SO, WHAT'S THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THESE FORUMS AND FORUMS.RPGMAKERWEB.COM?

Pages: first prev 12 last
author=Touchfuzzy
I'm also curious as to what threads this would be. I know I've put a kibosh on forum games, mostly because they aren't really conducive to actually discussing anything, but I'm curious as to what discussions were shut down that you think is infringing any freedom of speech?

It's just that, though. Threads that aren't conducive to large discussions get closed, instead of just left to die. It just seems unnecessary. Forum games are one of those things that can be fun and can get people who are too intimated to post in other threads more involved in the community. Just because something isn't productive, it doesn't mean it's harmful. Unless someone is spamming a thread that no one else posts in, I just don't see the reason to close threads. (Which happens all the time over there).

Don't get me wrong, I love both sites. I just feel like things are run a little more iron fisted over there, where over here people are allowed to make idiots out of themselves without the staff's help.
Ah, okay. I am wrong, I just never heard of RMN pre-2009. XD
So maybe it is a bit older then I thought.
Relationship Status changed to "It's Complicated..."

author=tpasmall
Don't get me wrong, I love both sites. I just feel like things are run a little more iron fisted over there, where over here people are allowed to make idiots out of themselves without the staff's help.
Sometimes the staff helps people make idiots of themselves.
And, to some people, it just comes naturally and completely unintentionally!
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
The text editor is as annoying as hell over there. Maybe it's just Chrome. But they have a sexy black theme.
hint hint
author=Adon237
The text editor is as annoying as hell over there. Maybe it's just Chrome. But they have a sexy black theme.
hint hint

Chrome and IPB3 do not get along. They get complaints about it all the time. Hopefully they fix that shit.

(seriously, I love the IPB3 forum software because the admin cp and just whole style of the forum is very well done, but fucking chrome breaks the rich text editor.)
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Touchfuzzy
author=Adon237
hint hint
Chrome and IPB3 do not get along. They get complaints about it all the time. Hopefully they fix that shit.

(seriously, I love the IPB3 forum software because the admin cp and just whole style of the forum is very well done, but fucking chrome breaks the rich text editor.)

it's obviously really amazing, but chrome is all spazzy with it, so :(
That's a shame, I use Chrome as my default browser.
author=Solitayre
author=Touchfuzzy
Also, I would point out that the whole "WE ARE THE OLD CROWD" thing that RMN carries around is part of the reason this site comes off elitist at times (To be a veteran RMer and make good games, you have to have been doing it for AT LEAST FIVE YEARS (something I saw on this site once that made me laugh))
We've been trying to shed this image as of late (is it working?)

author=Darken
jokes on you, that's actually a fact

I'll just say that I think the world of some of you guys, but there is a reason that I would say no, it isn't working.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Touchfuzzy
author=Solitayre
author=Touchfuzzy
Also, I would point out that the whole "WE ARE THE OLD CROWD" thing that RMN carries around is part of the reason this site comes off elitist at times (To be a veteran RMer and make good games, you have to have been doing it for AT LEAST FIVE YEARS (something I saw on this site once that made me laugh))
We've been trying to shed this image as of late (is it working?)
author=Darken
jokes on you, that's actually a fact

I'll just say that I think the world of some of you guys, but there is a reason that I would say no, it isn't working.

Fair enough. And to be quite honest, some of us think the world of you too :D
My personal take on this is that RMN has always been (and probably always will be) first and foremost a game hosting site. It's quick and easy to access games from all the makers, and to get easy feedback on the games you are hosting. Other sites do not appear to have the flexibility that RMN has in hosting their games, as they generally are done through the forums elsewhere.

That said, other forums (RRR, Ace, VX, and now RMWeb) have always had a better forum layout than what RMN has. It's easier to navigate those forums and find quick solutions.

What does this mean to me in the end? That the relationship that RMN has with other sites is perfect. I can use other sites for quick and easy answers and a buttload of tutorials, and I can come here for quick and easy access to the most updated games.

My own squabble may be with the Reviews segment here (removing scores would help keep focus) but at least we have one that works and best of all it's built into the game page. The reviews definitely help because it gives me insight into what I should be expecting if I play this game.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I've been around since 2001 and you whippersnappers are cluttering my lawn!

That is all.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
1998 represent!
If it isn't for this topic, I wouldn't even know rpgmakerweb.com exists.......Outdated me, yeah.
Pages: first prev 12 last