RMN BATTLEDOME! VOTING!

I dunno how I feel about "campaigning" for you own bot. I personally don't read anyone else's comments before deciding so it's not like it has any effect on my vote anyways. The fun is deciding for yourself, not being talked into a vote.

My vote: BR-0

Also, it's not marked in the OP who won the last match.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The greatest weakness of kentona's 'bot is it's defense. It's greatest strengths lies in agility and strength. It's high agility, which partially represents it's ability to dodge, is there to compensate for the low defense. However, agility is not just the ability to dodge, but overall speed of movement. The 'bot hits fast and hard.

The greatest weakness of Gourd's 'bot is it's attack. It's greatest strengths lie in agility and energy. Now, I imagine that Gourd's tactic is that of a battle of attrition. It would want to conserve energy, but it must dodge as much as possible, maybe getting a few hits in on the side. Then, when it's opponent is out of energy, go in for the kill.

In the end, I believe this match is a battle of who gets in the most hits. They are both very agile, and the strength-to-defense ratios make whatever blows that manage land deal similar damage. They have comparable health, but Gourd has the greater endurance/energy to keep up the pressure.

+1 vote for Gourd!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
BR-0 was designed more specifically for this event; as a fighter. But, the rolling ball is interesting as an attack thing. Reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog a little bit.
Actually...that's what I was basing it off. Haha. I wonder if Chana was too?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Not really..!
I see Gourd's bot purposely running away and only attacking when necessary in order to draw out the fight rather then try to take Kentona's bot head on. Because if did try to take on Kentona's bot head on then it'd lose.

This is another tough one for me. Since Kentona's bot has the ability to catch up to Gourd's bot and each hit can do a decent of damage. But Killer brought up the idea crab claws could steal one of Kentona's bot's limbs. I could easily imagine Gourd's bot rolling in an unexpected attack and stealing a leg thus significantly slowing down Kentona's bot. With that all Gourd's bot would have to do is stay away from kentona's bot till it runs out of energy.

My vote goes to Gourd's Bot.
author=superBlast
I see Gourd's bot purposely running away and only attacking when necessary in order to draw out the fight rather then try to take Kentona's bot head on. Because if did try to take on Kentona's bot head on then it'd lose.

This is another tough one for me. Since Kentona's bot has the ability to catch up to Gourd's bot and each hit can do a decent of damage. But Killer brought up the idea crab claws could steal one of Kentona's bot's limbs. I could easily imagine Gourd's bot rolling in an unexpected attack and stealing a leg thus significantly slowing down Kentona's bot. With that all Gourd's bot would have to do is stay away from kentona's bot till it runs out of energy.]
That's pretty much the way I was wanting my bot to fight.
(This is 5x clearer than my explanation)
Also, I'm pretty sure I mentioned something about ripping limbs off with crab claws at some point.
I don't really think a 'hit and run' tactic would be valid in a fighting style such as Bando, or any other style for that matter. (With the exceptions of maybe Vale Tudo or Drunken Boxing, afaik.) I mean, sure, your robot can use it for a period of time, or to get away from a dangerous situation. But winning just like that doesn't seem right on my book. The same goes for weapons. They're mostly auxiliary, specially if they're not compatible with the fighting style you choose. This is all just my opinion, of course...

But with that in mind, and taking stats and equipment into account, I think BR-0 would win. So BR-0 takes my vote.
I rather like Guerilla tactics. Though, I guess Gear's tactics technically aren't Guerilla tactics. To each his own.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Well, BR-0 strikes me as a Fragile Speedster, and Zoom Gear has more stability and defensive tactics at his disposal. It would take one unlucky spear to a weak point on BR-0 and it could be devastating.

I vote for Zoom Gear (Gourd's Bot).
Dudesoft
Looks like a tie... I'll discuss this with my collegue.

OP Updated, Rhyme vs. Killer Wolf
Vote deadline: Thursday, 15 March 2012.

My vote goes to Rhyme <3
I vote Rhymebot. Mostly because it has a bit more energy than it's opponent and a bit higher attack. I also have to give props to my fellow shock kicker. ;)
My controller is not above bribing the judges...

Anwyho, this looks like another close battle, but I think the WolfBot holds a slight edge with better Health and more ways of attacking (whips, tail, jaws)

+1 vote for WolfBot
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Both these 'bots have amazingly low defense values. They also both have maxed agility. Rhyme has higher strength and energy, but Killer_Wolf has higher health. Which means I'm down to differences in weapons and battlechip?
author=Marrend
Both these 'bots have amazingly low defense values. They also both have maxed agility. Rhyme has higher strength and energy, but Killer_Wolf has higher health. Which means I'm down to differences in weapons and battlechip?

Yeah, this seems to be the case.

I guess... +1 for wolfbot
I don't have much to say, since Wolfbot's basic battle plan is already included in his graphic: Evade long range attacks, soften up the enemy on approach with shock kicks, try to remove weapons with the quarium whip, clinch, get a vital component (or whatever is small enough to fit) in the jaws, clamp down, and kill.

For a little Kino Mutai in action -

Skip to around 3:18

Just picture that, but with added robotic scorpion tail strikes.

Unfortunately, I think this fight might be a double k.o. or very close. I see Wolfbot getting the enemy in its jaws, and just before the mouth mounted beam cannon obliterates the target, Rhymebot uses the Overdrive bomb. Due to proximity, I think they'd both be caught in the blast, but Wolfbot might survive due to slightly higher health and defense.

Also, don't discount Alexis' killer instinct. She was a lawyer, you know =)
My vote is for Wolfbot

I don't feel like explaining my reason for choosing this time. Just feel that Killer's bot is the better one this time (just slightly).
My vote: Wolfbot
Hey look, a lawyer controller! She must have the ferocity of one million controllers.
Dudesoft
author=kentona
My controller is not above bribing the judges...

Anwyho, this looks like another close battle, but I think the WolfBot holds a slight edge with better Health and more ways of attacking (whips, tail, jaws)

+1 vote for WolfBot

What kind of bribes...?