MAFIA: WITCH HUNT

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I was thinking of just that, then I thought, the nazis would not kill the jews one by one... but I guess it would work as a theme, a bit fantasized.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I suggest a 4chan themed game. Most people are legit users, while a few people are a samefag on different proxy servers. Each day the users vote on one IP address to ban, and each night the samefags gang up on one user to shame him into leaving the thread.

To make it more interesting you could even make the thread initially be about something, so we start out discussing, say, the size of some chick's knockers or the viability of a particular My Little Pony shipping. Or not, since I'm not sure if that's awful in an amazing ironic way or just the normal kind of awful.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I've never even been near 4chan. I learnt early the kind of horrors it contained from the tales of others.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
What about being trapped in a small space station, and we vote on who to shove out the airlock.
Maybe the Mafia are Cylons or something.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I've never even been near 4chan. I learnt early the kind of horrors it contained from the tales of others.

edit: FUCK YOU INTERNET
author=Dudesoft
What about being trapped in a small space station, and we vote on who to shove out the airlock.

I like this. And I really don't want anything internet related because I just don't find that very appealing at all. A simpler theme the better.

I mean with the nazi vs jews you could spice it up basically have more than one neutral who is "hiding jews" and make a whole gameplay element about that. But in all seriousness the simpler the better. In fact the fact that everyone had a role last game made for a fun(nish) game but I also want to say a word about a game that is mostly "regulars". It can make the interactions more tense. (of course it can also be a complete bomb if the one role dies very early)

So space station is nice. Like The Thing! An arctic base! With an alien doppelganger monster! (would be funny if it started with one monster and each night "infected" another. Increasing the number of monsters each day. That wouldn't work though would it since you can only kill one per day and one turns per night...)
Dudesoft
author=Shinan
author=Dudesoft
I like this. And I really don't want anything internet related because I just don't find that very appealing at all. A simpler theme the better.

I mean with the nazi vs jews you could spice it up basically have more than one neutral who is "hiding jews" and make a whole gameplay element about that. But in all seriousness the simpler the better. In fact the fact that everyone had a role last game made for a fun(nish) game but I also want to say a word about a game that is mostly "regulars". It can make the interactions more tense. (of course it can also be a complete bomb if the one role dies very early)

So space station is nice. Like The Thing! An arctic base! With an alien doppelganger monster! (would be funny if it started with one monster and each night "infected" another. Increasing the number of monsters each day. That wouldn't work though would it since you can only kill one per day and one turns per night...)

Well, if the Master Monsters were disguised as humans, and the monsters were basically just "dead", it would work exactly the same as the witch game, except there'd be a list of "lynched" and "monsters" for the dead pool.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I don't know man. Space station has been done by the Best Posterâ„¢ and Worst Mafia Hostâ„¢, who basically used the entire thing to make his players have the least amount of fun possible while engaging in a masturbatory "bad writing" exercise. I really think you should reconsider Garfield.
Dudesoft
Dibbs on Odie.

Hey, what about a Clue based one? Trying to find the murderer and two accomplises?
Current Idea Pool:

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia: Of course it's a ridiculous concept, but it might just be crazy enough to work. Plus, writing and coming up with the characters/roles would be really fun for me since I like the game.

Garfield Mafia: I don't know a whole lot about Garfield except for the main characters, really. Are there even villainous characters or enough characters for a good-sized mafia game in general? I'm crossing this one off the list, just because I don't know enough about Garfield to make it work.

Nazis vs. Jews Mafia: An interesting, if not over the top concept. My problem is that I couldn't see myself having a lot of fun writing for this, or coming up with roles. (Well, unless Mecha-Hitler is involved) I won't rule it out completely, but just don't expect great writing if we go with this.

4chan Mafia: Welp. While the results would (probably) be hilarious, The fact that I've never visited 4chan would mean that I would have to spend some time there in order to get a feel for what the site is actually like, for the sake of accuracy. And, well, I don't think I want to put myself through that(apparently). I don't think I'll go with this one, either.

Space Station Mafia: I like this one a lot. It'd be a unique enough concept(for mafia anyway) while still being easy to make stuff up for. I guess the only issue is that I don't know all that pop culture/Star Trek lingo which everyone would be expecting, heh.

Clue Mafia: Believe it or not, I've never played this game. Though I've always wanted to! I'm sure some quick research on the rules would solve this, though, and it might work if everyone likes the idea.