+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

I finally understood that it was because it was the first animation that was going to be played since the beginning of the fight, and that as a result, my hero's animations had not yet been initialized.

RPG::Actor::partyMember(i)->animData->currentAnim->anim = RPG::battleAnimations[1];
Is well supposed to be an RPG::Animation ^^

EDIT :

Your code work well :D
But you made a little mistake, in copy/paste :
: "=a" (RPG::_eax), "=d" (RPG::_edx), "=c" (RPG::_ecx) : "S" (0x4B4D1C), "a" (RPG::actors), "d" (animationId), "c" (unknownArgument), "m" (monsterIndex) : "cc", "memory"
monsterIndex should be actorID in the second function ^^
...ah I see.

Thank you!
Hi !
In battle type C, is there a way to make a custom Flee option ?
Normaly, with this battle interface, the third option "Escape" is avaible only in preemptiv attack, and only at the begining.
Can we turn this option always on, or only if a hero as his ATB full ?
New plugin alert!

The DynDatabaseOverride plugin allows developers to override the default database values of an RPG Maker 2003 game with data stored in .txt (which spreadsheet programs regard as "Tab-Separated Values") files. The plugin can override multiple parts of the database independently, at the start of a game run or in the middle of it, and will track any changes made and reapply them when a saved game is loaded.

Why would you want to be able to override the existing database? The first and most obvious use is to change the way the game works in mid-play. For example, suppose you wanted to give your game varying difficulty levels. By overriding the stat values of enemies, you could adjust the difficulty of combat at run-time, even allowing the player to switch back and forth between different stat setups. Enemy stats aren't the only things you can adjust -- you can also change values related to actors (AKA heroes), skills, items, and more.

Another possible use of this plugin is to simply be able to edit your game's data using a spreadsheet program (i.e. Microsoft Excel or Open Office Calc) rather than the RPG Maker 2003 database editor. Spreadsheets are powerful game design tools, allowing you to make sweeping changes to large groups of data and create formulas to drive values based on other values. The example spreadsheet DynDatabaseOverrideExamples.xls included in this project includes a sample formula which calculates an MP cost amount for a skill based on its stats. DynDatabaseOverride can also export the existing database values of a game at any time into .txt files, which can give you a good starting point to create your alternative data sets.
I fucking love you Aubrey...
That's very cool!
High praise from the creator of DynRPG himself. n.n Thank you.
Does anyone know of any fix or plugin for "Enter hero name"?
Edit:
Solved as soon as I posted xD
https://rpgmaker.net/engines/rt2k3/utilities/62/
Would any of you awesome fellas know where to find (or how to write) a simple HQ2x or Scale4x .frag file that would work with PepsiOtaku's OPENGL RENDERER & VIDEO OPTIONS MENU plugin?
I know when he was first working on the plugin he had "Scale4x" working, but it's not included in the download, only "Scale2x".

I've wracked my brain searching the internet, for a compatible shader for the plugin, and I've even attempted to work off the "scale2x.frag", but this type of coding is beyond me. (I'm dumb)

Any help or point in the right direction would be more than appreciated, if you guys could find the time!
I tried googling "scale4x.frag" and "hq2x.frag" and in both cases I got several results (mostly on GitHub). Did you try them? Is there a specific problem them why it didn't work?
author=Cherry
I tried googling "scale4x.frag" and "hq2x.frag" and in both cases I got several results (mostly on GitHub). Did you try them? Is there a specific problem them why it didn't work?

Cherry! Thanks so much for the response! Yeah, I found plenty, but none of them seem to work with the plugin. They register within the in-game OpenGL menu, but they don't actually apply any kind of shader. I've tried tons of the frag files found on GitHub and none of them seem to actually work.
Assuming is has something to do with how he has the plugin set up.
I know the shaders work with 2k3, because you were able to implement it in anotherfullscreenmode, just not quite sure how to format it for Pepsi's plugin.

Here's and example of one I recently tried using (Scale4x):

uniform sampler2DRect OGL2Texture;

void main()
{
vec3 c = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[0].xy).xyz;
vec3 i1 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[1].xy).xyz;
vec3 i2 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[2].xy).xyz;
vec3 i3 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[3].xy).xyz;
vec3 i4 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[4].xy).xyz;
vec3 o1 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[5].xy).xyz;
vec3 o3 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[6].xy).xyz;
vec3 o2 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[5].zw).xyz;
vec3 o4 = texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[6].zw).xyz;
vec3 dt = vec3(1.0,1.0,1.0);

float ko1=dot(abs(o1-c),dt);
float ko2=dot(abs(o2-c),dt);
float ko3=dot(abs(o3-c),dt);
float ko4=dot(abs(o4-c),dt);

