MAFIA: WITCH HUNT GAME THREAD

Rules

1. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate without a legitimate reason, you are at high risk of being modkilled/replaced.

2. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

3. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore in this thread anymore. You can still cheer on your team/partner from the sidelines, though. You can also chat about the game in the dead lounge thread, but you can't reveal secrets that you've learned while playing or share your suspicions(dead men tell no tales!)

4. DON'T EDIT POSTS: This kind of goes with No Cheating. If you make a mistake, it stays as it is. Editing posts will result first in a warning, and second in a modkill. However, if you make an accidental double post, feel free edit that out.

Voting

Proper Format(bold is most important, though):
#Lynch Zeuzio
#Cancel
#No Lynch

How a majority is reached:
1) When enough players have voted to reach a majority (i.e. if there are 10 people, 6 votes on someone would be a majority).

2) When all players have voted, the person with the most votes will be lynched.

3) If the day's deadline for votes and discussion are reached, whoever has the most votes at the time gets the lynch. It will be a no-lynch if there are no votes.

Setup

There are 3 Witches.
There are 8 Villagers.
There is 1 Independent.

Player List

1. Despite - Mason
2. chana - Hexproof
3. Gourd_Clae - Doctor
4. rabitZ - Seductress
5. arcan - Tracker
6. LockeZ - Watcher
7. Dudesoft - Mason
8. Shinan - Mason
9. Little Wing Guy - Survivor Cop
10. SorceressKyrsty - Seer
11. Happy - Dark Lord
12. Trihan - Cop

If anyone didn't get their role for some reason, or has a question about what their role is about, shoot me a PM. Have fun, guys and gals!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the first day of the witch trials, and each villager is on edge. Some more than others. The witches are among them, but who are they? The sun beats down on the weary village as they begin the voting...

Day 1 has begun.

It will end at 7:00 PM PST on March 17, or when a majority vote is reached. With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
OK let's get this party started.

#Lynch chana

Look at her avatar, she's a witch!
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Your reasoning is rather flimsy there, champ. Awfully quick on the trigger finger, if you know what I mean. Veeeery suspicious, says I...
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Despite
OK let's get this party started.

#Lynch chana

Look at her avatar, she's a witch!

Speaking of avatars, yours reminds me very much of a minion of the witch-kin! ;o
Despite
Actually seifer was a witch minion.
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Despite
Actually seifer was a witch minion.

Pfft.

I'd claim he was a good guy in the end, but unfortunately I can't remember a a crap about FF8's plot anymore!
Despite
Sounds suspicious.

The good ol "i dont remember" line!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Agree with Trihan, a bit quick on the judgment there, weird, weird, something to hide... ? though it could be out of pure thoughtlessnes, the very decisive reasoning of Trihan and happy could be more seriously suspicious?
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Despite
Sounds suspicious.

The good ol "i dont remember" line!

heh, I don't think anyone has been very suspicious yet. Hard to accuse anyone at this point.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Let suspicious everyone!
Actually, I'll just wait for a little more people to post, before deciding for the day.

PS: Look at my avatar... I'm the archangel of justice! :)
Despite
author=chana
Agree with Trihan, a bit quick on the judgment there, weird, weird, something to hide... ? though it could be out of pure thoughtlessnes, the very decisive reasoning of Trihan and happy could be more seriously suspicious?

stop with the witch talk!

its a curse!
Let's burn some witches!

author=chana
though it could be out of pure thoughtlessnes, the very decisive reasoning of Trihan and happy could be more seriously suspicious?

The most sneaky thing here would be the fact that both Despite and chana are witches, Despite sacrificing himself to prove chana's "innocence", when in fact both are witches.

Of course this is all for nothing because it's Despite and chana we're talking about so there's no way they're working together.

But yeah LET'S BURN SOME WITCHES!
Happy
Devil's in the details
on a side note: editing posts was against the rules, though I did forget it myself, too. Going to avoid it from now on.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I would like to put it to the village that we abstain from voting today, until we have more information.
author=rabitZ
Let suspicious everyone!
Actually, I'll just wait for a little more people to post, before deciding for the day.

PS: Look at my avatar... I'm the archangel of justice! :)

I'll probably do it that way too.
chana
author=Happy
Pfft.I'd claim he was a good guy in the end, but unfortunately I can't remember a a crap about FF8's plot anymore!
heh,I don't think anyone has been very suspicious yet. Hard to accuse anyone at this point.

First quote : somewhat violent refutation + the reasoning is not too coherent
second quote : seeing that Despite is spot on, attempt to retreat to a blander position, with the definitive argument that it's "Hard to accuse anyone at this point.", which is not convincing.

Right or wrong, I say : #Lynch Happy

Edit : sorry Trihan hadn't seen your post (I'm a slow typer), still, I'll hold my point unless the majority is against voting today.
Chana you look REALLY suspicious about now...
chana
Just trying to make something of something, not much I must concede, still, I think my point holds.
chana, stop editing posts please. Just make a new post.

Current Vote Count:
chana: 1 --- Despite
Happy: 1 --- chana

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Remember: You can #cancel or #nolynch.
Despite
you stay away from me you blasphemous heathen bastards