MAFIA: WITCH HUNT GAME THREAD

Happy
Devil's in the details
Argh, this is getting so confusing. I may be just losing my focus, though.

Many people start to seem suspicious to me suddenly, and I can't decide between them.

LockeZ: There's no way proving that you are what you say you are. You could easily make up who's visiting who and this way make certain people seem guilty. Now that I think about it, it seems like rather convenient way of fooling people.

LWG: He's dead neutral. Only explaining the game. It seems just very suspicious to me, too. Also his pervious post could be an attempt to defend Lockez in case they're both witches. Also, at this point chana would be framed as one.

Kyrsty: I can't read her at all.

Despite: If Lockez is telling the truth, Despite might not seem as guilty anymore, but I honestly don't know anymore. Lockez saying he's the watcher just made him more suspicious to me than Despite.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
Kill lockeZ

God wills it!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=Happy
LockeZ: There's no way proving that you are what you say you are. You could easily make up who's visiting who and this way make certain people seem guilty. Now that I think about it, it seems like rather convenient way of fooling people.
Yes, but he could have been wrong, wouldn't that be taking a risk?
Despite says : "Kill LockeZ", does that mean he knows he's lying or does it mean he knows he's not lying, proving this way that he (Despite) is a witch?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Like I said, given one night, I can prove it. You tell me who to watch, I tell you who visited them. Everyone knows whether they visited that person and can call me out if I am wrong.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That's in combination with the, if my math is right, 13.5% chance of correctly guessing the first two nights.
chana
If what LockeZ says is true : Trihan visited Despite night 1 and could have discovered he was a witch, then he had to be killed by the witches, his death would be proof that Despite is a witch, no?
author=LockeZ
Like I said, given one night, I can prove it. You tell me who to watch, I tell you who visited them. Everyone knows whether they visited that person and can call me out if I am wrong.

Who you should watch is a likely witch target. I'm going on the assumption that you are what you say you are. If you check who visits whoever is killed then we can be sure to catch at least one of our killers.

Now the witches can play this a number of ways. The obvious route is to kill you because you have proven you have a fairly useful role under the right circumstances. Of course it seems enough people are still suspicious of you (though I bet most of them are witches trying to seed doubt) so that might work in your favour.

Other witch targets are people who are innocent. If your role is correct Despite is innocent. Now Despite is being Despite and I don't know what he is doing, but it might work in keeping him alive overnight.

Now if you announce who you are going to watch tonight and the witches decide NOT to attack you you can be sure that both you and whoever you watched is not going to be attacked. Because they don't want to show themselves.

What I mean to say is 1) that you can protect someone by announcing you're going to watch them. 2) that you are most likely to die tonight.

Now taking what LockeZ is saying at face value each one of us know three innocent people except LockeZ and Despite who only know two.

I for one would like to see the lynching of Happy happen. He's a bit vague. Now RabitZ was also a bit vague and "on the fence". If this was real life we could tell by the body language that both of these people were lying through their teeth.

Now I'm only about 80% sure Happy is a witch, so I could be wrong and there's enough unknown factors to go around. What I do know is that we will not follow Kyrsty's idea of not lynching because as I said in previous math this is essentially our last "non-essential" lynch. If we don't lynch today the next lynch must hit a target.

Speaking of Kyrsty I'm also fairly certain she's our second witch. But that one I'm not nearly as certain about as I am of Happy's witchcraft and devilry.

Of course all my reasoning is based on LockeZ not lying. So if anyone's got any counterclaiming to do please do so now so I can change my mind :)
author=chana
If what LockeZ says is true : Trihan visited Despite night 1 and could have discovered he was a witch, then he had to be killed by the witches, his death would be proof that Despite is a witch, no?

The witches wouldn't know Trihan knew what Despite was until the following day. They (or the vigilante) picked Trihan randomly.
LockeZ
author=chana

That's not proof. Not only are there tons of other reasons why he could have been killed, but I don't think there's any way Despite could know he was found out. Also I don't think it makes a lick of sense for a witch to block the actions of another witch, thus rabitZ visiting him is enough proof of his innocence for me.
author=Happy
LWG: He's dead neutral. Only explaining the game. It seems just very suspicious to me, too. Also his pervious post could be an attempt to defend Lockez in case they're both witches. Also, at this point chana would be framed as one.

Kyrsty: I can't read her at all.

Ahhh! Spotlight! I don’t feel like I’m defending LockeZ, I just believe him. Based on the game we’ve been playing so far (no dead vanilla roles whatsoever) Watcher seems really plausible, and I’ve seen the role before. I know I’m dead neutral >_< I play the overly cautious whether I’m Mafia or Town, so I don’t blame you.

