+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

author=dethmetal
Is there a plugin that allows for games to run in windowed mode by default? Thanks!
Plugin I don't know, but there is this patch for rpg maker 2k3 1.08:
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-9276/rpg_rt_2k3_v108_alwayswindowed.ips
Use lunar ips to apply it.

Otherwise you can use this method:
https://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/109/
Hey everyone,

Would there happen to be a quickpatch or plugin that allows certain equipment slots to be hidden? Like hiding the shield and helmet slots? Thanks!
author=kaine87
author=dethmetal
Is there a plugin that allows for games to run in windowed mode by default? Thanks!
Plugin I don't know, but there is this patch for rpg maker 2k3 1.08:
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-9276/rpg_rt_2k3_v108_alwayswindowed.ips
Use lunar ips to apply it.

Otherwise you can use this method:
https://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/109/

Will putting the ips patch into dynpatches not work? That's where my other ips patches are. I tried applying the patch but it didn't change anything and the game starts up fullscreen still.

Would appreciate any help.
Hello !
First, a very big thanks to every one who worked on Dynrpg. I came back to rm2k3 after 8 or 9 years without touching it and it's absolutely crazy that we're now able to do all this.

So, I have a few problems with some plugins and would like to now is someone can help me.

1) I have error messages when using the DynBattleDisplay, after closing them, the battle will start but the plugin won't work.
EDIT : Maybe I should have search a little longer, the problem was the 32bit IPS patch.

2) The animated monsters plugin (the one with only 6 frames) doesn't seem to work with the last version of dynrpg, is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks you very much !

EDIT : Ok, i'm sorry but there's a 3.
It's about the RPS patch, everything works fine in battle but the main menu is now all black. I can move inside it, and only the Item menu opens but when I go back to the menu I've got an error message saying "Event script referenced an item that does not exist".
I've tried maxing everything in the database (9999 item, 9999 skills etc) but it still doesn't work and show the message. :(

Nevermind the edit I've found the problem by repatching everything into a brand new rpg_rt file. The "DirectMenuPatch" was causing the problem when used with RPS. But I don't know why. :/
Razzy - Open RPG_RT.exe (from your game, with dyn RPG patch) in hex editor, find hex "ff750b8b06" and change this on "ff90908b06" - game should start in window 640x480 mode. This work for me in every RPG_RT.exe version, I not tested this with dyn RPG, but I think that you can try this. This method I have from destiny patch by bananen joe for RM2k.
Ok this is kinda tricky and I don't expect there to be an easy solution but I'll ask anyway:
is there a way (of course with a patch or a plugin) to hide certain party members' hp/mp/atb information in gauge mode via variable?
for example, if variable 0001 = 1 only info for the first hero will be shown, regardless of how many people are actually in the party?
if = 2 the game will show hero 1 and 2, and so on...

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to "trick" the game into believing I only have 1 (or 2 or 3) party members (depending on the case) regardless of how many I actually have.
New plugin alert! DynDataAccess provides the ability to pull internal data that isn't normally available into variables, and in some cases push it from the variables into internal data.

I say it provides that ability, but to be precise, currently it only provides it for enemy data (since it was a request for such that got me started on this). DynDataAccess is an open project, intended to expand as needed. I'm depending on other interested developers to do that expanding. :) If there's a set of new comment commands you'd like to see in the plugin, check out the How to Contribute section in the project's readme.html file. I've provided instructions that should be simple enough (I hope) that even those not familiar with C++ might be able to add to the plugin. Happy coding. :)
Hm...so by pulling the internal data from enemies currently, what exactly is it capable of doing otherwise? Would it be able to influence it for battles for enemies? Would it be possible by seeing what statuses enemies has and do coding based on that (which was a thing that was unable to be done previously)? What all may be possible? o.o??
The pat answer is, anything for which DynRPG has a class/function/variable (which is just about anything you could think of in RM2K3), you could theoretically access by adding more comment commands to DynDataAccess. Could get a little tricky when you try to put data like text or decimal numbers into RM2K3's variables, though. Here's a snippet of code to give you an idea how it works:

if( 0 == cmd.compare( "dyndataaccess_get_enemy_current_hp" ) )

{ // Get the current HP for an enemy
// Parameter 0: The index of the RM2K3 variable to store data in
variableIndex = (int) parsedData->parameters[0].number;
// Parameter 1: The party index of the enemy to get data from
partyIndex = (int) parsedData->parameters[1].number - 1;
// Store the data in the appropriate RM2K3 variable
RPG::variables[variableIndex] = RPG::monsters[partyIndex]->hp;
return false;
}
if( 0 == cmd.compare( "dyndataaccess_set_enemy_current_hp" ) )
{ // Set the current HP for an enemy
// Parameter 0: The value to set data to
dataValue = (int) parsedData->parameters[0].number;
// Parameter 1: The party index of the monster to be affected
partyIndex = (int) parsedData->parameters[1].number - 1;
// Alter the data to the desired value
RPG::monsters[partyIndex]->hp = dataValue;
return false;
}

If you can look at that code and get a vague understanding of how it works, you could probably make more comment commands just by using that as a template and changing the important bits. And that's the general idea of DynDataAccess, a template that can be reproduced for the very simple coding task of getting or setting data.
I can't get CodeBlocks to work. Can anyone help? I tried the tutorial are_you_sure thing, and when I got to the compile step it either crashes and gives a bunch of errors (I think it's not connecting with the library) or it seems to spit out the "no errors" thing like it does when it builds correctly, but there's no are_you_sure.dll made anywhere I can find.

author=Xenomic
Would it be possible by seeing what statuses enemies has and do coding based on that (which was a thing that was unable to be done previously)? What all may be possible?

