+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

So, the patcher doesn't change?

Can someone doublecheck the "item/check does not exist" patch? I'm still getting the error for some reason.
author=bulmabriefs144
So, the patcher doesn't change?

Correct!
I have to say, I am in awe of the people who can program this way and I thank them, one and all, for their additions to this very niche hobby.

I'm just getting back into 2k3 (and hoping that we get the official version approval for all these patches too), but these patches are awesome. Particularly the enemy health/status icon patches.

So much kudos to those in the thread who have written things.
I have a question.
I downloaded VisuCommands patch from here, but adjusting the QuickPatches in DynRPG.ini seems to do nothing? The patch seems to be working, the battle commands are popping up over each individual character, but I'm unable to adjust the precise positionings.
Can someone help me?

EDIT:
I'd love to simulate this style of "battle commands" over each character.
Unfortunately, I don't speak German. (I think it's German).
Huh, I thought it worked (the last time I checked)

author=DynRPG.ini
[QuickPatches]
; Paste quickpatches here

CmdWindow_y-Pos(Draw)=497E81,#160
CmdWindow_y-Pos(Open)=497F1D,#160

If something's acting up again, try those instead:
CmdWindow_y-Pos(Draw)=497E81,A0000000
CmdWindow_y-Pos(Open)=497F1D,A0000000

If it's still not working, you can PM me the contents of the folders DynPatches and DynPlugins as well as the DynRPG.ini, I'll take a look.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Either that or have the battle commands cover the faceset and gauges of each individual character.

Sorry for posting twice, using a proxy server at work, won't allow me to edit my original post again. xD
ALSO, sorry if I'm coming off as a begger. :/

I just want to throw a GINORMOUS thank you out there to all of you guys working with C++ and DYN to make all of these things happen.
I'm very much in awe of your outstanding works, and every plugin I use will be credited in my game.
author=bugmenot
Huh, I thought it worked (the last time I checked)

author=DynRPG.ini

; Paste quickpatches here

CmdWindow_y-Pos(Draw)=497E81,#160
CmdWindow_y-Pos(Open)=497F1D,#160

If something's acting up again, try those instead:
CmdWindow_y-Pos(Draw)=497E81,A0000000
CmdWindow_y-Pos(Open)=497F1D,A0000000

If it's still not working, you can PM me the contents of the folders DynPatches and DynPlugins as well as the DynRPG.ini, I'll take a look.

I'll give it another shot with these commands and let you know.
Thank you for the response!
author=bugmenot

Totally works.
My RPG.EXE was patched with an old version of DynRPG.
Which brings me to my next question; Is there no way to patch the newest DynRPG to an RPG.exe that was previously patched with an older version? When I try this, every time I open the game it crashes. I had SO many things patched, and fonts and glyphs too. Any work around, or no?
If you know what's been modified or can still find those patches on the interwebs...

If not:
Do you still have a back-up of the previous RPG_RT.exe? (patched with an older version of DynRPG, all pre-patched old mods intact)

If so: download LunarIPS
(use RPG_RT back-ups in the following steps, in case something goes wrong)

[1] Create a new 2k3 project (shouldn't have dyn on), take its RPG_RT.exe (name it 'RPG_RT - native' or something)
[2] Copy&Paste RPG_RT - native and apply the old DynRPG patch to it (name it 'RPG_RT - dyn(old)' or something)
[3] Start up Lunar IPS, select "create IPS patch"
[4] When it asks for "ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED" file, select "all files" in the bottom right and open RPG_RT - dyn(old)
[5] Then it asks for "NEW MODIFIED" file, "all files" and open RPG_RT - native
[6] Save as RPG_RT - deDyn (or whatever, it's just for navigation)
[7] The newly created .ips file gets rid of file modifications (only the old DynRPG)
[8] Apply RPG_RT - deDyn.ips to a copy of your game's RPG_RT
[9] Patch the newer version of DynRPG (Dyn.20) on top of it.

Selecting a patched file as "ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED" and an unpatched file as "NEW MODIFIED" in Lunar IPS results in an UnPatch/DePatch/whatever.

Or just patch a native RPG_RT with an old version of dyn, start Lunar IPS, "create IPS patch".
Now, "ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED": select a native RPG_RT patched with old dyn.
"NEW MODIFIED": select your game's RPG_RT.exe (the one patched with the old dyn).
The resulting ips. file should contain all your previous patches (there will be problems if one of those specifically modifies DynRPG related things)
Take another native RPG_RT, patch the newer DynRPG and the .ips file (containing previous patches) onto it.

Followed your steps above.
Getting this error as soon as the time gauge fills. :/
I think I'm gonna just have to find all my original patches and re-apply them.

