+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

I'm more interested in toggling immunity (attribute E) by linking it to a skill. Ditto for weak. With that, you could do something like Yuna's wards, and have it be canceled. You could also have something like Oil, but have it easy to dispel (currently it isn't). The idea is that when not on status, it reverts to the original attrubute level (C for instance).

Trust me what you're proposing is doable. You'd need a way to keep it from double-checking and eating up former equips. But other than that, no it doesn't need a plugin.
download StatusAnimationFix

Inflicting a status unto the caster of a Skill or having such a Skill reflected back to you, and the hero just gets stuck while moving or warps back in a single frame? Try this.

edit (11/18/2014):
new version:

download StatusAnimationFix[+]

This replaces the older patch above (SAF.ips)
This moves the Hero back properly if a status is inflicted (or equipment is changed) mid-movement.
Is there a way to change the player's inventory through DynRPG? Things like adding and removing items.
I was hoping for something like:
RPG::inventory[5] = 10;
But I've been unable to find any way to do this.
author=bugmenot
download StatusAnimationFixInflicting a status unto the caster of a Skill or having such a Skill reflected back to you, and the hero just gets stuck while moving or warps back in a single frame? Try this.

edit:

This replaces the older patch above (SAF.ips)
This moves the Hero back properly if a status is inflicted (or equipment is changed) mid-movement.

Thanks again, bugmenot! This is an appreciated cosmetic fix for certain. However, I have one condition that can sometimes be granted to a hero when he is finished using the "Attack" command, during which he steps forward, so as he is walking back, there is a battle event that inflicts the condition, but then he gets stuck in place. Would this be an easy/quick fix to add to this patch since you have already figured out how to do it with spellcasters?
Does this do something:

download StatusAnimationFix[+]?

This should force the Hero to move back if he/she is not where she/he started at, when any Condition is in effect.

If not, it might help sending me a RPG_RT.ldb with just that battle event that 'successfully' gets the Hero stuck.

I can't really recreate the sequence in which you applied the change of Conditions. Might be because I don't know jack about RPG Maker, heh.
author=bugmenot
Does this do something:

This should force the Hero to move back if he/she is not where she/he started at, when any Condition is in effect.

If not, it might help sending me a RPG_RT.ldb with just that battle event that 'successfully' gets the Hero stuck.

I can't really recreate the sequence in which you applied the change of Conditions. Might be because I don't know jack about RPG Maker, heh.

Oh goodie! It worked! :D thanks a bunch!
How does the RPS+ work? As in, can this work the Minimum damage?

author=bugmenot
Here's one with a better "Miss!" detection:

download RPS[+]

"Miss!" won't be displayed if a Skill does not try to change any parameters of its target. "Miss!" will be displayed if a change of Conditions or Attribute resistances was tried and failed.

author=bugmenot
author=bulmabriefs144
a way to make it so monsters deal a minimum of 1 hp damage
author=bugmenot
[QuickPatches]
DmgCapper=49D03B,E8F69DFAFF,446E36,B800000000E86C34FEFF92B80F270000C3
minDMG=446E37,#1
maxDMG=446E42,#9999

edit:
Oh, you want the damage to cap out in certain situations. No, what you want is impossible with DynRPG (for now).

Is it still impossible?

No, it does distinguish. Miss when nothing, 1 when 0, Immune when damage is equal to immune type. HOWEVER! Immune displays, but with the damage cap, damage is still taken. I tested it with a sample weakling holy caster (my party has high DEF but is immune to holy).

