[OVER][CONTEST] DYNRPG PLUGIN PROGRAMMING CONTEST - WIN AMAZON GIFT CARDS! - NEW: PATHFINDING PLUGIN SUBMITTED!

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Ooooooh MultiAction Statuses....so you could actually pull off something like Quick from Final Fantasy VI with that I'm assuming? That sounds interesting...
Multi-Action Status refills the bar after an action as long as the altered status is on the character. To be like the Quick status I need just to pause the battle, so it's a nice touch I'll consider to do.
How would the No-MP Death status work? The instant the character hits 0, it would apply? Or would it mean that once the character hits 0 MP and dies, you have to restore MP in order to revive?
When MP hits zero, character dies. By now, it applies to all monsters/characters. I'll do too the option to set it to some monsters only, as it were on FF6.
Defense stats...what exactly is this? Same with Slow/Fast statuses? Is it different than Double/Halve Defense/Speed?
Defense stats (Status, I forgot an "u")... the name is not very explicative,as they're something I needed and didn't made up a good name ahah. Those are states that dissapear when the afflicted makes an action (ex. attacking).
As for the fast/slow, they're supposed to be an alternative to the half-speed status. Instead of affecting speed directly, it affects ATB-Value gain. There are some things to be tweaked regarding to ATB gains anyway...
I'm also curious about the Normal/Attack skills command there. What exactly is it?
The "Normal Attack" skill is just a skill that behaves exactly as a normal attack. It just replaces the "action" to the normal attack. It's supposed to be used on games that... well... want to get rid of the Attack option without losing its "benefits". I needed it.
Also, reading the text document provided was confusing. Perhaps it'd be easier to have the info on what's included better? For instance, I didn't know there was a Double Attack skill set up in there.
Well, I'm the poorest man on the universe when it gets to explaining >8'D. I'll try my better than best the next time.

Thanks for your feedback,
Orochii Zouveleki

Edit: I don't know WHY i didn't saw that Sexy Particle System. Sexy. It's an incredible job! I want to be like you when bigger, Kazesui.
Can you do accurate collision detection despite the fuzzy nature of the effects generated by the particle system?
Hello,

thanks for the contributions!

Sorry, real life is now trapping me. I had no time since February, since I am starting a business AND I have to work in the hospital (Zivildienst, that's mandatory work, 9 months, as alternative to the military service)...

Nobody won yet, because I had no time at all :-)
The contest is thus expanded indefinitely until I have time to finish it (we have not enough plugins anyway, could be better ;-) )

Best regards,
Cherry
author=King of Games
Can you do accurate collision detection despite the fuzzy nature of the effects generated by the particle system?

Not as it is now, and for efficiency reason I'm probably not going to for the general plugin either.
If there's anything in particular you'd need hit collision for the particles, you could tell me about it, and I can take a look into whether I can make the adjustments needed for it, if the idea is feasible that is.
Well for me it's a toss up between particles and pure pixels, I can appreciate both. My application would be slightly different/more interactive in that I would have freeze traps that either freeze or damage you when you collide with it.

With the particle effect generator creating something like this (a steamy ice beam):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NY-PQmFrf2I#t=265s

If it's not feasible I can do it the old fashioned way with pixels/charsets. But other ppl might find it useful for steam/fire traps as well.
For something like that, I would recommend dealing with the collision and graphic seperately. by tweaking the particles parameters, you should be able to make shapes which allows for hit detection by eventing.

Let's say you have a particle beam. Just having a parallel event running in the background checking if the player are within the coordinates of the beam would be sufficient, by screen relative coordinates if high accuracy is needed.

For circle based explosions, the best way to go about it would be to check the radius between the center of the explosion and the hero, to determine if it's within the "explosion circle". Again done with events, rather than having every single particle try to detect collisions.
This contest is now (finally) closed! Vote here: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24987/
Pages: first prev 1234 last