float k1=min(dot(abs(i1-i3),dt),dot(abs(o1-o3),dt));
float k2=min(dot(abs(i2-i4),dt),dot(abs(o2-o4),dt));

float w1 = k2; if(ko3<ko1) w1 = 0.0;
float w2 = k1; if(ko4<ko2) w2 = 0.0;
float w3 = k2; if(ko1<ko3) w3 = 0.0;
float w4 = k1; if(ko2<ko4) w4 = 0.0;

gl_FragColor.xyz = (w1*o1+w2*o2+w3*o3+w4*o4+0.0001*c)/(w1+w2+w3+w4+0.0001);
gl_FragColor.a = 1.0;
}

And here's an example of what IS working in Pepsi's plugin (Scale2x.frag):

uniform sampler2D texture;
uniform vec2 texture_dimensions;

void main() {
// o = offset, the width of a pixel
vec2 o = 1.0 / texture_dimensions;
vec2 coord = gl_TexCoord[0].xy;
// texel arrangement
// A B C
// D E F
// G H I
vec4 A = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( -o.x, o.y));
vec4 B = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( 0, o.y));
vec4 C = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( o.x, o.y));
vec4 D = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( -o.x, 0));
vec4 E = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( 0, 0));
vec4 F = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( o.x, 0));
vec4 G = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( -o.x, -o.y));
vec4 H = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( 0, -o.y));
vec4 I = texture2D(texture, coord + vec2( o.x, -o.y));
vec2 p = coord * texture_dimensions;
// p = the position within a pixel [0...1]
p = p - floor(p);
if (p.x > .5) {
if (p.y > .5) {
// Top Right
gl_FragColor = B == F && B != D && F != H ? F : E;
} else {
// Bottom Right
gl_FragColor = H == F && D != H && B != F ? F : E;
}
} else {
if (p.y > .5) {
// Top Left
gl_FragColor = D == B && B != F && D != H ? D : E;
} else {
// Bottom Left
gl_FragColor = D == H && D != B && H != F ? D : E;
}
}
}

This is how I have it set in my DynRPG.ini file:

GameIniFilename=Settings.ini
NumShaders=2
DisableVideoMenu=false

Shader1=Scale2x
Shader1frag=true
Shader1useTexDims=true

Shader2=Scale4x
Shader2frag=true
Shader2useTexDims=true
I never added HQ2x or Scale4x because IMO they just look bad, and you might have issues with them when the window is fullscreen, and stretched.

But basically: every shader implementation is a little bit different, so even though you might be looking at GLSL, you'll have to examine each line and make sure the uniforms (inputs) are correct.

Change

texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[0].xy).xyz;
to

texture2D(texture, gl_TexCoord[0].xy).xyz; // (and related lines)

The OpenGL plugin uses SFML, and in their shader implemention, "texture" is built-in, in that when the screen is drawn and both a shader and a texture are attached to that draw call, "texture" refers to the attached texture. There's a blurb about it on this page towards the bottom under "Fragment shader".

From there, I usually had to tell the shader the texture dimensions, which is what this uniform was for:

(in ini)
Shader1useTexDims=true

"texture_dimensions" is whatever the window size is - could be 320x240, 640x480, 960x720, or 1920x1080 in the case of fullscreen/stretched. This could lead to the shader drawing in unexpected ways.

If I were to do it again, I'd draw the RPG Maker pixels to a 640x480 off-screen buffer with the shader, and then draw that to the screen and stretch it out to the size I'd need to to avoid shader issues. You can kind of see what I mean when you use scale2x in a 640x480 window, and then again in say 1920x1080 with stretching--It doesn't look right. But that's an issue you'll run into with scale4x and HQ2x as well, so be sure what you're looking at.

Also, keep in mind, there's been updates to GLSL, so if you're hunting for shaders, you might find something like this:
layout(location = 2) uniform mat4 some_mats[10];

uniform layouts were added in OpenGL 4, and you won't be able to use that syntax because it would require a lot of custom code in the plugin that does not currently exist.

Hope that info helps. Either way, you'll need to get your feet wet somewhere. :)
author=PepsiOtaku
I never added HQ2x or Scale4x because IMO they just look bad, and you might have issues with them when the window is fullscreen, and stretched.

But basically: every shader implementation is a little bit different, so even though you might be looking at GLSL, you'll have to examine each line and make sure the uniforms (inputs) are correct.

