+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

@shoobinator @bulmabriefs144 the download works.
But i don't know why appears that writing.
http://puu.sh/iEOMR/cd69467e48.png

I'm having this problem?

Can someone help?

It says " failed to initialize subsystems" when i try to playtest my game.

I believe it's due to the RGSS plugin which I can't seem to remove.

IF I remove the plug in, i get a billion windows giving me more errors. :((
author=Razzy
http://puu.sh/iEOMR/cd69467e48.png

I kinda remember this one.

Make sure the contents of ..\rpgss-0.9.0\bin are copy pasted into the game's folder (where stuff like the RPG_RT.exe is located);
the rpgss.dll is then cut and pasted into the DynPlugins folder;
and the 3 folders in ..\rpgss-0.9.0\assets are copy pasted into the game's folder as well.

... or maybe a script is defective.
It just randomly solved itself...

I'm not totally sure what was wrong but it eventually stopped giving me an error.

And I haven't messed with my games folders at all. It just decided to randomly do that today.
author=kaine87
@shoobinator @bulmabriefs144 the download works.
But i don't know why appears that writing.

Because alot of them don't. I downloaded a few of the zipped files and they were corrupt/empty. The ips was okay as it was just file.

Interestingly, the patch works but not in window mode (just fullscreen). I pressed alt enter, and got the error like twice.
i have a question regarding the battle info disloc patch (i think this was the name)

i have slightly adjusted the position of the heroes portraits in the standard battle system but since i have a modded rm2k3 where charas can have up to 4igits MP i have a problem when mp goes above 999:

here is the code in the dyn config file under :

is there a way to fix it so that the MP values are allined with the HP values?

Face(y)=496ABB,#190
HPB(y)=496B08,#190
HPD(y)=496B3B,#190,496B6E,#190,496B9E,#190,496BC9,#190
MPB(y)=496C02,#206,496C48,#206
MPD(y)=496C7B,#206,496CAD,#206,496CDA,#206
ATB(y)=496D1F,#222
Face(dx)=496AC2,6BC9,496AC4,%80
Face(Far-x)=496ACB,034B14A174DB4C008B008BD6E8F4FF00008BC78B10FF5228508B4714
Face(x)=496AC5,81C1,496AC7,#-5
HPB(Far-x)=496AF6,81C2,496AFC,8BC6
HPB(x)=496AF8,#43
HPD(Far-x)=496B29,81C2,496B2F,8BC6,496B5C,81C2,496B62,8BC6,496B8C,81C2,496B92,8BC6,496BB7,81C2,496BBD,8BC6
HPD(x)=496B2B,#35,496B5E,#43,496B8E,#53,496BB9,#61
MPB(Far-x)=496BEE,81C2,496BF4,8BC6,496C34,81C2,496C3A,8BC6
MPB(x)=496BF0,#48,496C36,#43
MPD(Far-x)=496C67,81C2,496C6D,8BC6,496C99,81C2,496C9F,8BC6,496CC6,81C2,496CCC,8BC6
MPD(x)=496C69,#43,496C9B,#51,496CC8,#59
ATB(Far-x)=496D0A,81C2,496D10,8BC6
ATB(x)=496D0C,#43
I'd say one of the x values. But I don't really understand that code.
New plugin alert! DynBattleDisplay is now available. It lets you put HP/MP/ATB gauges over monsters and/or heroes, as well as status condition icons with counters for how many turns they'll last at minimum. Here's a quick preview:

That's pretty cool, though I've got my own battle designs.

Anyone know how to mod RPS+?

I want to add/change some things to it.

Specifically, I want to have damage reverse to damage when healing but the % is negative (it defaults to immune). And I want to have %12 use values of variables rather than values in A and B. Currently, because it uses values, this means max damage is 2000. That's kinda limited. Whereas, I could set it to whatever variable, set the min variable to value 1, and maximum to 9999 and have a normal attack range (making Limit Breaks actually break a limit by not being check. I'd also like a way to store the value in a variable of the damage.
these are the refering lines:
Face(y)=496ABB,#190

MPD(Far-x)=496C67,81C2,496C6D,8BC6,496C99,81C2,496C9F,8BC6,496CC6,81C2,496CCC,8BC6
MPD(x)=496C69,#43,496C9B,#51,496CC8,#59

problemi is, it referes to 3 digits while i need to do it for 4 digits;
if i change the #43/51/59 values in the MPD(x) string and allign them with the HPD(x) values it works, and the final digits in the MP allignes automatically with the rest, as seen here:

however, as you can see from the same image, when you have less than 4digt hp it allines differently, which... well it works, it's fine anyway, 'tho if it can be fixed, it's better.

i don't really understand the code either, i altered the #X values here and there untill i saw what they were refering to and made it to work.. lol
Go with it. You would need the equivalent of an if condition to get it to adjust the x/y based on the digits. It's treating it that way because of internal assumptions on how many digits there should be so either change the starting position, or have it leak off the side.
author=bulmabriefs144
Anyone know how to mod RPS[+]?

... I do. When I find the hours to redo that patchwork.
Didn't want to mess up things for whoever will be in charge of adding callbacks on to DynRPG.
I kind of hoped that at least some other things would have updated since then.

author=GhostRider
i have a question regarding the battle info disloc patch (i think this was the name)

You mean Visu Something?

Try this:
download VisuGauge(BigDigits)
author=bugmenot
author=GhostRider

You mean Visu Something?

Try this:
download VisuGauge(BigDigits)

yeah that was it, thanks :D
Well, I was asking if anyone besides you had the knowledge set (since the last few times, you've said you were super busy).

