RMN RADIO

Pages: first 12 next last
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I remember an old maverick forum long ago having a "Demo Day" and to accompany it, they had this radio show where they would talk about the games that were released on that day, talk about games in general, talk about forums news, and invite some guest speakers on. While I did not care much for the site, I thought that was really fun to listen to. The site is long gone now, and its been awhile since I thought about the idea of a radio show until the "Release Something" topic cropped up and I was suddenly reminded of the radio show.

So what do you guys think? ;D

It was basically a podcast.
Pretty cool idea, I think.

We would need to stay focused on a topic during the discussion though... (Or at least have some clue of what we want to talk about.)
YDS
I think that would be easy enough. It would be nice to have one or two more people who have decent mics and likes to talk a lot on the show too.
I doubt I would participate in this, but I'd be interested in listening. XD
I have no problems contributing to this, but how do you plan to do it? Are we recording it, doing it live, what?
This sounds like a cool idea. Go for it dudes.
author=Veridianne link=topic=1046.msg14741#msg14741 date=1210047015
I think that would be easy enough. It would be nice to have one or two more people who have decent mics and likes to talk a lot on the show too.

Well... I remember the podcasts at the one certain site you were referring to... got rather off-topic and unfocused at some points.
YDS
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=1046.msg14748#msg14748 date=1210047704
I have no problems contributing to this, but how do you plan to do it? Are we recording it, doing it live, what?

I am unsure of the technicalities and whatnot, but its based on podcast and/or prolly Skype. Yes, it is live. However, I will be edited it afterwards for dead air time.
YDS
Well... I remember the podcasts at the one certain site you were referring to... got rather off-topic and unfocused at some points.

Hence editing, and I am a bit more stricter and fussier than the two guys who were running it back then.

EDIT: Er, double post, sorry.
Ok, Skype I can work with. I have that. ^_^
Technically its simple. Everyone gets Skype and get a confrence call going. Someone records the call (like through Audacity->StereoMix) and you go wild.

The bigger issue is getting a quality recording. People with shitty microphones shouldn't talk and volumes should be adjusted so that nobody is significantly louder/quieter than the rest. And somebody will have to keep the discussion on track.
YDS
Hm, I can keep the discussion on track, I will need someone who can do recording.
I support this whole heartedly.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Mog I figured you would say "I welcome this with open arms" judging from your avatar haha. I never really listened to the GW radio so I probably wouldn't listen to this, but it would be nice to have the option haha.
YDS
From my knowledge, GW radio was just music playing. At least that is what it seemed like when I played it. I mainly got my inspiration for this off of GL.
I suppose it would be good but do people even listen to these things. I have seen these on a few sites and nobody pays any attention to it.
YDS
Well, it was very popular on an older site I visited to -- but that is one reason why I made this topic, to see how many people would actually listen to it, and from what I've gathered through IRC, there seems to be a sufficient amount of people who want to hear it.
ah well, sounds cool to me. I support this too, it'll be a nice new feature for the site. :)
I've done a couple of audio interviews for GW and I would really like the community to produce some kind of podcast. It could even be different people doing segments. For example some guy might want to record himself talking about something he wants to talk about and it could be put inside the podcast as a part of it. As well as interviews and other stuff.

Preferably there'd be a couple of hosts that would present the things and discuss in general as well. Of course someone would have to be the "overall producer" and make sure there's a podcast whenever it's supposed to be out (monthly?) and cut together segments that are sent to him/her.

And my mic doesn't have too horrible sound so I'd love to participate in some recorded discussion.
So how is this coming along anyway?
Pages: first 12 next last