+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Plugin update alert! Cherry pointed out to me that it is possible to reposition actors during a battle -- not sure exactly how I ended up concluding otherwise, but after some fiddling with code I got it working. So I've updated DynBattlerChange with the capability to do that, where before it only allowed changing actor positions before a battle started. I also added in the ability to use party member position variables as an alternate way to reposition actors (going by their party spot instead of database ID), added commands for getting the current positions of actors and enemies, and changed the behavior of enemy repositioning when the associated variable values are negative from 'ignore this' to 'set the enemy's position back to the database default'.
New plugin alert! The DynAnimationMirror plugin allows developers to mirror battle animations in an RPG Maker 2003 game. Normally RPG Maker 2003 controls when battle animations are mirrored through its internal logic, such as when an enemy uses a skill or an actor's skill is reflected, and any animations triggered by a Show Battle Animation script command do not have the option of being mirrored. DynAnimationMirror gets around this limitation, giving developers the ability to specify mirroring for a scripted animation. This is extremely useful for highly customized battle systems that rely on scripted animations.
Plugin update alert! I ran across a weird bug in my game project, tracked it down to a usage of DynParams, and eventually realized it must be caused by unused parameter overwrites from earlier in my script affecting this later usage in an unexpected way. So I decided to add a new comment command to DynParams purely for debugging purposes: @dynparams_list_params. It pops up a dialog window showing you what parameter overwrites are waiting to be used.
Hey, i just bought rpg maker 2003 on the degica shop and i wanted to use dynrpg for a fangame. But when i patched my game with it, it gives me a message saying the RTP is not installed even though it is. idk if its because its in the wrong place and the game cant find it or if somthing is broken. Any help would be appreciated.
author=SmoothBoi06
Hey, i just bought rpg maker 2003 on the degica shop and i wanted to use dynrpg for a fangame. But when i patched my game with it, it gives me a message saying the RTP is not installed even though it is. idk if its because its in the wrong place and the game cant find it or if somthing is broken. Any help would be appreciated.

Dynrpg only works on rm2k3 v1.08(unofficial version), the new ones(steam and degica shop) are v1.12.
author=kaine87
author=SmoothBoi06
Dynrpg only works on rm2k3 v1.08(unofficial version), the new ones(steam and degica shop) are v1.12.
[well how can i find this version? The site never said anything about getting that version of rm2k3
I built a thing where you can now write DynRPG plugins that react on / modify / augment text and EXFONT that gets drawn. https://gist.github.com/CherryDT/760c6431bd47d63fb969c05000955f5c
Hey folks,

does anyone here have experience in:
  • Switching from the V0.20 Cherry release to the 0.30 PepsiOtaku Version which is his headers compiled with Cherrys 0.20 lib?
  • Switching to the 0.32 PepsiOtaku Version which is his headers compiled his branch of the DynRPG library.

Are they compatible or is there behaviour that changes?

I lost track of a lot of things that happened in the last 6 years.

I switched to 0.32 Unofficial a long time ago. As far as I can tell the only difference is that it adds a bunch of new functionality. Code written for 0.20 should in theory compile and run just fine in 0.32.
Edit: Let me formulate that better.

Do you use the 0.32 dll version instead of the lib version and does that have any benefits or side effects other than less duplicate data?
No clue, either in terms of what you mean be dll versus lib, or in what the differences would be even if I knew.
Plugin update alert! In the DynBattlerChange plugin, I found a bug in the @dynbattlerchange_reposition_party_member comment command which would cause the game to crash when a non-existent party member number was used, so...fixed it.
The link dose not work because my mouse cannot click hard
Plugin update alert! In the DynDatabaseOverride plugin, I've added the ability to override the data for animations (and the associated effects and frame cels). Why would you want to be able to override animation data? Well, it came to me when I was working on an animation that involved some fireballs spinning in a ring and rising. That wasn't something easy to make look right by eyeballing it, so I whipped up a spreadsheet to calculate where the fireballs should be each frame. Then I got to actually placing them, frame by frame, and...it was of course tedious. e.e So I decided to gamble the time it would take me to add the animations stuff to DynDatabaseOverride against the time I'd save on this and any potential future animations. Dunno if it will be a winning gamble for me personally in the long run, but hopefully it'll help some of you too. X) Here are a couple of sample animations from the DynDatabaseOverride example project:

Plugin update alert! I discovered and fixed a bug in my previous update to DynDatabaseOverride: when animations frames cels data was exported, the green and blue values were being mixed up. This will affect any animations where the green and blue cast values for any cels are different from each other, even if you're not trying to use DynDatabaseOverride to manipulate your animations (it automatically exports the database on startup, then applies that data as the default when starting a new game or loading). So, if you're using the 1.2 version, make sure to upgrade to 1.2.1 or some of your animations may look different than you intended.