+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Are you kidding? I think this is doable by common event.

I think I've even done stiff like this.

Ive made limit breaks, which replaces attack with limit. The difference is a status that does this. It's part of common event and should be simple to do.

Just use change commands to remove Attack, and put it inside a NoAttack condition.
author=Corti
author=GhostRider
here's a small request (this one is tough, dunno if it's possible at all) but is it possibile to make that a certain status disable the attack command on one character?
It would be possible, but: This could change the command menu while it is drawn.

Two possibilities:
a) the creators of rm2k3 where expecting this and wrote code that can deal with a situation that only happens, when crazy people hack the software.
b) crash boom bang!

so in other words i'm screwed *lol*

@bulmabriefs144 don't get me wrong i'm not taking anything away from what you've done, but changing one command with another is basic (really, limit that replace attack is really one of the first thing someone learns to do via events), and yes, your method is valid, but what i asked if it was possible was to not allow the plaeyer to select the command at all, turn it gray, so to speak, that's what corti was refering to.

('tho, on second thought, i could just remove te attack command at all, instead of replacing it with something else)
To grey it out? I think it's easier just to remove it. But that should be possible.

Hey, ummm. I need a gameover event plugin. Basically, I have a gameover loss event, but I have party experience leakage. It's switch-based, and I have it run after battle. After extremely redundant code, which should screen out any losses (I mean seriously I checked two different ways two different times, and it's STILL doing this), I finally managed it only by really screwing with things.

Is there a way to simply give priority to loss events? Or to give the ability to turn switches ON/OFF in the event of a loss (as part of ini would be preferable, since the thing takes me to the gameover area, but then runs the Exp event immediately)?

author=bulmabriefs144
Are you kidding? I think this is doable by common event.

Replacing commands is of course easy by using event code. The tricky thing is to have the event code called at the right moment.

As you know "HERO does X Command" really means "HERO decided to use X Command", so the eventpage is called before the action is executed.
If you want code to run AFTER an action has ended, you need to set a switch in the "Hero does X Command" that activates another page, that will be executed after the action really happened. This does not work on item usage, defend or when using a skill that changes conditions, because somehow, setting or removing conditions changes the event page process and the maker ignores eventpages and calls them at a later time.

ATB is another factor. Monster and hero turns interrupt eventpage execution. It requires a lot of work and a pretty well configured AtbSpeed-Plugin to get actor turns executed one after another without doing unexpected stuff. I managed to do that, but i have 30+ event pages in every monster group with the single purpose of executing event code after something happened. Works most of the time.

The condition that prevents his hero from using attack is probably applied by monsters, that complicates the matter a little more, since it can also lead to changing the command while the command window is shown. Don't know if the maker-internal method is error-proof, which leads us back to crash boom bang.

What you wrote about a limit system is true. I can imagine that this would work pretty well using standard event code. I didn't suggest that to him, because of the compliations i just mentioned.
Okay, so...

• Battle Loss/Win Switches
  • Disable commands (I could use this)
  • From a battle I did today, I'd like a thing where you can make a choice box wait a certain number of seconds then select an option (including cancel)
Anyone opposed to the idea of a "System3" folder and style standard? It would be for some new UI elements like two darker window variations --one for "not selected" and one for "grayed out." With something like this in mind:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/20/images/34230/

In that image, there are faceset borders (optional) for croppable facesets, and "label" graphics. Not shown would be loading bar graphics. I'll make ones to match the 4 default system sets.

Anyway, calling it "System3" would be a convenient/consistent way of organizing them instead of dumping them into the Pictures folder or one of the other System folders, but it's another folder, and I don't want to just start adding random folders that would confuse people.
I'd be okay with it. Presumably anybody serious enough to have come looking for mods to RT2K3 would be able to deal with something like adding an extra folder to their projects. Out of curiosity, would this be a new feature of DynRPG, or a specific plugin?
At least 2 so far. 4 planned. I'm basically making all of my custom menus completely plugin driven instead of event driven since people have asked about sharing them in the past. Save/load plugin is mostly done. :)
I don't think there are problems to have one or more folders in addition to your project.
Indeed, help to keep order in the files.
author=PepsiOtaku
Anyone opposed to the idea of a "System3" folder and style standard? It would be for some new UI elements like two darker window variations --one for "not selected" and one for "grayed out." With something like this in mind:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/20/images/34230/

In that image, there are faceset borders (optional) for croppable facesets, and "label" graphics. Not shown would be loading bar graphics. I'll make ones to match the 4 default system sets.