Also, I may want a patch/plugin that turns certain switches ON when the game starts.
author=bugmenot
Does this do something:

There is actually a side effect with this patch (at least this version of it) where the status condition pose for a hero may not update immediately. Even with a fresh battle setup (a 'monster group' with no page events), the only time a hero will immediately change pose based on their condition is when a non-item command is used on themself, so, for example, using an item skill that gives a speed buff to an ally or the user won't change the pose of that character until that character uses another action of his own that is not an item. Likewise, a skill targeted on an ally won't change their pose immediately. Using a regular skill, however, on the user WILL change their pose immediately.
author=Shoobinator
status condition pose for a hero may not update immediately.

author=bulmabriefs144
Is it still impossible?
author=bugmenot
impossible with DynRPG (for now).
No callbacks on damage calculation = no fancy custom formulas, that's what was said.

Try this:
download RPS[+]
readme
%12 (Damage Cap)
[Attack]+[Skills]
-> min.DMG = [A] (doesn't overwrite Immunity or damage below zero)
-> max.DMG = [B] (set [B] = 0 to not use a max.Cap)

download DBX.ini
(For RM2k9. To set higher DmgMul[A|B|C|D|E] for Attributes.)

Also, I may want a patch/plugin that turns certain switches ON when the game starts.
Insufficient information.
A plugin that distinguishes whether or not a game was loaded / game session is restarted?
author=bulmabriefs144

Aren't you using the custom title screen patch? Just make an autostart event and set your switches there...
author=bugmenot
author=Shoobinator

author=bulmabriefs144
Is it still impossible?

author=bugmenot

No callbacks on damage calculation = no fancy custom formulas, that's what was said.

Try this:
download RPS[+]
readme
%12 (Damage Cap)
[Attack]+[Skills]

Both these patches seem to work wonderfully, except the new RPS+ attribute DOES overwrite damage below zero for weapons, as far as I can tell. However, everything else works great!
Hello folks, just wanted to notify interested parties of a new plugin called DynParams. If you've ever thought, gosh, it would be handy if the option to use variable references that some RPG Maker 2003 event commands have were available for all event commands, this is the plugin for you. It even can alter string parameters (messages, file names, etc.), and a side benefit of this is that it's possible to construct comment commands at run-time, for use by both DynParams and other plugins. Check it out, it should allow your projects to be far more data-driven.
author=Shoobinator
author=bugmenot
author=Shoobinator
author=bulmabriefs144
Is it still impossible?
author=bugmenot

Try this:
download RPS[+]
readme
%12 (Damage Cap)
[Attack]+[Skills]
Both these patches seem to work wonderfully, except the new RPS+ attribute DOES overwrite damage below zero for weapons, as far as I can tell. However, everything else works great!

Okay, I'll test that out.

Urgh, no. I need a previous version. This one makes skills not appear to deal damage period. I had a monster that deals light (my party is immune) and attack (the party is higher def). It did immune for the light, and blank damage for the blunt attack, so my party didn't take damage.

The previous patch did the following.

Immune actually did do no damage. That wasn't inherently broken. What was broken was trying to hard-code it using quickpatch. It would deal 1 damage min despite displaying Immune.

Miss usually resulted with high def/other.

Sometimes you'd get 0 anyway.

--------------------------

Here's the thing I wanted:

Miss or 1 with high def. 50% Miss/ 50% 1 damage. This goes for physical and skill.

Immune for elemental resist (0 damage)

100% Miss for evade.

----------------------------------

I know you do good work, but this one might need serious testing, since there's alot that can be screwy. Also, %12 doesn't appear to work at all.

There should probably be an alt version without this stuff that just has the % with no Immune, since this is kinda not everyone's thing.

...Holdon. It may yet work. Realized I had HP unchecked.

Doesn't work, from what I can see. No damage capper, 0 damage for high def. Damage capper, 1 damage but it still overrides Immune. I think what I need is a "soft rewrite" as in quickpatches are hard rewrite, the damage cap always comes into effect. This should put the damage cap into effect only after we're sure there's no Immune/Miss.

Something like, rather than a modifier, sort of an add damage, given the conditions of Immune/Miss are false.
I'm currently busy with something else. i might take a look at it when I've got time.

