FF8 CANNIBAL MAFIA

Happy
Devil's in the details
Trihan, I don't know about your hastiness, but I need to play my cards now, because chances are I die soon. I leave my theories here, so that if you find I was correct on something, you would have some traces to follow.

And of course I'm aware of the risk of paining innocent people suspicious. The thing however is that people take stance on day one. If we lynch a person on day one already, we get to reflect the people's stance to the lynch itself sooner.

This is why I think it is worth the risk to lynch Despite. In response to this, whatever you say, doesn't really matter. Even if you too shall cast a vote for Despite, it can be counted as your attempt trying to make yourself or Despite innocent.

So, I think it yields us most information, if we actually do lynch someone at first day, because then we can compare people's opinions and the person lynched.
Happy
Devil's in the details
damn edit rule. painting*
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
While I agree with what chana said about wasting a round with nolynch, we might be shortening our numbers FURTHER than one person dying in the night. If we misfire right now we might as well play Russian Roulette with two bullets.

Also, Happy is really throwing a lot of shit on the wall. So, either he's deeply vested in stirring the pot, or getting off the hot seat himself is suspicious. I doubt he's big bad, but maybe a lacky.
I stand by my nolynch because we run too big a risk dwindling our numbers haphazardly.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Why so negative Dudesoft?
Happy
Devil's in the details
You're taking similar stance to Trihan's. Deflecting most of what I'm trying to say and casting the suspicions towards my direction, for no real reason. You can do better than that.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Well before we get a definite bandwagon rolling on someone, here's an analysis of today so far:

Posts made
Happy - 17 (though two were edits)
Gourd_Clae - 10 (though one was an edit)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - 9 (made an interesting post to Zeuzio about a "bomb cop" that I forgot about until now. Care to explain the meaning of that, CAVE?)
Trihan - 7
chana - 5
Yellow Magic - 4
Dudesoft - 4 (though one was simply flavour text for the beginning of the game)
MrChearlie - 3
Marrend - 1
Despite - 1
rabitZ - 1

People who have yet to post today
LockeZ
MirrorMasq
Shinan
SorceressKyrsty
Idida1

Votes in the order they were cast
1. Gourd_Clae - no lynch (1)
2. Happy - Yellow Magic (1)
3. Yellow Magic - no lynch (2)
4. Despite - Yellow Magic (2)
5. MrChearlie - Yellow Magic (3)
6. chana - Yellow Magic (4)
7. Happy - cancel Yellow Magic (3), changed to chana (1)
8. Trihan - Happy (1)
9. Dudesoft - no lynch (3)
10. chana - cancel Yellow Magic (2), changed to no lynch (4)
11. CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - Despite (1)
12. Happy - cancel chana (0), changed to Despite (2)
13. Gourd_Clae - cancel no lynch (3), changed to Despite (3)
14. chana - cancel of no lynch implied (2), changed to Despite (4)
15. Marrend - no lynch (3)

People who have posted but haven't voted yet
rabitZ
Happy
Devil's in the details
That's a good defense move Trihan, because it's very likely to waver people from actually voting to lynch Despite, who could potentially make you seem very suspicious.

In other hand we could just actually lynch Despite and get an actual fact?
Trihan
Today's arguable bandwagon targets so far have been Yellow Magic and Despite. Happy, you started Yellow Magic's bandwagon but you didn't know when you cast the vote that other people would jump on it, so that doesn't tell me much about you.

However, I do find it interesting that you're also in the middle of Despite's bandwagon, having cast the second vote for him. That said, second is still too close to the front to be indicative of an intentional bandwagon.

HOWEVER HOWEVER, it's positively FASCINATING to note that chana was not only the fourth vote for Yellow Magic, but also the fourth of Despite, having previously decided in between to vote no lynch.

Care to explain your change of heart, chana? You're at the top of my list now.
Trihan
Also Happy, I have absolutely no problem with lynching Despite. At worst (for me, best for the innocents) he'll come up cannibal and you'll push to lynch me. I'm not a cannibal so killing me gains you nothing, but at least if I'm a viable suspect the cannibals might leave me alive to continue investigating tells.

If he comes up innocent, you may have slightly less of a rage-boner for me, which is all gravy because I like the prospect of having you as an ally.