Anyway, calling it "System3" would be a convenient/consistent way of organizing them instead of dumping them into the Pictures folder or one of the other System folders, but it's another folder, and I don't want to just start adding random folders that would confuse people.

i probably wouldn't use it because i've done most of the work myself via events, but by all measn, why would i oppose it :P
besides i could use it for any future project so i won't have to make them myself again, which it's not hard but extremely boring :P
Request Time :P

I could use a plugin that gives every character a HP/MP bonus depending on other stats. I'll explain it better with numbers: let's say ever 1 point in Defense you get like +10 Max HP and every 1 point in Strenght you get +5 Max MP (i would normally say Intellect rather then strenght but i use a different system that revolves around Corti's Custom Critical Hit Plugin) but basically the Strenght stats works for both phsical attack damage and skill damage (i love 2k3 but really the one stat for both magic attack and defense, basically kills every mage character unless you make 99 copies of each spell and exchange them each level).

i know something like that is possible, the guy who made starless umbra did this plugin but unfortunately he never released it and as far as i know he is not into rpg maker anymore, the only problem is that i still don't know for sure which stats i want and how many point they should give to hp/mp (that would require some tests) so maybe if possible the plugin should be flexible...
like, i dunno, make the config file like this:

[stats_bonus]
stats-for-hp: Defense (or whatever)
stats-for-mp: Attack (or whatever)
hp-per-point: +10
mp-per-point: +5
Request Time #2: I want to be able to set a equip stat to a variable. As in, if I have a variable tied to an equip, it screws up because it won't "unequip". I'd like something that's like a sword that has added attack stats equal the number of enemies you kill or equal to hp. Or something like evolving weapons.
author=GhostRider
but i use a different system that revolves around Corti's Custom Critical Hit Plugin)
That's a good start ;-)

@your request:
I created exactly that for my own game, but it's part of a bigger plugin and not configurable.

What my plugin does, is to calculate bonus def into bonus lp, that means i don't overwite lifepoints by base.def*10, instead i take base.life + (crrent.def - base.def ) * 10.

I don't know how this behaves when the base values of heroes are changed via classes.
Do you use classes?

author=GhostRider
i know something like that is possible, the guy who made starless umbra did this plugin but unfortunately he never released it and as far as i know he is not into rpg maker anymore
I wrote him years ago about that plugin and he didn't answer, so i made my own stuff.

author=GhostRider
the only problem is that i still don't know for sure which stats i want and how many point they should give to hp/mp (that would require some tests) so maybe if possible the plugin should be flexible
That is one of the lesser challenges.

I'll see what i can do for you. Sadly, these are busy days for me, so it might take a while.

Btw. i made that other item-flag thing for you, did it help you create what you wanted to create?

--------------------------------------------------------------
author=bulmabriefs144
Request Time #2: I want to be able to set a equip stat to a variable. As in, if I have a variable tied to an equip, it screws up because it won't "unequip". I'd like something that's like a sword that has added attack stats equal the number of enemies you kill or equal to hp. Or something like evolving weapons.
The plugin i made for GhostRider allows to set the atk/def/int/agi values as well as other properties for items. It does not auto-update values to match the variable, but if you could call the comment-command when starting a battle or opening the menu, the plugin should workfor that.
author=Corti
I'll see what i can do for you. Sadly, these are busy days for me, so it might take a while.

Btw. i made that other item-flag thing for you, did it help you create what you wanted to create?

yeah that was awesome, it turned out that it was even more powerful than I expected, allowing me to change literally EVERYTHING about an item (i haven't tried yet but i wonder if i can change its name too - like Iron Sword +1/+2/etc..), only thing i haven't tested yet is if i can give an attribute that is specific for a shield/armor/helm/accessory (like Half MP Cost) to a weapon (wel i did put it in a comment and the game did not explode or anything but i haven't noticed any changes in battle)

as for my request, take your time, i apreciate you looking into it. also, like you, i don't want it to override current max hp, but simply add to it :)
Mmmmm, so it was a dupe request. Nvm then, I'll check it when it comes out.

Is there a plugin (or patch) that fixes the "event refers to an item/skill that does not exist"? I'd rather it skip the turn or something instead of stopping a battle or otherwise screwing with gameplay. I mean, this is something that could use a fix, and involves something screwy with how 2k3 handles errors. I'd rather it end event processing than stop my game.
Thanks kaine. That should help.

Oh crap...
author=bulmabriefs144

Oh crap...

here, this round is on me: Your text to link here...
Thanks, GhostRider. Hopefully this website will be fixed soon.
author=bulmabriefs144

Oh crap...

Ooo, I might want to add this to my project because "Why not use an already existing bugfix?", amirite?