NICOB'S LET'S TRIES/PLAYS! *REQUEST YOUR GAME HERE!*

author=Zeuzio
Hey, it's Nico! :o

Just out of curiosity, are you stopping your Vagabond LT as well? It's come a long way since when you played it last. Even the TP thing has been fixed! Either way is fine, but I'd like to know whether or not I need to stop holding out for the next update. '^-^

I don't know man. While I'd love to continue it for Slimey's sake, I did have a lot of issues with it. The battles were too difficult, and I never felt like I was progressing at all after each fight, which really made battles feel pointless. Can you tell me what exactly you changed this time around?
author=NicoB
I don't know man. While I'd love to continue it for Slimey's sake, I did have a lot of issues with it. The battles were too difficult, and I never felt like I was progressing at all after each fight, which really made battles feel pointless. Can you tell me what exactly you changed this time around?

Fortunately, the early battles actually are easier! Mainly because of a lowered AGI stat. Also fixed about battles is a lot of the TP shit. All normal attacks consume only 5 TP(as opposed to up to 10 for the monster before), and the TP is set to start at 10 every battle instead of something random.

Also, this goes without saying, but the full version has a lot more to explore. You can find a lot of great stuff without even fighting to help with fighting. Also, there really is no need to fight every battle! If you need a boost in power, there's an arena where you can get a crazy amount of gold. Basically, if you're tired of fighting or are stuck, explore! Then go back to fighting. Though if that's not your cup of tea, I understand.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from NicoB
While there were definitely some stellar levels among the....other ones from SRB3, I'm not sure I want to go and replay all the ones I've already done. But I know you're a Mario connoisseur, so I'm sure you picked out some awesome ones...let me think it over.
Fair enough. 28 of All-Stars' levels came from SRB3, but that's just a little more than half of what was put in the game, and you definitely didn't get to all of them. There are no more secret stars, so you wouldn't have to play any levels twice. Also, tweaks and adjustments were made to patch up the levels, so you'd have a lot fewer issues playing them. It's up to you, though.
@MrDetective: (Saw your comment before you deleted it) I don't know man, something that is pretty original and isn't some type of fan game, and something more than just your typical RPG Maker game.
@Zeuzio: Those sound like some welcome changes! I will definitely keep it in mind then. Will I be able to transfer my old save or will I have to start all over again?
@hali: Oh, thank God...those secret stars were the bane of my existence. I may give it another go then (although I saw that Ghost House level was in there; that one made me want to tear my hair out).

Been awhile since I've updated you guys, so here are some of the series I've been going through these days. I'm also nearing 2k subscribers as well, so woohoo!

If you're looking for a nice alternative to Minecraft, check out Don't Starve, a grueling survival game with some charming artwork and characters. It's still in beta, but it has a ton of potential and receives new content regularly!

Don't Starve LP

Another game that has truly been a joy to play through is The Cat Lady. It takes all of the fun of point-and-click adventure games and wraps it in a dark but completely engaging story. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend giving it a looksie.

The Cat Lady LP

Or if you're up for something totally out there, check out Slendytubbies. It's exactly what it sounds like: Slender and Teletubbies mashed together. Definitely a bizarre one, but still pretty hilarious.

Slendytubbies LP

I hope you all enjoy. Stay classy, guys!
halibabica
from NicoB
I may give it another go then (although I saw that Ghost House level was in there; that one made me want to tear my hair out).

You'll be happy to know I nerfed the back half of that level pretty well. The invisible platforms are now much easier to navigate, and there's a couple power-ups before the mini-boss.
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
Since you’re up for playing SMBX games again want o try out the Castle – Masterpiece Set? It’s only 30 levels and you’ll be happy to know there are no secret stars their either.
Hey guys,

I know I don't really stop by here as often as I used to, but it felt necessary to post this video here as well since this where it all really began for these LPs. It's been exactly a year since I started doing these videos, and I really have to thank you all for supporting me; and also providing me some awesome games to play as well! :) I made a quick little video looking back on how it started.

