BOSS BATTLE DESIGN CONTEST - SACRIFICIAL LAMB

Milos
Lone Wolf, or something cool.
I don't have time to do this, but here's some inspiration for someone who wants to do this :

1. The boss kills(eats, mauls, feasts etc.) on his servants, gets stronger, helluva lot to kill.
2. The main character loses his friend, gets furious, kills boss.
3. The main character dies heroically, sacrificing himself for his friends to find a way to kill him.
4. A bit of a change from 1. : The boss can morph into even tougher enemies by consuming his servants.
5. The boss has the main character's boyfriend/girlfriend , eats him/her and gets stronger, the character furious, then the character kills the boss.
There are many more ideas, these are just some of them...
Good luck to the contestants!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
How about abilities that harm the user, but heal the target? I think that would work for this kind of contest.
author=Marrend
How about abilities that harm the user, but heal the target? I think that would work for this kind of contest.
Yes...but why would you want to do that? And how?
Oh this sounds interesting... I already got a good idea in my head too.

Hmmm... I think I can try and think of something...
Marrend
author=pyrodoom
author=Marrend
Yes...but why would you want to do that? And how?

There is but one way to find out, is there not?
Marrend
Two hours later, and I find that my idea doesn't work without scripts, or other modification to how the combat engine works. Since I'm no scripter, I might as well spill the beans!

I was thinking of using the "absorption" modifier on a healing ability. Normally, an absorption ability damages the target, then heals the user. I figured that a healing ability with an "absorption" modifier would reverse the process: heal the target but damage to the user. What I saw happening was that the target was getting healed, but the skill user was not taking any damage from the use of the skill.
author=Milos
I don't have time to do this, but here's some inspiration for someone who wants to do this :

1. The boss kills(eats, mauls, feasts etc.) on his servants, gets stronger, helluva lot to kill.

Gulcasa From Yggdra Union is one of these. That bastard was terrifying ;_;

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Marrend
I was thinking of using the "absorption" modifier on a healing ability. Normally, an absorption ability damages the target, then heals the user. I figured that a healing ability with an "absorption" modifier would reverse the process: heal the target but damage to the user. What I saw happening was that the target was getting healed, but the skill user was not taking any damage from the use of the skill.

I think you can get make this work by making it a damaging drain skill that targets an ally, giving it a unique element, and then making every character absorb that element so the effect is reversed.
Ho-hum! I think I'm gonna partake in this event this time around. Started work on it yesterday, actually. =P
Who's started on their battle by now? I haven't...
I'm on to the testing/balancing phase of this thing. And it's the worst part. Haha

EDIT:
Okay, my boss has officially been completed! Woo-hoo.
My boss I made for this contest I've also decided to use in my game too, so for convenience's sake I just packaged him with the game. If that disqualifies me so be it, but I want at least a chance :3

Download this first:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3810/downloads/3235/

Then, download this file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cmn8nt5beat174r

Put both files in the root directory and then load the save to fight. I overgeared the characters to compensate people new to the battlesystem, so if you want a harder save file I can make one for you.

It's sacrificial in that if you don't kill both of the adds, he'll eat them and absorb all their HP to heal.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
We are two weeks into the contest, you have two more weeks remaining. Hop to it!
LockeZ
SIX DAYS LEFT GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
I haven't started yet, I think I should begin though.
LockeZ
Uh. So there are only two days left and we only have one entry so far. I know people like to wait until the last minute but sheesh. Who else is planning on submitting a boss for this contest?
I forgot that I never actually SUBMITTED my entry yet. So I'll have it in by tomorrow! Just doin' some last minute testing.
Never made my battle :( couldn't think of anything+too much on my mind, and also, packed schedule on other sites. I'm not so sure if I will finish or not(I pretty sure I WON'T finish though...)
Okay, so here is my submission.

May take a little getting used to, but there's nothing too complex at all going on in there. You'll quickly catch on.

Also, you can use the Defend command to recover 20 MP and 100 HP.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21450196/Boss+Competition+II.lzh