RMN BATTLEDOME! VOTING!

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I hate to do this, don't shoot the messenger:
+2 ark - private votes
Ahh, you didn't fix my stats. I brought it up several times u.u You flakester!

Stats

HEALTH: 65
ATTACK: 75
DEFENSE: 90
AGILITY: 40
ENERGY: 75

Each category is supposed to have an extra 10. I didn't even realize that each category started off with 10 so I didn't include that

ohhh well

*Ark, dude, I think you're taking this too seriously. Responding to every comment trying to change their vote? I don't think every thought/choice needs to be rationalized and justified. It's all just for fun. Exactly why I'm against campaigning for you're own bot.

**This is a really cool match up!
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=Link_2112
Ahh, you didn't fix my stats. I brought it up several times u.u You flakester!

Stats

HEALTH: 65
ATTACK: 75
DEFENSE: 90
AGILITY: 40
ENERGY: 75

Each category is supposed to have an extra 10. I didn't even realize that each category started off with 10 so I didn't include that

ohhh well

*Ark, dude, I think you're taking this too seriously. Responding to every comment trying to change their vote? I don't think every thought/choice needs to be rationalized and justified. It's all just for fun. Exactly why I'm against campaigning for you're own bot.

**This is a really cool match up!

Hey dude, I understand but thats part of the fun to me is Discussing and shooting down tactics.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I vote for tower tech.
Looks like I'm not too late to vote.

Anyways my vote goes to Link.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Forget it. I'm just going to forgo doing research all rationalization and go with Link_2112.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
only wankers don't vote for tower tech.

show some compassion
Dudesoft
Vote over. Ark moves on by 2 votes.

Next up, Newblack vs chana
Vote ends Thursday, 22 March 2012
No...all my hopes and dreams...crushed...
Dudesoft
To quote irc ironically just now:
nub
laps up the vital juices of your crushed dreams.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
aïe aïe aïe, I imagine this is going to hurt...
But Queen Weezam never gives up!
+1 The Howitzers of Parliament
I don't know... I just don't see Glaucus Mk. I having enough firepower or agility advantage to overcome the sheer size of Sumo Bot. But Glaucus is a very well balanced bot, and he has that gattling gun with a ton of ammo... but is his slight agility advantage enough to keep his distance and wear out Sumo bot with his gun and the occasional rocket punch? Hrmmm...

I think this one goes to Sumo Bot, overwhelming Glaucus using the sumo battle style.
I almost feel like I should recuse myself from voting in this match due to the fact I have practiced (and at one point even taught) Jeet Kune Do for almost a decade and a half at this point, and as such could be unfairly biased towards Glaucus Mk1.

BUT I don’t really see the bot adhering to the basic tennets of JKD that closely, since lugging around a couple thousand rounds and using a mini-gun’s spray and pray approach isn’t exactly what the method is built for. Maybe the creator was going from either the interview or scene in Enter the Dragon where Bruce Lee says a gun is the best way to kill someone… but in an arena fight, eh, not so much.

Owlbot’s native defense score is already higher than Sumbot's attack stat, and it carries an 18 point advantage in agility as well, meaning that not only is it unlikely to take much damage, it is hard to hit in the first place.

Now the problem here is that the mini-gun’s rounds are going to hit like bug bites to the two ton bot’s frame, so the long range game is almost off the table entirely. With the rolling attack, I can see Sumobot actively turtling toward the enemy, trying to crush them. It is very likely though, that the mini-gun’s rounds are going to find a lot of those omni-directional eyes and take them out, effectively blinding the bot for its rolling function and forcing it to pop its head out to get its bearings.

Sumobot’s sonic disturbance module isn’t actually listed as a weapon, but I counted it as working in an earlier match so I’ll go ahead and do the same here. This could buy a fraction of a second or two of distraction before Owlbot’s Tracking sensor kicks in. Owlbot may have trouble figuring out which direction is which, but will still be able to track where the enemy and their attacks are coming from. If sumobot’s controller is smart, this brief opening will be used to close into clinch range.

Normally, it is a bad idea to clinch with JKD, due to the dangers of pak sau, groundfighting, and general conditioning involved, but the owlbot isn’t outfitted for any of that. The minigun is useless at close range, and I don’t see the grabbing arm having much effect against a two ton sphere, though it may be able to damage/remove extended limbs. The rocket fist move would backfire terribly, robbing Owlbot of its sole functional close range tool.

While Sumobot isn't going to do much damage with any one attack, the opponent is pretty much entirely out of the match if close range can be maintained. It becomes a battle of attrition at that point, and Sumobot DOES have an advantage in the energy category.

As much as it pains me to say it, in this case I see Owlbot’s JKD entirely outclassed by Sumobot’s close range game.

Sumobot +1
Dudesoft
I'm going with NewBlack
because sumo style is about grappling and throwing down. Well, the sumo bot literally doesn't have legs to stand on, and once toppled is open target for the gatling gun. Plus, if Sumo bot did grapple his opponent, sumo is wide open for kneeing.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
You mean feet?
Dudesoft
author=chana
You mean feet?

Yeah, sorry, hard to type on phone sometimes.
Those little balls would be hard-pressed to maintain balance of such a massive body. The best use of those ball feet would be if it were strictly a grappling battle, so Sumobot could urge its weight forward.
Against that owlbot, which is more likely to stay its distance so it can unload ammo... I don't see it working too well.
Dudesoft
I just did some calculations...
Apparently a fighter plane in WWII weighs 9000 KG.
Now, the owlbot is supposedly built with fighter plane parts--- not including massive gatling gun, or the huge backpack full of ammo, nor considering the internal robotic additions to the hull--- NewBlack's robot starts off at 9.92080179828 tons, roughly. Now add the stuff I mentioned. Sumobot is now basically a football against Owlbot.