DEMONDESTINY'S ANIME TOPIC!!!

Pages: first 123 next last
I remember Gredlen having one of these but i can't be bothered looking for it so here is a new one. If there are any anime fans out here then come here and discuss what has basically taken over my life. Discuss.

Some of my favourite animes include:

Death Note.
The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
One Piece.
Burst Angel.

Plus a load more. I have been into anime for years and years and am starting to get into it even more now.
Mine:
Cowboy Bebop
Bleach
Fate/Stay Night

Those are the only animes i've watched. I do like them but I don't really have time to get into many of them. What is the deal with Death Note btw? Everyone seems to worship it nowadays. It doesn't seem all that to me.
Yeah, death note is voted to be one of the popular anime ever made. It only has 38 episodes though so it's a very short series, but still i'm a massive fan. 8)

EDIT: Why is it that you go to leet when you reach 1337 posts?
Current favourites are:

Bleach
Naruto
Fruits Basket
Witch Hunter Robin
One Piece

Surprisingly I only just got on to Bleach. Well, it surprised me, anyway. ^.^

Of course all the mangas are better. XP
Yeah i quite enjoy the mangas as well. I haven't really been into bleach for very long but i have started to collect the dvds and the manga of course. Naruto as well is a classic favourite of mine. Has a really good story to it.
Hayao Miyazaki's stuff is probably the best stuff I've seen. As for series stuff, Fullmetal Alchemist is really good, with Bleach and Naruto trailing behind. Death Note is pretty good too.

The show that's impressed me most recently, though, is Paranioa Agent by Satoshi Kon. It isn't the best anime I've ever seen, but it's still really awesome and has officially got me interested in the director. The first episode's a bit slow (still creepy, though) but once you get to the second it gets really good. It also has one of the craziest openings ever.
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Gungrave
Deathnote
Bleach
Fatal Fury
Claymore
Naruto-not the new shipuden or w/e they are called
Flame of Recca
Samurai7
Samurai Champloo
used to LOVE Dragon Ball, Z
still like Dragon Ball

Yeah, i'm in love with Miyazaki's films as well. Spirited away is definitely my favourite. I watch that film at least once a week. Howls moving castle is a good one and so is Princess Mononoke.
My favorites are:

Bleach
Karas
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Scrapped Princess
Last Exile
Flame of Recca
Yu Yu Hakusho
Mai Hime
Outlaw Star
Vandread
Tsubasa" Reservoir Chronicles
I don't really watch a lot of anime. I used to love Dragonball Z, but that was before I even knew what anime was.

I actually still dig DBZ, if maybe for the nostalgia factor.

I have also seen a little bit of Naruto, that was alright.

Not to much besides that though.
author=iamnot link=topic=1049.msg14905#msg14905 date=1210109350
I don't really watch a lot of anime. I used to love Dragonball Z, but that was before I even knew what anime was.

Your entire anime experience has been Naruto and DBZ..? I really feel bad for you. You need to watch a Miyazaki movie.
Yes, you just have to watch a film made by Miyazaki. Watching dragon ball Z as a kid was fun as well, i only collected the first box set of it though. I collected all of dragon ball as well which was quite good despite how old it is. It was made in like 1986.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Spirited Away
It was a great movie I own th movie I tried so hard to find it also, it's a great story full with wonder.

Princess Mononoke
Also another good one though I believe the teh title needs changing

Kiki's Delivery Service
I know I'm male but I loved this movie

Tokyo Godfather's
An awesome and more mature anime about whats life out on the streets.

Blood: The Last Vampire
Very gorey but a great movie none the less.

Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball
Death Note
Gundam Seed Destiny
Outlaw Star(Favorite)
Ruroni Kenshin
I don't watch anime. I tried FLCL, Lane and some mainstream crap, but it wasn't really interesting at all. Well, okay, I admit; Spirited Away, Metropolis and Akira are pretty good, but that's probably because they're movies; I'm not too fond of series at all.
Lately I've really been into Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I finally got around to watching Gurren Lagann and have fallen completely in love with it, too--it dispelled all the lingering badness that had been sewn by Evangelion. One of my favorite things about Gurren Lagann is that even as it makes fun of mecha anime, it really shows how much it loves the genre. It's not like Evangelion, where it feels like Anno really sort of hated the genre deep down--it's more like a Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright movie, where a fan points out how silly the whole thing is, but is totally comfortable with that.

In less recent terms, I think my favorite series of all time is Ouran High School Host Club. Ouran and SZS both have some sort of weird sensibility about them that are just outright amazing. They've got these weird styles of direction in the animated versions that just suit their senses of humor so perfectly. It's funny, because I still can't quite put my finger on what the similarity between them is (they're very different shows), but I definitely feel one, and that little element is probably what makes me love them both so much. I actually just got the first volume of the Ouran manga yesterday. It's bloody gorgeous, but it's taking some getting used to....the anime's director really added something to the series that as of yet isn't present in the manga.

OAV-wise, my favorite is FLCL. I'm not sure if I like FLCL more than Ouran or not, because I do love them both to a ridiculous degree.
Hmmm....

Spirited Away

Bleach

Naruto

And i cant believe no one has this (I think) AVATAR! last airbender ;D

i cant believe no one has this too! My neighbor Totoro!

and thats all!
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Ugh, I hate the vast majority of anime. However, I do love Ayakashi Mononoke, Princess Mononoke, and some other works by Hayao Miazaki/Satoshi Kon. I think the only regular series anime that I liked was Cowboy Bebop because it had a very unique panache to it.
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=1049.msg14906#msg14906 date=1210109659
author=iamnot link=topic=1049.msg14905#msg14905 date=1210109350

Your entire anime experience has been Naruto and DBZ..? I really feel bad for you. You need to watch a Miyazaki movie.

I guess, I just haven't really gotten around to watching much. I'll look into it.

Also I remembered I watched Princess Mononoke, that was pretty awesome, if a bit slow at parts.
author=Ninjoscorpio link=topic=1049.msg14980#msg14980 date=1210127788

I never really got into avatar that much. I played a game of it and that totally sucked. I quite enjoyed the film Grave of the fireflies which is another studio ghibli film but wasn't made by Miyazaki. It's set in japan in the second world war and is about a brother and sisters survival. It was a very well made film.
author=demondestiny link=topic=1049.msg15038#msg15038 date=1210139017
author=Ninjoscorpio link=topic=1049.msg14980#msg14980 date=1210127788

I never really got into avatar that much. I played a game of it and that totally sucked. I quite enjoyed the film Grave of the fireflies which is another studio ghibli film but wasn't made by Miyazaki. It's set in japan in the second world war and is about a brother and sisters survival. It was a very well made film.

WHAAAT??? watch the series, its a whole lot better than the game! Series games suck... its just another way to advertise the series or movie... try out the series! but skip to season 4 or 5. the first 3 seasons are ok, but a lot more action in season 4
Pages: first 123 next last