Issue has been resolved.
Thank you for the help, bugmenot.
author=bugmenot
author=bulmabriefs144
Anyone know how to mod RPS[+]?
... I do. When I find the hours to redo that patchwork.
Didn't want to mess up things for whoever will be in charge of adding callbacks on to DynRPG.

Hey ummm, largely because I may or may not have the wrong version, but also to clarify some strange bugs, can run down instances where Immune pops up? (The SAME enemy is getting hit by a skill and one is showing Immune and the other not, and also I had an enemy killed either by death or damage taking Immune). I want to find out what gets put in each condition, either 0/Damage#/Miss/Healing#/No Display/Immune:

• If a monster/hero is hit by a skill or attack that is greater than defense. (Should be Damage# or Miss)
  • If a physical attack misses (Duh, miss. Same for if monster AGI is way higher than party if they dodge
  • If a monster/hero is hit by a skill or attack that is lesser than defense. (Should be 0, or whatever %12 was set to. Ideally, this would instead deal one letter less, but yea)
  • If a monster/hero is hit by a death attack/skill (it does either immune or damage# but because this is unclear as a death if it says immune, removing the display or causing effects before damage might be better)
  • If % is negative (Healing #, which it is)
  • If % is 0 (Immune, which it is, usually)
  • If %2 hits an enemy (I think it's supposed to deal damage based on DEF, but I don't really get this one, it doesn't seem to work)
  • If % is negative for one element, but positive or zero for another (I'm not always sure what happens here, but some of this is rpgmaker 2k3)
  • If status % is zero (It should display something, but having both damage and status as "immune" is a bad idea)
  • If status is above 0% but the effect fails (I think alot of times it displays nothing, but this should be a miss. Except that the problem is, you can have attacks that deal damage AND inflict status)
  • If the skill itself fails (this is also usually blank, it should be a miss)
  • If the modifier is not 0% but damage reduces to less than 0 (It should always be 0 or %12 minimum damage, not immune)
  • If the modifier % is negative, but the skill is a healing one (This was designed to go to immune, but this is part of the problem)

There seems to be certain instances, still where Immune pops up, but there is still damage dealt. There are also certain instances, where Immune pops up but earlier or later attacks, or attacks to the same enemy, do not display this. Hopefully, whenever you do find time, some of this can be helped. Right now, there are issues making certain displays very confusing, like whether the monster was immune to my attack or my status.

Just beat an angel with Immune damage. Something broken here... Urgh, I have the time, I wish I knew what to do.
Does anyone know of a plugin or .ips that specifically activates WAIT instantly?
I've looked around for a day or two with no luck.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Yes. See this plugin: http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rt2k3/utilities/29/

It's also included in my "ATB Overhaul" plugin, but you may or may not be interested in the rest of it: http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rt2k3/utilities/60/
-_- I'll be damned, right on this site...
Thank you buddy!
Appreciate the response.
How do I know what version my dnyrpg is ?

And how do I go about patching it to the latest if mines is outdated?
Do I have to use all the previous patches i applied onto my rpg_rt ?
I'd really like to avoid repatching everything again tbh.
author=Razzy
How do I know what version my dnyrpg is ?

And how do I go about patching it to the latest if mines is outdated?
Do I have to use all the previous patches i applied onto my rpg_rt ?
I'd really like to avoid repatching everything again tbh.

If you right click your dynloader.dll in your project's folder and select "properties", under details you should be able to see what version you have under "file version".

Furthermore, there is way to transfer all of your current patches to a new RPG_RT.EXE
See here.
Oh, so then I already have the latest! Thanks. I didn't know, as it's been forever since I messed with it.
Question:
DynRPG 0.3x allows to influence the windows in battle.
I like to draw my own skill and item menu. Moving the windows into the void is easy.

But how would you detect that it was drawn that frame?

Window.winTimer says "The total number of frames the window has been visible before a RPG::Scene change. " but it is increased even if the window is not visible.

Window.choiceTimer is increased only when the windows is really visible, so i would chose that.

Question 2: What is that tooltipp window with the item/skill-description on top called and is there a pointer to it?
1. You can only edit existing windows at the moment. That class is still incomplete. ...But to check if existing windows are drawn, you can try rollOn1 & rollOn2. I forget what the values end up being, but they change when the window is being opened for those few frames you see it expanding from its center (some windows are instantaeous). At the very least you can try:
if (RPG::battleData->winAction) RPG::battleData->winAction->x = 123;
if you just need something simple like that.

2. Does that sit at the very top (coordinate 0,0) or right above the item/skill window? Off the top of my head I can't picture it for some reason. I'm 90% sure it's RPG::battleData->winAction though.

To get around not being able to create Window classes, I just wrote my own functions that mimic their look & behavior, drawing directly from the system image. They're a mess though... :X

I'll document that stuff one day...