MAFIA: WITCH HUNT

This game is now complete. Check out the full game here:
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10483/

RMN MAFIA EPISODE X:

Witch Hunt

The Setup

The shrieks of human agony and the stench of dark magic corrode the nighttime air around the village of Siren. The witches and warlocks of AmegĂ­r have retured to terrorize the poor townsfolk, stealing them away in the darkness for rituals of a sacrificial nature. These rituals give them more power, allowing them to make more sacrifices, thus creating a downward spiral of destruction.

Suspicion is rising, and paranoia is king. Who's a witch? Who's not? The villagers decide to take a vote.

The witch hunt has begun.

What is Mafia?

author=Wikipedia
Mafia is a party game modelling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either "mafia", who know each other; or "townspeople", who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's "night" phase the mafia covertly 'murder' a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople.

How to Play

The Roles:

Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The content of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia, and Independent.

Town(Villagers)
If you are a villager, then your objective is to stay alive and try to find out who the scum are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not.

Mafia(Witches)
The witches, on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the villagers. They can communicate with other mafia members outside the thread in any way they please. During the night, they send a PM to the host(in this case me) telling me which townie they want to kill. If all goes according to their plan(which it might not), then that townie will be dead--thus cannot post or vote--for the rest of the game.

Independents
The goal of an independent role is to simply stay alive until the end of the game. They have no set alliance, and can side with either the town or the mafia. An independent must be alive at the game's conclusion to win, unlike town or mafia members.

If all witches are killed, then The Villagers Win!
If enough villagers are killed that they can't lynch the witches, then The Witches Win!

Game Structure:

The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched(note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.

Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the mafia's kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

Voting should look like this:

#Lynch Zeuzio or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
And yes, you need the bold.

If you are playing, READ THIS

1. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled.

2. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

3. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. You can still cheer on your team/partner from the sidelines, though. I might make a separate thread for the actual game once it starts, making this thread a sort of "dead lounge" where dead players can chat.

4. DON'T EDIT POSTS: This kind of goes with No Cheating. If you make a mistake, it stays as it is. Editing posts will result first in a warning, and second in a modkill. However, if you make an accidental double post, feel free edit that out(though I guess that's not supposed to happen much in RMN4.2.)

Sign-ups

Sign-ups are closed.

1. Despite
2. chana
3. Gourd_Clae
4. rabitZ
5. arcan
6. LockeZ
7. Dudesoft
8. Shinan
9. LittleWingGuy
10. SorceressKyrsty
11. Happy
12. Trihan

If you want to sign up, simply say so in the thread.

If you're having trouble understanding the game and how it works, feel free to ask questions!
Or take a look at some previous mafia games on RMN.

Hunters: The Mafia
Iron Gaia Mafia
Final Fantasy Mafia

Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
i wanna sign up
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Sounds fun but I don't think I could follow that closely.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I want in, sly fox.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
What are the day lengths? Are there no power roles?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Fithos Lusec Vicos Winosec

Allow me to join in this hunt
Six people already!? o.O

author=chana
Sounds fun but I don't think I could follow that closely.

Just try and post whenever you get a chance. Try to keep up with the posts as best as you can as well, since it'll help a lot to do so.

author=arcan
What are the day lengths? Are there no power roles?

Up to three days, probably. And of course there will be power roles. (I just don't know what they'll be yet!)

author=LockeZ

I see what you did there. :P
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Fools! You have just ensured the doom of this village!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sign me up, I guess.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
dudesoft i wanna make gay love to u
Of course I'm game. LET'S BURN SOME BITCHES.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=Zeuzio
author=LockeZ

I see what you did there. :P

hay

hayhayhay

not all witches are bad guiyz

me for example ;3;

(I want to play! signmeupsignmeupsignmeup!)
Happy
Devil's in the details
Hey, I want to join. I've played this game in parties. Lots of fun.
Dudesoft
I've played it once at a party. I pretended to be a super sleuth (I was dressed up as out of work, drunk Batman) and pretended to find clues and make up shit. Totally threw people at pointing their fingers at me. Maybe I messed up the game...?
The more, the merrier! Hopefully we can get at least 16 people, that'd be interesting.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
mafiascum.net is down so I have to play. I advise against making a huge game though because that will make the game much harder for town and I assume most people here are newbies.
Dudesoft
hey arcan where's your battle robot