So far, Kyrsty is only guilty of being quiet. Yeah, it’s a suspicious trait in this game, but unfortunately there are always quiet players in Mafia games. Yeah I’m weary of her, but I can’t chalk one up on the basis “she’s quiet”. I don’t want to lynch Happy either.

LockeZ, like I said, I’m happy enough for you to watch me, but you should just go for whoever seems the most suspicious personally.

author=chana

God, you’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to Despite. Honestly, you could just be really new to the game, and I’ve got it all wrong, but I feel like I‘ve got no where else to go. I’m throwing my vote down, for now and we’ll see what happens. Sorry!

#Lynch Chana
Oh wait, Kyrsty did a last second bandwagon. Forgot about that!
I know chana is annoying as hell and we'd all like to see her lynched. But she's not a witch.
chana
"God, you’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to Despite."
!!! I've always thought Despite was not a witch until the very last posts, seeing everything has to be considered. Yes, I'm totally new to this game.... and having a hell of a time figuring it out.
chana
I'm getting a bit tired of all this so I say, what I've "felt" from the beginning :
#Lynch Happy
Current Vote Count:

LockeZ: 1 --- Despite
SorceressKyrsty: 1 --- LockeZ
chana: 1 --- Little Wing Guy
Happy: 2 --- Shinan, chana

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. This day will end at 5:00PM PST on March 23rd.
Happy
Devil's in the details
As for my defense about my vagueness: It may be the result how I go about thinking and writing. If it makes us similar with rabitZ, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a witch too.

I'm not a witch, but I do have a role too, though I'd rather not reveal it. I'm going to vote for Lockez, because his theory is taking me towards the stake rather fast.

And about proving his role - he can't really do it. He can easily make up whether someone visited someone or not, there's no way for us knowing, unless we use our own role for that. Which is what I'm going to use in case I survive day.

Lynch Lockez
author=Zeuzio
Current Vote Count:LockeZ: 1 --- Despite
SorceressKyrsty: 1 --- LockeZ
Happy: 2 --- Shinan, chana

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. This day will end at 5:00PM PST on March 23rd.

You forgot LWG's vote for chana.
author=Shinan
You forgot LWG's vote for chana.

Derp. Fixed it.

Thanks for pointing it out. :)
Okay this kind of settles it for me. I’m ready to be honest and I hope this isn't stupid of me.

I’ve noticed, (especially throughout the last few posts) that Chana and Shinan and backing each other up for no real reason. And just now they’ve bandwagoned together on Happy. Proof:

author=chana
Apparently nothing, in wich case I would definitely leave out Shinan as a witch, he's obviously much too stup... whatever to play any kind of game (in the sense of comedy : for Shinan).

author=Shinan
I'm inclined to believe that Chana isn't a witch. Sticking to my theory that would mean Happy is a witch. Which I find not at all unreasonable.

author=Shinan
I know chana is annoying as hell and we'd all like to see her lynched. But she's not a witch.

Okay, here’s the deal. We’re not lynching Happy. Happy is innocent. I know for a fact he’s innocent, though I don’t know his role. I really wanted LockeZ to watch me tonight so he would be indeed be able to see I am a Independent cop. That was the reason I asked him twice. I'm only coming out now with my role incase a bandwagon with Happy occurs. On night one I investigated Trihan. =(

I know this is proper, proper lame but:

author=Little Wing Guy
There’s no way the independent is a killer role.

I tried to show here that I am the Independent, as slyly as possible, as not be found out. I intentionally didn’t speculate, and said outright that independent was not a killer, because… well I’m not a killer.

If my entire plan has just backfired to fuck, and you think that me and Happy and witches together. Then that really sucks for me. In that case, I’d rather you put me in the firing line and not Happy. If I’m lynched today, then Happy will be killed at night. But! LockeZ, you’ll able to watch Shinan or Chana, and together with Despite , you can hopefully win. Phew!

Also, in that event, if you are the vigilante Happy, then shoot one of them because you’re gonna die tonight.
author=Little Wing Guy
So far, Kyrsty is only guilty of being quiet. Yeah, it’s a suspicious trait in this game, but unfortunately there are always quiet players in Mafia games. Yeah I’m weary of her, but I can’t chalk one up on the basis “she’s quiet”. I don’t want to lynch Happy either.

LockeZ, like I said, I’m happy enough for you to watch me, but you should just go for whoever seems the most suspicious personally.

Forgot to put those in my post.