Change
texture2DRect(OGL2Texture, gl_TexCoord[0].xy).xyz;
to
texture2D(texture, gl_TexCoord[0].xy).xyz; // (and related lines)

The OpenGL plugin uses SFML, and in their shader implemention, "texture" is built-in, in that when the screen is drawn and both a shader and a texture are attached to that draw call, "texture" refers to the attached texture. There's a blurb about it on this page towards the bottom under "Fragment shader".

From there, I usually had to tell the shader the texture dimensions, which is what this uniform was for:
(in ini)
Shader1useTexDims=true

"texture_dimensions" is whatever the window size is - could be 320x240, 640x480, 960x720, or 1920x1080 in the case of fullscreen/stretched. This could lead to the shader drawing in unexpected ways.

Yo! Didn't mean to trouble you making you write all this out, homie, but it's VERY much appreciated!
So, I should've elaborated on this a bit more, because I did in fact try multiple .frag files and altered each of them using notepad to replace the uniforms with the ones in the shaders that specifically worked for your plugin. None of my attempts ever panned out though.
I actually tried out multiple things such as altering the scale2x algorithm going off what's on this site -- http://www.scale2x.it/algorithm -- and much more, haha. If there were ever floating parameters in the file, I made sure to include them in the dynrpg.ini as well. Never had any luck.
I didn't want to come off as lazy either so before posting here, I looked up some GLSL tutorials, but I couldn't really find anything related to what I was looking for, (probably just too dumb to know what I'm looking for) xD

If I were to do it again, I'd draw the RPG Maker pixels to a 640x480 off-screen buffer with the shader, and then draw that to the screen and stretch it out to the size I'd need to to avoid shader issues. You can kind of see what I mean when you use scale2x in a 640x480 window, and then again in say 1920x1080 with stretching--It doesn't look right. But that's an issue you'll run into with scale4x and HQ2x as well, so be sure what you're looking at.

Also, keep in mind, there's been updates to GLSL, so if you're hunting for shaders, you might find something like this:
layout(location = 2) uniform mat4 some_mats[10];
uniform layouts were added in OpenGL 4, and you won't be able to use that syntax because it would require a lot of custom code in the plugin that does not currently exist.

Hope that info helps. Either way, you'll need to get your feet wet somewhere. :)

I'm glad you wrote this plugin at all, tbh! It's a great addition to the engine as is! I was just looking to maybe expand upon it with different shaders. I know not all people like shaders in the first place, but I figured I'd ask here for some knowledge anyhow!
I'll keep tinkering around and take a look at the site you recommended and hopefully something will come of it!
It's probably going to boil down to specifically what type of GLSL language the plugin will take.
Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to look this over and respond!

P.S. Everlasting Journey is so fun so far! I'll leave a comment on the page when I've finished what you've got!
Hope you keep it up, and it's great to see you dipping your toes back into the community!
Download page is finally updated with v0.20.

Plus, DynRPG is now open source! https://github.com/CherryDT/DynRPG
I would have a small request, I would need a plugin to change the glyphs on the fly, so I can use a second set (but also a third set would not be bad) as needed, and then go back to the first set.
Something like:
@LoadExFont "FileName"

To be clear I don't want to use multiple sets at the same time, but temporarily replace the one in use with another.
Of course, always if it is feasible
Plugin update alert! DynDatabaseOverride now supports importing values for switches and variables, even though those technically aren't part of the database. ;) So if you have some sort of data-driven custom system that relies on a bunch of variables and switches being set up a particular way, you no longer have to painstakingly write event code to set their values. Just put the desired values in a spreadsheet file, then load them into the game as needed with a single comment command.
Plugin update alert! DynParams now supports overwriting the entirety of a Message command, where before you could only overwrite the first line. This involves a couple of new comment commands made specifically for the purpose, although the old way still works for the first line, so the update shouldn't break anything in existing projects.
Plugin update alert! Fixed a small but potentially critical bug in DynWardrobe which caused it to crash in certain circumstances when multiple different Animation2s used the same BattleCharSet image file.
Plugin update alert! Turns out the Show Choices command didn't work as expected when overwritten with DynParams either. X) So I added new comment commands especially for overwriting choice cases.
I'm trying to do the basic "Hello World" are_you_sure program on the "getting started" section of the page, but I keep hitting a wall. It keeps giving me errors saying the following:

C:\Users\Lizard\AppData\Local\Temp\ccV5pclg.s|16|Error: operand type mismatch for `push'|
C:\Users\Lizard\AppData\Local\Temp\ccV5pclg.s|39|Error: operand type mismatch for `call'|
C:\Users\Lizard\AppData\Local\Temp\ccV5pclg.s|302|Error: operand type mismatch for `pop'|

I've installed the CodeBlocks version and MingGW compiler and followed all the steps. Even tried to compile in Administrator mode and got the same results. What am I doing wrong?