I'm not sure what's going on with DynRPG now, since the new engine has kinda screwed things up. They may make a new DynRPG that gets compatible with the new one (assuming new EULA), they may make one compatible only with the new one, they may hold off for awhile.
author=AubreyTheBard
New plugin alert! DynBattleDisplay

Why are the HP/MP/ATB gauges displayed briefly at the start of battle?

Also (as the screen would be too stuffed if the gauges were shown all the time) when people use that 'show for x frames when a change occurs' it would be nice to see HP/MP/ATB when targetting an enemy:

#include <DynRPG/DynRPG.h>
//Dyn.30 is required

//[...]
{
bool WindowOpen;
asm volatile("call *%%esi"
:"=a" (WindowOpen)
: "S" (0x4C6748), "a" (RPG::battleData->winMonTarget)
: "cc", "memory");
//calls isWindowOpen()
//Built-in RM2k3 function that returns whether or not a RPG::Window is currently open

if (WindowOpen == true)
{
int monPartySlot;
asm volatile("call *%%esi"
: "=a" (monPartySlot)
: "S" (0x4953E4), "a" (RPG::battleData->winMonTarget)
: "cc", "memory");
//calls getMonTarget()
//Built-in RM2k3 function that returns the enemy's partySlot (0..7) selected by the cursor in target window

//monPartySlot +1 is the enemy's ID in the monster group (it includes dead/escaped/invisible enemies) not on the target menu
//works for all battle layouts (Gauge layout has the target window open off-screen)
}
}
author=bugmenot
Why are the HP/MP/ATB gauges displayed briefly at the start of battle?

Well, code-wise, it's because I initialize the timers which track whether to show a gauge at a given moment to the value specified in the configuration for how long to show a gauge after a change (it's in the SetBattler function in case you want to know). Design-wise, I wasn't particularly thinking about the way it'd make gauges pop up briefly at the start of battle, mainly I was just ensuring that if they're supposed to always be visible, the timer would immediately be set to -1. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, though. A quick reminder of your party's status at the start of the battle could be something a lot of players appreciate. "Ideally" of course I should add a configuration option that lets the developer decide whether they want that, or even specifically how long the gauges appear at battle start, but then I'd have to update the code in about five different places, as well as the DynRPG.ini and the readme.html. X) Feel free to make your own modifications, of course.

author=bugmenot
Also (as the screen would be too stuffed if the gauges were shown all the time) when people use that 'show for x frames when a change occurs' it would be nice to see HP/MP/ATB when targetting an enemy:

(code stuff)

That's an interesting thought, and I agree it would be nice, but I've already put a lot more time into making DynBattleDisplay a generally useful plugin than I would've needed to just make a plugin that serves my own project. The assembly stuff spooks me too, even if all I'd have to do is drop the code you've provided black-box into my logic. X) Again, feel free to make your own modifications.

By the way, I'm curious. Is there some listing somewhere of DynRPG plugins and such besides RMN's utilities/plugins section and the main Cherry Tree website? I occasionally hear mention on here about mods (like the VisuGauge discussed above) available on CherryShare, and apart from the links people give when talking about a specific mod I don't see any way of finding what's available. -.-a
author=bugmenot
New functions

Also note, that you can use "currentChoice" and "choiceActive" in any window to get whatever is selected in that window. This simple function can be adapted to any RPG::Window object:

int getSelectedMonster() { 
if (RPG::battleData->winMonTarget->choiceActive) {
return RPG::battleData->winMonTarget->currentChoice;
} else return -1;
}

int getSelectedHero() {
if (RPG::battleData->winPartyTarget->choiceActive) {
return RPG::battleData->winPartyTarget->currentChoice;
} else return -1;
}

int getSelectedCommand() {
if (RPG::battleData->winCommand->choiceActive) {
return RPG::battleData->winCommand->currentChoice;
} else return -1;
}

int getFightEscapeAuto() {
if (RPG::battleData->winFightEscape->choiceActive) {
return RPG::battleData->winFightEscape->currentChoice;
} else return -1;
}

etc...

Edit: Added this to RPG::Window, so you can use RPG::battleData->winMonTarget->getSelected()

Get the latest here:
https://github.com/rewrking/DynRPG
http://rewking.com/dynrpg/
author=AubreyTheBard
Is there some listing somewhere of DynRPG plugins and such
The last time someone tried to do this, it just... stagnated.
Most of those listings are in RMN's utility section anyways.
Corti made several plugins, but the instructions are mostly in german at the moment.

Here's some old stuff I made.
Also, there's hundreds of QuickPatches floating about.

You're better off just shouting if you need something.

author=PepsiOtaku
int getSelectedMonster() { 
if (RPG::battleData->winMonTarget->choiceActive) {
return RPG::battleData->winMonTarget->currentChoice;
} else return -1;
}
Just bear in mind that it only returns the cursor position in the target window.
Let's say Monster#1 is at the top of the target choices and gets killed off. Now Monster#2 is the top choice. RPG::battleData->winMonTarget->currentChoice; would still return 0 and would require you to check which monsters are still in battle every time.

I posted the getMonTarget() thing since it's faster. And, apparently, what's where in the target list is tracked in RPG::Window of winMonTarget.
author=PepsiOtaku
Get the latest here:
https://github.com/PepsiOtaku/DynRPG
http://rewtone.com/dynrpg/

Uhhh, question. How to do I work it so version 0.20 gets all the adds from github?
Click "Download Zip" and drop all of the .h files into your ../include/DynRPG folder and overwrite the previous ones. Then you can use all the new classes in Codeblocks.