IS BEING AN INTROVERT A GOOD OR A BAD THING?

Pages: first prev 12 last
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Stew
College was the worst, lol. I went to a small residential college and everyone just thought you were so weird if you were more comfortable being by yourself than being a part of the "community."

Only the 50% of people who were extroverts thought you were weird. The other 50% of people thought the extroverts were weird, but never said so because they were introverted.
I am introverted; I tried to go through a period of "becoming an extrovert" like a lot of people said I should do, but it just didn't work. So I ended up striking a nice balance between my moments of deep thought and holding a conversation, which I suppose is how normal humans are supposed to operate.

Some extroverts actually tend to tick me off sometimes. These are usually the BLAH BLAH BLAH I CAN'T SHUT UP FOR TEN SECONDS kind of extroverts, though. Most extroverts I get along with great.

One thing that my mom does, sometimes, is check up on me whenever I'm alone in my room with no music playing, or gaming, or talking to my friends, or something else that generates noise. She thinks that I am "down" or "sad"; in reality, I'm just in deep concentration in my stuff and I don't want any sounds distracting me. I appreciate her concern, but it still drives me up the wall whenever she does this. >_<
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Did you try explaining that to her?
Well yes, but she is a person of habit, and I think she accidentally made this into a bad habit. And she probably honestly thinks that I'm down on those occasions (maybe because of how she was raised, I guess) and wants to talk to me about it.

I always let it go because well, she is my mom, and we love each other. That still doesn't stop it from being kindof annoying though!
author=Stew
College was the worst, lol. I went to a small residential college and everyone just thought you were so weird if you were more comfortable being by yourself than being a part of the "community."

Well, in the school day see me like a weirdo thatn doesn't care aboout anything (I practically don't do anything not even socialiaze too much, actually, I read books alone in some recess just because I want to.) but they don't bother me so I don't have a problem :P
I'd have to be 80%introvert 20%extrovert. Not too sure, though.
author=ElectricalKat
Well yes, but she is a person of habit, and I think she accidentally made this into a bad habit. And she probably honestly thinks that I'm down on those occasions (maybe because of how she was raised, I guess) and wants to talk to me about it.

I always let it go because well, she is my mom, and we love each other. That still doesn't stop it from being kindof annoying though!

Just make sure you won't do the same when you'll have kids.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Avee
author=ElectricalKat

Just make sure you won't do the same when you'll have kids.

If the universe has a sense of irony you will have extroverted kids, and you will not check up on them like this because you figure they're just busy doing something, but they're actually suicidal or something. And then they will hate you for ignoring them, and vow that when they grow up and have kids, they will make sure to always check on their kids any time they don't seem energetic.
I know I'm introverted when I try to post here and instead, just click the back button and not post it... thinking that was a superior decision since I don't want to say something stupid or want to at least say something meaningful.

Phew.. I posted this.
Why should anyone care about introverts and extroverts... you are who you are personality wise. Using those 2 words is like saying all Cancers are this, all boys are that, all blacks are this.
I apparently, am a complete Introvert...almost. I just found that interesting to read it, and, I find that introverts ARE better than extroverts. Most kids strive to be normal, to fit in with the rest of the crowd. If there were no introverts, we all might as well be the same person...say...Bob, and yes, I just pulled that name out of my "ASS BUCKET OF EXAMPLES!" That Bob dude may be a complete jack ass, and before you know it, everyone in the entire world who sees this kid, or hears of him, becomes Bob. To be an introvert, is to stand out in more ways than one.
I'm an introvert, and I'm proud of it :3
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Another quality post from RMN's most valuable member.
author=Deacon Batista
Introverted people, stop being introverted, because nobody likes you.
You HAVE to be extroverted and everybody will kiss your a**. You always wonder why nobody liked you so far? That's why...

Hey bob, how you like being a jackass? :3
author=Yellow Magic
There's nothing wrong with being an introvert. Shyness, on the other hand, is probably not the best quality to have (I say "quality" because I have no idea if shyness is considered a personality trait or not and I can't think of any other word to use - curse my awful vocabulary).

Shyness (something I've battled with my entire life) is a completely different monster from introversion.
I'm an introvert. Known it for as long as I've known the word existed, yet everyone thought it was weird therefore I was weird. Now reading this owl blog post and just gonna give it to all those people who said I was weird as homework. It describes me without having to say a word to anyone.

Although on a more serious note. I felt I've grown up and do talk a bit more in social settings and it does help all around. A 100% introvert is not really healthy IMO and they should try to reach the magical 80/20 number. (80% introvert/20% extrovert).
The truth is that I would definitely rather be in a closed room with an "weird" "introvert" than an annoying "extrovert". Believe me no one likes extroverts when they go hyper, you know the old saying silence is gold and sometimes to shut up your mouth is best. But being overtly introverted is not a good thing either, trying to communicate with those is like a walk trough thorn bush valley.
Pages: first prev 12 last