Cheers, guys. ^ ^
Are you still doing these?

Could I tempt you into trying the stupidest game ever? I made it mainly through copy and paste.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2542/
Sadly, I don't think he's doing LP's of our games anymore, only market titles. Which is more than incredibly disappointing. :/
He does RM LPs but you need to request in his YT and if it interests him.
halibabica
from TheRexion
Sadly, I don't think he's doing LP's of our games anymore, only market titles. Which is more than incredibly disappointing. :/

Nico has forgotten his roots in his sudden popularity.
That's right. Which is why he must try my game. It's anti-professional.

(Somehow, the fact that the game has both crossdressing and Cthulhu in it, probably bans it from any and all consideration)
@Rexion: I actually did one video of your game, but I stopped because I didn't like it. It's still on my channel, just check it out!
@hali: I have not forgotten my roots! It's just become difficult these days since now I'm trying to find games that appeal to my audience as well. It's made me much pickier about what games I play.
author=NicoB
@Rexion: I actually did one video of your game, but I stopped because I didn't like it. It's still on my channel, just check it out!

I saw when you released it, and I also saw that you stopped because something was messed up event-wise and that you couldn't continue even if you wanted to. But oh well.
halibabica
from NicoB
I have not forgotten my roots! It's just become difficult these days since now I'm trying to find games that appeal to my audience as well. It's made me much pickier about what games I play.

It's one thing to try to please them and another thing to cater to them. Deciding what to play shouldn't be a difficult choice. I understand it's important to keep your audience happy, but when that becomes your exclusive goal...you lose something. You can't let it be all about them.

Honestly, I liked you a lot better when you weren't trying so hard. Do you remember how you got in this position in the first place? It's because Cry was generous enough to invite you to his livestream. He's a Let's Player you could definitely learn something from. He manages to keep his audience happy while remaining true to himself. He doesn't try to force his humor or be deliberately entertaining. It may not sound like the best approach, but he has a very strong following, and that genuine aspect of him is a big part of why I still watch him.

Maybe you're true to yourself too, and what you put up really is just your sense of humor, but I can't tell. All I know is Desert Nightmare was the last LP of yours I truly enjoyed, and it hasn't been as good since.
Yeah NicoB, I really think you should just do what you like instead of cracking your brain (if you are) just to please your audience. It's not like you're obligated to please them, you know? They're not paying you for the videos or anything. Not trying to be crude about this, but just stick to what you like.

Though if pleasing your audience is indeed what you genuinely enjoy, then by all means, go ahead.
author=halibabica
Maybe you're true to yourself too.

I don't know about you but NicoB has been the same since his first and last videos. And if you talk to him in Skype and stuff before all of this that's really his sense of humor.
Not what I meant, guys. I just meant that appealing to the audience has become a new factor. If I don't want to play the game, then I'm not going to. I still pick games that appeal to me, much more so in fact than I did when I started. And truthfully, I was getting tired of playing only RPG Maker games. After a while, a lot of the games started to feel samey and it began to lose its appeal.

I've always been my honest in every one of my videos. I'm not trying to force my humor, I'm just being myself. I'm sorry that you haven't liked my videos since Desert Nightmare, but I've never tried to be anyone else in my videos.
halibabica
from Archeia_Nessiah
I don't know about you but NicoB has been the same since his first and last videos. And if you talk to him in Skype and stuff before all of this that's really his sense of humor.

I'd describe our relationship as 'internet acquaintances' so I only know what I see (which is hardly knowing at all). I guess things aren't quite as they appear. Still, some of your tendencies do irk me. Like how you can manage to find Slimey or Mickey in literally any game you play, and how long your sex jokes drag on sometimes. Some people find that funny, but I grew weary of it.

I can totally understand RM games getting samey after a while, though. That's the unfortunate nature of our hobby. Surely you can see how we'd think you left it all behind, though. Heck, the earlier posts on this page are entire months apart. Keep going as you see fit, but I hope you at least get where I'm coming from.