INDIE GAME: THE MOVIE

Pages: first 123 next last
My hipsterometer broke.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Would watch

Would probably not pay $15 to watch, but only because homeless people with cardboard signs make more money than me

Let me know when it airs on the discovery channel or the science channel or netflix or basically anywhere other than their own website, and I will be super interested.
Where's my overly-dramatic indie gamer montage? How long do you have to be an "Indie Game Maker" before you get an overly-dramatic montage? Did they cover that in orientation? They probably did. I skipped orientation though. The room was full of hipsters.
I've heard some really good things about this documentary and I'm looking forward to seeing it when I have the chance.
author=LockeZ
homeless people with cardboard signs make more money than me

There's a guy who comes into our shop every day who stands on the corner with a sign. He's on disability, unemployment, welfare and makes about $60-$100 a day standing on the corner.

He was fired from his job for showing up to work drunk and getting in a car accident in a state vehicle. Thats how he got on disability and unemployment.

The system is broken.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
author=Irili
Where's my overly-dramatic indie gamer montage? How long do you have to be an "Indie Game Maker" before you get an overly-dramatic montage? Did they cover that in orientation? They probably did. I skipped orientation though. The room was full of hipsters.

idk, i am sure it is hard to grasp when your scope of design does not go beyond rtp chipsets and move char right.
author=TFT
author=Irili
idk, i am sure it is hard to grasp when your scope of design does not go beyond rtp chipsets and move char right.

Haha! So true. :D
"My whole career has been me trying to find new ways to communicate with people because I desperately want to communicate with people, but I don't want the messy interaction of having to make friends and talk to people because I probably won't like them."

"It's not just a game. I'm so closely attached to it, this is my identity - it's Fez. I'm 'guy making Fez.'"
(later) "If this fails, like, I don't think I'll work in games again."

"I'm like in a fucking concentration camp. If you can't get the work done, then the past two years are basically worth nothing.

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Although "what the fuck is that?" probably sums up my entire INDIE CAREER~
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Love how they're all pale and super-hairy.

EDIT: Also, the guy at 1:50 looks ridiculously like tardis.
"I'm the guy who put a new skin on Cave Story, and then added rotation. It's called Fez"
Hipsters, huh?
I don't know if there's any greater humiliation than realising that you belong to a sub-culture of people who exempt themselves from sub-cultures.
_|^|o
so many beards

so many glasses

so much glockenspiel

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THE GLOCKENSPIEL OTL
What's with my wonky new title? o.o;
Looks like I've levelled up or something.
I'll watch this once it's on Netflix or something.
The movie looks quite boring, frankly. If it all is going to be like this trailer, I'll certainly fall asleep within minutes. I hope the end result is more documentary-like and more about the actual indie game-making biz, and less about a 'dramatic' peek at the lives and the emotions of them poor, misunderstood indie game designers. xP
As far as I've read it's pretty much about the personal struggles of the teams in question, rather than any overarching view on the "indie gaming biz".

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2012/3/5/gdc-2012-indie-game-the-movie.html
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
lasted fifty seconds, this is worth 3 out of 5 Design the Skylines

EDIT: Clicked to see tardis, that is not tardis at all what are you talking about, "goofy hair" != "looks anything like tardis"
Pages: first 123 next last