+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

I never released the sourcecode until now and all readme files are in german, thats why my plugins are't posted here yet.

I'm in the process of translating and some of it will be released with source soon.
author=Corti
I never released the sourcecode until now and all readme files are in german, thats why my plugins are't posted here yet.

I'm in the process of translating and some of it will be released with source soon.

Ah, cool. Thanks for putting in the extra effort.
I want to alter the battle system in a major way.

(Level/10+ 1) x attack range damage. That is, suppose an attack deals ~540 at level 1-9 with maxed out strength (this 1.1-1.9 x ~540, moving to 2.0 at level 10 making it ~1180, 3.0 at 20 making it close to ~1650, and by the time you are at level 99, you are dealing around 10.9 x ~550 or roughly 5500). This is before elemental modifiers.

Monsters I can alter the attack using skills or superhigh attack values (thanks David), skills, the skills revamp pretty much works, but physical attacks don't really scale with level increases like I'd like.
Replace phys. attacks with skills. The onDobattlerAction callback allows to change the action, so switch the action type to SKILL and set skill ID to a skill that mimics the default attack. Then change the skills atk-influence.
Attack influence is good, but doesn't actually progress correctly with levelling. I had it as 1:1 for attack and int influence instead of the regular, on skills revamp.

At 1 attack inf, this adds maybe 999 damage to whatever you wanted to start out with. Too low, and past about 3, it hits 9999 relatively easy even with B elemental attribute. Essentially, it doesn't start at the right place, and builds wrong. I want more a steady growth of basic attacks. I also want to use weapons, and not the default attack.

I tested this with a party today. My first two fighters were dealing like 150 to 375 at about level 1. My level 99 was doing 550 damage, then managed a lucky set of criticals that dealt over 1100. But seriously, 1000 for a critical at 99 won't cut it. It should be mid 5000s at 99, and 9999 for an enemy weak to physical. 1000 should only apply to something like a crab that is resistant to physical.

I want something that does a hero number, and a multiplier for every 10 levels or something (counting 99 as 100), so at 1.0 multiplier, it is 10.0 x damage at level max. At 500 weapon max, there is only so much you can do, before damage is just garbage. I don't want to buy better weapons, I want grind to pay off. Because it's too easy to get an ultimate weapon.

Something like this:

Hero1 = 0.5 (average)
Hero2 = 1.0 (fighter)
Hero3 = 0.1 (wizard)
Of course attack influence doesn't progress correctly. It does not progress at all, its just a number, but you could make it do so, it's the DynRPG topic after all.

If you want a stronger power creep, change the base statistic curves. That's where your leveling progress and power creep happens.

author=Bulma
My first two fighters were dealing like 150 to 375 at about level 1. My level 99 was doing 550 damage,

Which endpoints does your atk curve use? I would guess L99 is roughly 3 times L1.

If you want big numbers at Level1 and even bigger numbers at level 99, chose a base statistic curve that reflects that. If your absolute numbers are too low, change the damage formular.

; // Changes damage formular
PlayerDmgRevamp=4B9847,D1E0,4B985F,909090
EnemyDmgRevamp=4C0B3E,D1E0,4C0B54,909090
SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#5,4C0DF8,#10,4C0E1A,#50,4C0E2F,#10

This changes the damage from (atk/2 - def/4) + (int/4 - int/8) to (atk/0.5 - def) + (int/0.5 - int). Thats factor 4. With that you can use a much lower Level1 startpoint and let the base statistics create the power creep for you.

This disables limits for atk- and int influence:
; // Disables limits in atk/int influence.
maxAtkInf(CureCondByDmg)=49D0ED,#80
maxAtkInfl+1(Usability)=4C08D8,#80

RM Ultimate UIMod Settings to allow that:
[FormEDSkill]

; AttackInfluence
Slider1.Max = 80
; IntellectInfluence
Slider2.Max=80
; Variance
Slider3.Max=10
With weapon, it is 297 (without, it's like 47, I think I wanted a strong starting weapon of +250). At level 99, it is 987.

But I don't want strong starting damage. 150 with a strong starting weapon is fine for level 1-10. But is you get closer to 30, I want the damage, even if strength doesn't improve at all to factor into how high a level you are. And I figure that strength will improve. 987 str gives 550 damage, with about twice that on critical. My monsters and bosses have huge hp, and while skills can beat them at lower levels, by knowing the right move, I want to be able to whack them with physical attacks at higher level. For that, I need a system that builds with level.

(It's not strictly necessary, but I would want that function for future games, rather than defaulting to switching to skills)
Problem: Windows 10 changed the font of my project!

Before the update(windows 8.1 pro)

After the update(windows 10 pro)

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Or alternatively, someone would know tell me the name of the font used by Dynrpg?
Would it be possible for someone here familiar with working with DynRPG code to make something that lets you store monster attack and defence values in variables?
author=kaine87
Problem: Windows 10 changed the font of my project!

Before the update(windows 8.1 pro)

After the update(windows 10 pro)

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Or alternatively, someone would know tell me the name of the font used by Dynrpg?

There's a program called Font Changer. I think I always keep it in my Extras folder for my games. Along with two very good fonts.
yes i found the plugin version of that tool on multimediaxis
http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/140611-RM2k3-Font-Changer-DynRPG-Plugin-(ersetzt-RM2k-3-Font-Changer-und-AutoFontInstall)
But
author=kaine87
someone would know tell me the name of the font used by Dynrpg?
author=kaine87
I had made a similar request to Kazesui time ago, but has yet to reply.
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/11004/?post=654053#post654053

Damn. Would be quite useful to have...

author=kaine87
someone would know tell me the name of the font used by Dynrpg?

I have a RM2000.fon file that's probably the one used in RPG Maker 2000/2003.
The default fonts in 2k3 are and always have been "MS Gothic" and "MS Mincho". DynRPG doesn't change that. Kentona posted them a while back here:

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/7793/?post=239994#post239994

Download that rar file, double click on each of the fonts in there and click on the "Install" button.
author=Milennin
Would it be possible for someone here familiar with working with DynRPG code to make something that lets you store monster attack and defense values in variables?

My projects all have that functionality, so I only need to copy that in a plugin.
I won't have time next week, but after that, I may help you.
I know this is probably a ridiculous question, but is there any plugin out there, or is it even possible to have screen effects display OVER battle animations?
You mean pics over animations? If so then yes. I used it in my project. Im on my phone ill dig for it when I have access to my laptop.
I've tried the "PicsInBattle-Patch" located HERE (not sure if this is the same patch you're talking about)
but I used an HPA format (Hyper Patcher) to apply it, and the picture doesn't show up in battle for whatever reason.

Just to be precise;
1.) RPG_RT is version 1.8
2.) I displayed the picture on the map before entering battle.
3.) The variable (#5000) is set to 2

Still no pic in battle.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

To be honest, I'd much rather be able to display screen effects over the battle animations, but I think I could work with pics over battle animations... if only I could get the patch to work properly.
ALSO:
Another issue if anyone could please help me out, I'd be very grateful.

I'm not sure if this is related to having installed DYN Plugins, or not.
But basically, the problem I'm running into is that any item added in an event on a map, no matter what type of item it is, it will show up in my items list in battle.

For example; if on a map right before a battle I add an item that is set to "switch" type, with no use in battle, it shows up in the item list in battle anyway. I've even tried to change the item type to weapon, common item, etc. No matter what type of item it is, it shows up in the items list in battle.

Has anyone ran into this issue?