So

#Lynch Despite
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I wouldn't call the votes on Despite a bandwagon. There's actual logic behind lynching him. Other people to lynch include Chana for being so swayable.

While I agree with what chana said about wasting a round with nolynch, we might be shortening our numbers FURTHER than one person dying in the night. If we misfire right now we might as well play Russian Roulette with two bullets.

If we don't lynch, someone dies in the night and unless cop has a guilty, we have no information. If we lynch now, we at least have something to go on based on what the lynched person's role turns out to have been as well as who argued for/against lynching that person.

Trihan
Okay, this can't be coincidence. chana also changed to no lynch when there were already 3 votes for it. That's three potential vote swings, chana. And all bringing your target (or vote to no lynch) to exactly four votes. That's really suspicious.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Yellow Magic bandwagon was simple test to get people started on talking.

Also Trihan, care to give me solid reasons why not to lynch Despite? Why are you trying to take the suspicions to other directions? The hunch you just posted, isn't really much to start about. Chana and Clae are likely to jump on bandwagons easily. And it is funny you choose to question Chana out of all people. Who else could be more geared to give you solid and profound answers? Oh the irony.

Right now I'd change my vote for you, but if we kill Despite first and he's a cannibal, it's dead certain you are too.
Trihan
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I wouldn't call the votes on Despite a bandwagon. There's actual logic behind lynching him. Other people to lynch include Chana for being so swayable.

If we don't lynch, someone dies in the night and unless cop has a guilty, we have no information. If we lynch now, we at least have something to go on based on what the lynched person's role turns out to have been as well as who argued for/against lynching that person.

Assuming we do actually HAVE a cop, and if we do then we also run a slight risk of lynching them today. *has horrible memories of night 1 from the previous game*
I'll remind you that I was the first person to vote. So, no, I'm not likely to bandwagon. Granted, Trihan did miss my return to No Lynch as the next day would be alot easier to get a cannibal that way.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
4,4,4, I noticed that too!
I thought Happy's strategy to hit right off good, to see people'reaction's
and try to figure out a bit who'who. I never intended to stick with lynching Yellow Magic who, to me, hadn't shown any sign of being suspicious. then, voted nolynch after Yellow Magic seemed convincing, last CAVE_DOG's argument seemed excellent and safe, giving us the possibility to act on the first round. but this is not answering you're question, I think : the most significant explanation, I'm a very slow typer, I've began typing this right after your post..!
Happy
Devil's in the details
Also Happy, I have absolutely no problem with lynching Despite. At worst (for me, best for the innocents) he'll come up cannibal and you'll push to lynch me. I'm not a cannibal so killing me gains you nothing, but at least if I'm a viable suspect the cannibals might leave me alive to continue investigating tells.

If he comes up innocent, you may have slightly less of a rage-boner for me, which is all gravy because I like the prospect of having you as an ally.

So

#Lynch Despite

This wasn't posted before I wrote my review above.

And my rage boner won't probably go away, as your answers so far have only made you more suspicious. This is a good move though, because it is a good attempt to make you seem less innocent, when there's not much else left to do anymore.

But killing Despite would definitely give us a lot of information right now.
Trihan
Happy, I'm pointing out that chana is someone to watch for. I've changed my vote to Despite; I'm not trying to talk you out of that. In fact, my reasoning explained exactly why Despite dying is win-win for me no matter what now.

It's not that chana jumps on bandwagons at the drop of a hat that concerns me, it's the fact that every time it happened it made exactly four votes. That's either a really huge coincidence or deliberate timing.

In fact, considering that chana is likely to be able to give me very considerate and profound answers, why would I do this without a good reason? If I were a cannibal I'd just be setting myself up for a lashing.

It's sad that you're swaying towards me, because I'm honestly doing everything I can right now to persuade you I'm on your side.
Happy
Devil's in the details
less suspicious.* Meh, starting to fail at english. I'll let other people speak for now.
Trihan
author=Gourd_Clae
I'll remind you that I was the first person to vote. So, no, I'm not likely to bandwagon. Granted, Trihan did miss my return to No Lynch as the next day would be alot easier to get a cannibal that way.

Crap, did I miss a vote? Sorry. Anything else wrong in the data I posted?
Trihan
Just checked, I did miss Gourd's return to no lynch. I also forgot to record that after that I cancelled my vote before I voted for Despite.