MAFIA: WITCH HUNT

rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
funny thing is, I inadvertedly visited despite 2 nights in a row.
it was my lack of attention that got me killed night 2 :o
I don't feel so bad about protecting you now.

I'll admit I was acting a little erratic for a doctor.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Wait, how was my death most helpful? :P
Analysis

Happy

Played his role very well, was active, and definitely took advantage of his Godfather status. A great job, really.

rabitZ

He did a pretty good job at not looking suspicious, and only died because of targeting Despite night 2. Although he would have died night 1 for the same reason if not for...something.

SorceressKyrsty

Finding out Little Wing Guy's role night 2 likely helped out the witches a lot. The only problem here was with Kyrsty's lurking, which led to her being lynched.

Despite

Well, what can I say. The fact the Paranoid Gun Owner didn't reveal his role kind of baffles me, but the outcome could have been worse. What really didn't help is the fact that Despite would only throw around random lynch votes, which actually cost the village the game on Day 5. Despite also could have soft claimed a powerful role from the get-go so that the witches would target him, thus killing one of them in the process. This happened anyway, though, so Despite was somewhat helpful.

Trihan

Trihan died pretty early, so it's hard to really analyze him. That fact that he investigated Despite on night 1 was just pure bad luck. However, what he did say on day 1 was very helpful and smart, and if he had survived the town likely would have had a much better shot at winning.

Dudesoft

Same as with Trihan. I don't think he necessarily said much on day 1, either. Although I can't really knock points off for being the night 1 mafia target.

Shinan

Although his role became fairly useless after Dudesoft died, he still was fairly active, which is a plus. He didn't even get a chance to analyze the situation on Day 5, which was a shame. If anyone would have won the game for the villagers, it would have had to of been Shinan.

Gourd_Clae

Based on his Day 2 actions, Clae definitely seems to be a new player. He likely should have revealed his role so the town wouldn't have lynched a townie, even if it meant certain death for him during the night phase. Also, due to a bit of bad luck, he actually saved a witch from Despite night 1.

LockeZ

He was a very active townie and was a big threat to the witches. He perhaps could have kept his role a secret for a little while longer, but other than that, LockeZ did a pretty good job. Also, a note about the watcher role: Even though LockeZ targeted Despite on night 1, he didn't die because the Watcher doesn't actually visit their target. It's more like spying on them.

arcan

A bit of a lurker. His role didn't help the town much because he died before revealing his findings. Overall, he didn't do a bad job, but he wasn't particularly helpful either.

chana

Also a definite new player, like Gourd_Clae. chana's main problem was likely being too confusing, as many of her fellow villagers pointed out. As a bullet proof, perhaps a soft claim of a powerful role would have led the witches to target her one night, thus granting the village more time to collect data and work out who the witches were.

Little Wing Guy

If LWG were a town cop, he would have done a wonderful job. Well, besides the fact that he pretty much cleared Happy by revealing his "innocence". As an independent though, the goal is to just stay alive until the end of the game. A better strategy would have been to keep his findings to himself, and use them to his advantage when lynching in the final few days of the game. However, since he wanted the town to win from the start, his strategy was pretty acceptable.

Awards

The MVP award goes to:

Happy, for leading the witches valiantly and for being the only alive player at the end of the game.

The LVP award goes to:

Gourd_Clae, mainly for saving a witch on night 1 but also for putting up a weak defense day 2.

The WTF award goes to:

Despite, for being both extremely helpful(killing rabitZ) and extremely harmful(killing Trihan, voting for Shinan day 5) for the village at the same time.

Runner Up: chana, because...yeah.

Good game, guys and gals!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
thx to you.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
You guys realize that I was attempting to lynch LWG a) he was aligned with the village, as stated, and b) LockeZ stated that if LWG was indeed the survivor cop, Happy would be proved innocent. Which he was not XD

;)

I think my bandwagonning got me lynched, which I actually did just because I felt like it and, of course, I didn't care who got lynched as long as it wasn't the other witches! he he he.

Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
fuck that, I was the best.
Godsdammit I was right waybackwhen. Also I got lynched while sleeping! What kind of town does that to a person. You should at least have woken me up.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
~haunt with me, Mason brother~

Fun game though, let's do this again some time!
author=Dudesoft
~haunt with me, Mason brother~

Fun game though, let's do this again some time!

Haha, I might be taking a break for a while. Finishing up this game certainly dug into my plans of creating a new game page last night. >_>

If anyone else wants to host a game, though~
chana
Shouldn't it be said somewheres that the dark Lord is seen as innocent in the eyes of an independent cop or something along that line ? not knowing makes it quasi impossible to win.
Dudesoft
I think that's part of the reason? Every role has an advantage and disadvantage. I think the point of being the Big Boss is that you're hard to get.
author=chana
Shouldn't it be said somewheres that the dark Lord is seen as innocent in the eyes of an independent cop or something along that line ? not knowing makes it quasi impossible to win.

I could have done it this way, yeah, but I figured with this particular setup it wouldn't be necessary. I mean, every villager had a power role. Since the godfather is the most likely candidate to commit a kill since the other two roles had night actions, he'd be caught red handed by the watcher or tracker if they targeted the right person. Not to mention that if the paranoid gun owner was targeted, whichever witch that committed the kill would die.
Dudesoft
So when are we doing this again?
author=Dudesoft

I'm considering hosting another game soon. If you guys have any ideas for themes, feel free to try and sway me. :)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
...Final Fantasy VIII theme?

/me is shot
author=SorceressKyrsty
...Final Fantasy VIII theme?

/me is shot

:o

Maybe...
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I Think you should strongly consider a Garfield theme.
chana
author=Zeuzio
author=Dudesoft
I'm considering hosting another game soon. If you guys have any ideas for themes, feel free to try and sway me. :)
Great, sorry guys, you're going to have to bear with me again!
author=Zeuzio

I suggest nazis hunting jews.