NICOB'S LET'S TRIES/PLAYS! *REQUEST YOUR GAME HERE!*

This is why I don't take my summer vacations in the desert!

Desert Nightmare
Part Six: WORST VACATION EVER!!
Poor monster, all he wanted was some lovin'.
The epic adventures of NicoBizzle and Slimey begin!!

Vagabond
Part One: THE ADVENTURES OF NICOB AND SLIMEY
XD

I'm definitely looking forward to more! Your vids are hilarious as usual Nico.

<3 Slimey
Alien loves Night at the Roxbury. ;)

Desert Nightmare
Part Seven: ALIEN GETS HIS GROOVE ON!
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Been lovin' the Desert Nightmare LP. Pity it seems like it'll be ending soon...
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
That was you’re best one yet! It’s almost as shame you're almost at the end of that game.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's all just a dream and she wakes up in the toilet from the intro.

I like watching most of these videos. Especially the non-typical RPG ones, like Desert Nightmare.
The question is why I'm not playing the game myself, since it's so unique, instead of watching it here...
I achieve my life long dream of being a spellcasting hobo.

Left in the Dark
BY THE POWERS OF HOBONESS!!
That last one was alright but unfortunately due to a lack of characters and story the NicoB factor wasn't quite there for me (and by that I mean I love it when you roleplay the different characters and give them hilarious voices and reactions).
@Mateui: Hahaha, yeah, there wasn't a whole lot for me to work with in that department. ^ ^;;

The epic conclusion to Desert Nightmare! Behold!

Desert Nightmare
Part Eight: CONCLUSION AND OVERVIEW

I have to say, I really enjoyed LPing this game. :3
Glad you liked it and hope you don't mind, but I made a little Playlist on my Channel.

And about Alan and Jake: I don't think that they are from this town or that the Towns curse affected them, only born Village People (which makes Jake actually worse since he HIMSELF wanted to rape Sandra and not because of some old curse)
I liked all that the game had going, until that village swap.
Then it all just started to feel rushed.
I enjoyed your LP for Desert Nightmare, but I agree that the story makes little sense. I laughed so hard at the part in the cave where there is magically a door preventing Jake from being able to reach Sandra.

I hope your next video series is for a game with lots of dialogue.
Thanks Mateui. I'm glad you all enjoyed watching as much I did playing! :D

So I started on Heiwaboke Crisis and....I didn't get very far (for reasons you'll see). I also played and finished Tina of the Stars.

Heiwaboke Crisis
Part One: NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THIS ONE

Tina of the Stars
PACMAN POWERS ACTIVATE!
Watched both of them.

Agree with you on Heiwaboke Crisis. Not my cup of tea either. (And I hate when games drop you off with little to no explanation and then expect for you to stumble your way onto the main path of the story. What was weird about this game to me is that it clearly defines the game's major conflict/mission - defeat the 40-something spirits - but then gives you seemingly unimportant tasks/missions to accomplish like trying to get the male characters to stop perving on the scantily clad female characters. It's like it's not even the same game.)

For Tina of the Stars, is the music really that choppy at parts or is that just the recording? I'm personally not a huge fan of pacman-style games (and from a design point of view I don't really understand why the collection of orbs and defeating of ghosts/creatures is completely separated. Pacman works because it gives you the option of turning the tables momentarily on the enemy at the cost of using a limited resource. Here the entire tension rests in the first "half" of the level where you need to collect the orbs and avoid touching the monsters. Then there is no tension whatsoever when you are powered up and simply need to walk through the entire level again touching every creature. Where is there skill in that? I can see how it would be satisfying to punch a couple of creatures but after a while what's the point?)

Just my thoughts on the game design. Don't want to sound too negative.

I do like the custom graphics, and the intro was nice. :)
Well I guess it's not to everyone's taste ^_^ Thanks for trying anyway. I was originally making it for myself just for fun and was halfway through before I thought about sharing it, so it's probably a bit strange... I guess it helps if you know about and are interested in Japan.

I think there's only 3 quests with any sexual overtones, it just so happens that you started near two of them. Although you're right about the character rips ^_^

"Irrashaimase" means something like "welcome". All shop staff in Japan say this when a customer enters. "Heiwaboke" (hey-wa-bo-keh) means "complacency about peace". Actually the game title comes from a song by Melt-Banana.

Mateui: the book you start with explains that the spirits have possessed people around the town, and you have to complete the missions to force them out and fight them. I agree that it is non-linear and appears directionless though, but I deliberately wanted to make it so you can do the quests in any order.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Mateui
For Tina of the Stars, is the music really that choppy at parts or is that just the recording? I'm personally not a huge fan of pacman-style games (and from a design point of view I don't really understand why the collection of orbs and defeating of ghosts/creatures is completely separated. Pacman works because it gives you the option of turning the tables momentarily on the enemy at the cost of using a limited resource. Here the entire tension rests in the first "half" of the level where you need to collect the orbs and avoid touching the monsters. Then there is no tension whatsoever when you are powered up and simply need to walk through the entire level again touching every creature. Where is there skill in that? I can see how it would be satisfying to punch a couple of creatures but after a while what's the point?)

Just my thoughts on the game design. Don't want to sound too negative.

I do like the custom graphics, and the intro was nice. :)

I think it was his recording in regards to the music. It doesn't sound choppy at all on my computer.

In regards to its design, I have to say that while the game is a clone of Pacman, the objectives of the two games differ. Eating monsters was only a secondary objective in Pacman, the primary objective is getting all the dots on the screen to clear the level. In Tina of the Stars, the objective is more focused around killing all the enemies on screen, and the key to winning is to do it in the most efficient way possible. That is why the timer is there (even though it didn't show up in the recording, possibly due to one of the game fonts not being installed). While I recognize that the challenge of the last half decreases when you collect the stars (deliberately so, as to reward the player for successfully navigating through the level in the first place), it decreases, but doesn't go completely away because of the timer. So I believe skill is involved in both phases.
I love your videos. I like the way you present them with a mix of humor and legitimate criticism. I especially enjoy the strategy elements in Tina of the Stars.

Nico, if you should have a free space open for a new Let's Try, I would love if you would perhaps consider the new demo I released for Rhukaat II? :3
I've been watching your let's try/plays, and I must say you're videos are awesome. I'm going to be putting a new demo of my game up soon-ish, so when you get a free slot tell me, I would love for you to try it out.