RMN MAP-DESIGN CONTEST [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

Pages: first prev 123456 last
PS. I won even though I didn't enter. I am just that awesome.
cool, can't wait for the results plus you guys should know my address. You know where to send 1st prize too.
While I realize there were staff "reviews" initially proposed for this, I was not expecting such a number of member critiques. As it were, I don't know what more there really is to say about many of these which hasn't already been mentioned extensively. So then, without any further procrastination on my part (lol) I would like to reveal the winners.

1st Place: Chartley
If for a moment I were to ignore the wonderful overlay, I would be forced to admit a decidedly simplified map structure beneath the shine. However, the judges collectively felt this map to be so well-done, so utterly evocative in it's ambience and design that it simply did not matter. The excellent music choice, subtle gestures of dynamic lighting, and sense of true adventure it provided was well-deserving of it's nominations.

2nd Place: Neophyte
Though Karsuman has apparently yet to play through this submission, I felt that my own satisfaction from experiencing it-- along with the obvious general appeal-- was more than enough merit to award Neophyte with second place. It's quite clear he did his best with the limited range of the Tileset-- and his slight alterations to it, while minimal, certainly show that a small ounce of creativity can go a long way in providing a fresh experience. The interactivity, as well, was superb.

Honorable Mentions:

Sion
As generic as this appeared to be at times, it was nonetheless a nicely done effort and had effective BGM.

Tau
It's apparent that, were a bit more time and effort put into this, it really could have delivered on an even higher scale than it did. Good work, regardless.
I don't blame you for stealing my idea, too! =[

Winners, if you still desire your prize(s), feel free to PM/IM me with your information!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
YAY I'm.. honored haha, yeah that was lame. I didn't steal your idea, I was pretty sure I'd seen that tile in your project folder so I went to see if it was and to my amazement it was right!

Also next to it was the recolored one, so I made that map in about 10 minutes and saw your entry the next day and was like.. "shit" so I just put the overlays and closed the paths off and left it the way it was.

Congratz to Neo and Chatley, you guys deserved it.. wasn't there supposed to be a 3rd placing as well?
=O
Congratulations Chartley! A job well done on your part, your map was great. I wasn't expecting such a unique atmosphere with this limited tileset, but you did it.

I always seem to get second place in these. The last one at GW I was second, and now this. JKB and now Chartley are winners.
By the way, iamnot isn't mentioned? He seemed to have gotten lots of votes, but I guess you guys felt differently?

Also, I am angry with Karsuman.
I played yours Neophyte. =)

I just haven't had much luck keeping my internet alive lately.
Congrats Chartley/Neophyte!

I thought both your maps where great.

(and good job to everyone else who entered to!)
So, I read that I won and all that... so I went to bust open a victory Coke, and BOOM!
There is now coke infused in various articles of clothing, as well as my keyboard. :(

But in all seriousness, thanks guys! And well done on the maps, they were all very swell. I would have hated to be a judge, because they were good entries across the board. I look forward to the next one!

As for the prize, I don't really need it. But if you're bent on getting rid of it, maybe Holb won't object. ^_-
Feel free to send me the prize. Anyway, gongrats on winning this, your map was pretty awesome. :)
Check out a certain tab of the data base in the editor ^_-. Oh goodness, I feel awful for spoiling that. :(

But at least I didn't say which tab. The biggest clue Craze gave was when he said "an externally solved riddle". Keep that in mind!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
My map has the longest "playtime" and it's also the smallest by far.

I WIN
Whoa...congrats to the victors! Good to see a compo of some sorts here as I return from RMN hibernation.
author=Chartley link=topic=1044.msg17490#msg17490 date=1211525628
Check out a certain tab of the data base in the editor ^_-. Oh goodness, I feel awful for spoiling that. :(

But at least I didn't say which tab. The biggest clue Craze gave was when he said "an externally solved riddle". Keep that in mind!

Yeah I did that already, but I don't "get" it.
Congrats to the winners. Looks like it's back to the editor for me.
I may try my hand at the next competition whenever Blind makes
another 15 bucks. Are the mapping contests exclusive to that
of rpgm2k3 or no?

~Sion
If the next competition isn't exclusive to RM2k/3 then you can expect me to enter it.

Congrats to you winners of this one.
Good choices! Congratz. I hope there's another RM2K3 one soon, I have to protect my honor. ;D
Craze
This should be unstickied, now? Maybe? Kind of?
Don't make me ban you for mini-modding.
Craze
Somebody has to do it.
Pages: first prev 123456 last