MAFIA: ROUND 2 (LOUNGE/SIGN-UPS)

RMN MAFIA CHAPTER XYZ:

"Choose your own Theme!"

The Setup

This time, you can vote for whichever theme you want to go with from a list of possible themes.
Or you can suggest one of your own and add to the pool!

Whichever theme has the most votes by the deadline will be what we go with, for better or worse!

What is Mafia?

author=Wikipedia
Mafia is a party game modelling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either "mafia", who know each other; or "townspeople", who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's "night" phase the mafia covertly 'murder' a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople.

How to Play

The Roles:

Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The contents of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia, and Independent.

Town
If you are part of the town, then your objective is to stay alive and try to find out who the scum are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not.

Mafia(Witches)
The mafia, on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the town. They can communicate with other mafia members outside the thread in any way they please. During the night, they send a PM to the host(in this case me) telling me which townie they want to kill. If all goes according to their plan(which it might not), then that townie will be dead--thus cannot post or vote--for the rest of the game.

Independents
The goal of an independent role is to simply stay alive until the end of the game. They have no set alliance, and can side with either the town or the mafia. An independent must be alive at the game's conclusion to win, unlike town or mafia members.

If all mafia members are killed, then The Town Wins!
If enough villagers are killed that they can't lynch the witches, then The Mafia Wins!

Game Structure:

The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched(note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.

Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the mafia's kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

Voting should look like this:

#Lynch Zeuzio or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
And yes, you need the bold.

If you are playing, READ THIS

1. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled.

2. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

3. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. You can still cheer on your team/partner from the sidelines, though. I might make a separate thread for the actual game once it starts, making this thread a sort of "dead lounge" where dead players can chat.

4. DON'T EDIT POSTS: This kind of goes with No Cheating. If you make a mistake, it stays as it is. Editing posts will result first in a warning, and second in a modkill. However, if you make an accidental double post, feel free edit that out(though I guess that's not supposed to happen much in RMN4.2.)

Sign-ups

Sign-ups are now FULL.

1. LockeZ
2. MirrorMasq
3. Trihan
4. Shinan
5. Yellow Magic
6. MrChearlie
7. CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
8. Dudesoft
9. Gourd_Clae
10. SorceressKyrsty
11. chana
12. Marrend
13. Despite
14. Idida1
15. Happy
16. rabitZ

Themes

Current Themes/Vote Count:
Voting is now closed.

FF8 Cannibalism Mafia

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia: 4
Space Station Mafia: 2
Cannibal Mafia: 7

Nazis vs. Jews Mafia: 0
My Little Mafia: 0
TMNT Mafia: 0
Titanic Mafia: 0
Garfield Mafia: 0
Clue Mafia: 0
Pokémon Mafia: 0

The theme will be decided based on what has the most votes on April 4th, 2012.

Any ties will be decided by me.

If you're having trouble understanding the game and how it works, feel free to ask questions!
Or take a look at some previous mafia games on RMN.

Hunters: The Mafia
Iron Gaia Mafia
Final Fantasy Mafia
Mafia: Witch Hunt

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sign me up, and add one vote to the FF8 theme.
I'm in, vote for Space Station theme.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I propose that we do My Little Mafia, the ruleset used in M17 on Talking Time: http://www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=12616
author=Trihan
I propose that we do My Little Mafia, the ruleset used in M17 on Talking Time: http://www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=12616

At first I was worried that, since I've never even seen the show, I wouldn't be able to write effective flavor.

Now I realize how humorous it would be if I tried to write flavor for this. It probably won't be the same setup if we go with this, but the option is now there.

EDIT:

Just got the idea for TMNT mafia from kentona. It'd take some research on my part, but it seems pretty doable.
Shock site mafia.
Shinan is playing, and voted for Space Station.

author=Clyve
Shock site mafia.

Er, no thanks.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Ooh, me, me, me, me!

FFVIII theme gets my vote 8D
author=kentona
TMNT Mafia

I already counted your vote from IRC. Creating a new theme means your vote automatically goes toward it until you change it. :)

author=Yellow Magic
Ooh, me, me, me, me!

FFVIII theme gets my vote 8D

Welcome aboard!
my little mafia or TMNT mafia... shit this is difficult... My vote goes to My little mafia.
+1 for Nazis.

Also...

author=MrChearlie
my little mafia or TMNT mafia... shit this is difficult... My vote goes to My little mafia.

Are you playing, or just voting for a theme? It would help tremendously if you would tell me what you are and are not doing in your posts!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I'll play, and vote for Nazis, if only because it seems the simplest...
@Zeuzio : would it be possiblr to have just a list of the roles or all the possible roles, so as not to make it too simple, so the people who haven't played much are not completely lost? or not?
author=chana
I'll play, and vote for Nazis, if only because it seems the simplest...
@Zeuzio : would it be possiblr to have just a list of the roles or all the possible roles, so as not to make it too simple, so the people who haven't played much are not completely lost? or not?

It depends on what theme gets picked, I think. As for the Nazi one, I'd likely have the same method as last time: reveal how many of each party there are, but not the specific roles.
author=Zeuzio
Are you playing, or just voting for a theme? It would help tremendously if you would tell me what you are and are not doing in your posts!

oh, sorry for that, yes I am in ;)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Hello, I would like to play, the game. I vote for space station because Garfield is not gonna win and everything else is bad.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sign me up.

+1 vote for TMNT Mafia
Ooh, I'll play again!
Add a vote for NazisActually Clue sounds like a better idea.
DOUBLEPOST Welp, it's like I'm still playing mafia.