Do you both have - by chance - any attributes on those Skills checked that have higher DamageMultipliers than zero/below zero on the enemy's resistance? (except %Attributes, their DamageMultipliers are ignored (unless I damaged something))

edit
author=bugmenot
Here's a fix:
download ClassChangeEquipFix

I like the fact that nobody noticed that all equipment gets un-equipped when using the <ChangeJobClass> command ...
bulmabriefs144, the %12 (Damage Cap) attribute worked as I described above. However, strangely, for the attribute to work for skills, you also need your equipped weapon to have the %12 attribute.
This may been the problem. I was using it to make monsters deal a minimum of 1 damage. They had no weapons, so skills don't work.

Light skill was holy and %12.
"Attack" skill was blunt and %3, %4, %5, %12.
author=bulmabriefs144
This may been the problem. I was using it to make monsters deal a minimum of 1 damage. They had no weapons, so skills don't work.

Light skill was holy and %12.
"Attack" skill was blunt and %3, %4, %5, %12.

I'm using an enemy skill with %1, %5, and %12. It still does 1 damage even if the power isn't high enough BUT it does get completely blocked by full immunity to its element and it will be absorbed as well if the target's resistance is high enough. However, there is a weird interface issue where instead of healing a positive amount, sometimes (seemingly at random) you will take negative damage, which is effectively a heal but it looks like damage because it's in the damage font color with a negative sign.

The part that I crossed out was tested with a skill that would normally do >0 amount of damage. If the skill would have done 0 damage, with the %12 attribute, it would deal 1 damage on a target that would usually absorb the attack, instead of healing 0. However, this same kind of skill will successfully read "Immune" if the target is exactly immune to the skill element type.
Sorry, I did not notice that I had a %12 weapon equipped when testing whether or not Skills work with %12. As a result I overlooked that ActionKind is AK_NONE when damage is applied and displayed / tested for weapon stats in all cases.

Fixed that:
download RPS[+]

it would deal 1 damage on a target
I forgot to tell the DmgCapper QuickPatch to consider negative values.

Fixed that:
[QuickPatches]
DmgCapper(p1)=49D03B,E8F69DFAFF,446E36,B800000000680F270000E922080000
DmgCapper(p2)=447667,83FA007C06E83B2CFEFF9258C3
DmgCapper(min)=446E37,#0
DmgCapper(max)=446E3C,#9999
... replace the lines DmgCapper, minDMG, maxDMG with those.

Edit
In case something does not seem to work with it, try replacing the #numbers with hexadecimals:
HexConverter
Put the number into the rightmost box next to the 'big-endian' and take the left box next to the 'little-endian' and put that number behind the comma
e.g. DmgCapper(max)=446E3C,0F270000

(Or use windows calculator -> hold alt+3)

Hmmm... the sequence in which damage is calculated is:

-calculate BaseDmg + RowBonus
-variance on regular/physical attacks
-min/max DmgCapper (QuickPatch, general purpose / on all kinds of attacks/skills)
-check for immunity (RPS[+], will overwrite min/max DmgCapper)
-%12 (Damage Cap) (RPS[+], will not overwrite immunity or damage below zero resulting from previous steps)
Yeah, I think this works better than before, but there is one scenario that I think has been overlooked: a target with high defenses receives an attack from a damage type that it would normally absorb/heal from (take negative damage from). Because of the defender's high defense, the damage gets calculated to zero, but then the %12 Damage Cap would overwrite that for 1 (or whatever value was chosen), and then the target takes 1 point of damage when the target should only ever heal from this type of attack.

However, in most other cases, the zero damage should be overwritten by the minimum amount.
How about now?
download RPS[+]

Though the word "Immune" will pop up if the (normally absorbed) damage is calculated as being zero (due to too high of a DEF value).

And the DamageCapper QuickPatch does not work with absorbtion being 0. If you don't remove that QuickPatch, it will do the minimum damage instead of healing 0 HP.