Same issue. It seems like it's impossible to check "Is that Slime hit with poison?" and code around it.

The other things we can't seem to do are a straight up math code. Yes, I know you can do stuff like add/subtract/multiply/divide/modulus. Only it really isn't. You have a parallel process that repeats a few times, and it can potentially What it's actually doing is, rather than value adding 2 to the value, it's actually += meaning the total changes each time. So it's 2, then 4, then 6, even if you don't want it to keep adding, when you really just want total = (var or val 1)+ (var or val 2). What I want is to make something that calculates var 1 (2) + var 2 (2) as 4 and doesn't keep adding. I was gonna try this, but right now I can't get CodeBlocks to work.
The third thing is some sort of deal (probably an ips) that adds (level x variance(sq)) to damage. That is, it's cool and all to have the Int or Atk alter the damage (way too hard to figure out, btw) but it's way more convenient to have Atk/Int slightly affect the damage, but the level impacts stuff more.

My OpenGL plugin is finally finished! Get all the info about it here:
https://github.com/rewrking/system_opengl

Direct download:
https://github.com/rewrking/system_opengl/archive/master.zip

Its utilities page is still pending, but it will be available here:
https://rpgmaker.net/engines/rt2k3/utilities/195/

Why did it take so long?
It's built using SFML. For a while it was on SFML 2.3.2 which had some strange bugs on some machines (mainly my laptop with integrated video), but has since been updated to SFML 2.4.2 which fixes those bugs/concerns I had. Also in order to upgrade, I needed to custom build the library to the compiler that DynRPG requires since both DynRPG and the SFML stuff have to compile together.

Okay, but why did it take so long?
It's got a lot of stuff! Video Options menu, translations for said menu, shaders, handling of RM2k3's awful "Play Movie" command, compatibility with other patches & plugins.

I just read that readme! Wow! Stuff!
Yes! Enjoy!

I also have a fresh update to the DynRPG source. It's just a couple things added to Screen.h mainly.

Also this is my last DynRPG thing. This plugin broke me (although I may still update it if there's need).
You need work on your explanations. I couldn't get it to work with the menu (F5 didn't seem to take). It's also the first major one I could figure out.

However! Considering my current laptop basically forces windows mode or I get a crash due to having crappy (or nonexistent) DirectDraw, and having fast video with OpenGL (super-important as I have stuff like huge maps with alot of events) is way important. Plus even in window, my movies are pretty big. I don't hate movies.

author=PepsiOtaku
Also this is my last DynRPG thing. This plugin broke me (although I may still update it if there's need).

You can always work on mini-projects. Stuff that's like 50 to 100 lines of code dll plugin versus multi-dll/h superproject. I could use a "@Check_enemy_status enemy#, status#, switch#" where if that enemy has a certain status, you turn on a switch (otherwise turn off) allowing you to actually code around enemy status.

Sometimes it's good to do stuff after a long break.
In my laptop works like a charm...
author=PepsiOtaku

Or you could do a small plugin for me.

Why would you do that, you might be asking.
Good question... I guess I can write you a song in return, or draw you a unicorn, stuff like that :D

Or you could help him finish Everlasting Journey.

Come to think of it, Pepsi could just do coding exchanges and people would finish the game according to his script, np. This business of hiding downloads until the game is "perfect" is for the birds.
author=bulmabriefs144
Or you could help him finish Everlasting Journey.

Sure, I actually help a lot of folks, with plot, dialogues, etc.. on my forum.
Damn, the one thing I need right now isn't documented in DynRPG...
Hey, so DynRPG has some quickpatches listed, like this one.

HideEXP=49E148,EB71,49F1CA,EB67,49F095,EB21

But ummm, where are the addresses and such for... how do I hide the level also? I need the basic stats but not level or exp.

Also, I redownloaded the CodeBlocks in an attempt to get the thing to work. I asked PepsiOtaku, but maybe someone here knows?

So, I'm on a new computer, and I'm trying to make new code, only it seems like the DynRPG is not really linking right. I'm not sure what to do...

I'm trying to do a test run, using the are_you_sure dll program.

On my first attempt, it gave me some sort of error about an undefined reference to RPG::DStringPtr followed by a lot of gibberish.

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/3388/locker/attempt1.bmp

So then I tried adding the DString.h and then it told me that I had been attempting to redefine the DString. Ummm, no I haven't.

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/3388/locker/attempt2.bmp

I cut the code down, and it still doesn't work. Same DPtr thing as attempt1.

I'd think I am putting my DynRpg files in the wrong place, except it does try to autofill when I type stuff in. I copied in the DynRPG stuff and then replaced it with the newer stuff.

I confirmed that regular C++ exe windows work fine, there's some annoying issue with getting the DynRpg to run without flagging this stupid DString.
Not sure if this has already been brought up here, or if this already exists, but is there a way to ONLY display items that can be used in battle in the items command in battle? I'm sick of seeing key items in my game in my list when in battle.
Well, the library has

RPG::ItemType

Which is an enumerator with:
ITEM_COMMON
ITEM_WEAPON
ITEM_SHIELD
ITEM_ARMOR
ITEM_HELMET
ITEM_OTHER
ITEM_MEDICINE
ITEM_BOOK
ITEM_SEED
ITEM_SCROLL
ITEM_SWITCH

So technically, you could go through the items, check their type, remove the COMMON and SWITCH (maybe) items (while adding them to another internal array with their quantities) when entering a battle and re-adding them after the battle ends (which is why you store them on a different array, to re-add them after battle is done).

But it looks like quite the hassle.