FF8 CANNIBAL MAFIA

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=ldida1
First: I have prepaid internet and I literally have about 5MB left. So i wont be back on till i recharge. (Its a public holiday, so tomorrow...)

Anyway, NL is a bad idea IMO. We can ML without losing, so we might aswell. (Assuming there's no OP Cannibals)

Since the town seems to want to lynch Despite or Cave (from what i saw), who am i to change that without proof... So ill stick with #Lynch Despite for now.

To be frank I think this sounds mighty suspicious, especially since he seems so blaise about potentially lynching one of our own (not saying that Despite IS necessarily a hero, but we've got no proof either way).

Every hero dead is a plus one for the cannibals. That's the core of the situation here.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
lol, ya dumb wankers

#Cancel
#NoLynch
The fuck? seven pages?

Fuck.

#nolynch
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Shinan
The fuck? seven pages?

Fuck.

#nolynch

LOL Good morning, sunshine! Wait, do I know you?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Shinan
The fuck? seven pages?

Fuck.

Yeah I'm kinda confused how that happened too too. I was expecting today to be a no lynch day but uh Despite tried to kill me last game after I was proved innocent and after I proved him innocent so I'm honestly on board with this.

#Lynch Despite
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Kyrsty, note that a no lynch day 1 last game was the best move because a lot of the players hadn't really been involved in a Mafia game.

We've got a lot of people who know what to expect from it now, so we need to keep everyone on their toes. And the #1 reason to lynch day 1 is that it's the only day on which town has an advantage we'll never have again in the game: the cannibals haven't been able to talk to each other yet.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Trihan
#1 reason to lynch day 1 is that it's the only day on which town has an advantage we'll never have again in the game:

Hmm, good point. I'll have to think about this. Looks like we're at a stand-still, and if we're still stuck when I wake up for work I might re-consider. Good point though, hadn't looked at it like that. Guess it's a glass half-empty, glass half-full argument...?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Jesus Christ you guys 7 pages??

I'm against a lynch because the last thing we need is two town members down as opposed to one. Even with the "no mafia banter" advantage, that counts for zilch should worst-case scenario occur.

FWIW, a couple of people seem a bit suspicious but I'd rather not mention them in case they have some really nifty roles that the Mafia could pick up on.
Yellow Magic
^i.e. I think we should avoid blatantly exposing potentially useful Heroes on the first day.
Trihan
If Despite had a significant role I'm pretty sure he'd be posting more in here, Yellow Magic. And if he isn't, then he obviously doesn't care enough about preserving his role that it's worth keeping him alive. He's either a cannibal, a useless townie, or a useless hero. We don't need any of those.
Puddor
Can't cannibals talk to each other at any time during the game, not just the night phase?

Last time we played we also used irc as a medium for discussing our night's plans since our timezones were drastically different, so the cannibals may have indeed already had a chance to talk- and decide who to lynch.
Yellow Magic
author=Trihan
If Despite had a significant role I'm pretty sure he'd be posting more in here, Yellow Magic. And if he isn't, then he obviously doesn't care enough about preserving his role that it's worth keeping him alive. He's either a cannibal, a useless townie, or a useless hero. We don't need any of those.

What's the difference between a townie and a hero? :S
Yellow Magic
author=SorceressKyrsty
Can't cannibals talk to each other at any time during the game, not just the night phase?

I didn't think they were allowed to. :S
Puddor
The timezone of when they could talk wasn't clarified, it just said they could talk to each other outside the game. And it was more or less necessary because my timezone and schedule is completely outside of Happy's or Rabitz's, so I actually never got to talk to rabitz properly at any stage during the game besides. Most of our final decisions happened when I was offline, I'd just spoken with Happy beforehand and told him who I was going to investigate/decide who we were going to kill.

YM, I think heroes have the special abilities. Or everyone might have special abilities? Not sure :x
Trihan
That's why night phases in forum Mafia last more than a day, Kyrsty. So that the Mafia can still talk even if they're in different timezones.

I've never known a game to include Mafia with daychat abilities unless it was specifically stated in the ruleset.

Also, townies are basically normal people without a role ability. Heroes are special people with abilities.
Yellow Magic
^oooh.

Might be worth remembering that there are Independents in this game, too..
Trihan
The independents will side with whichever side is likely to win, to increase their chances of winning themselves. The best way to deal with them is to put forth the strongest possible survivor defence and start getting rid of some cannibals so we can win them over.
Current Vote Count:

Yellow Magic: 0 --- Happy, Despite, chana, MrChearlie
chana: 0 --- Happy
Happy: 0 --- Trihan
Despite: 7 --- CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Happy, Gourd_Clae, chana, Trihan, rabitz, ldida1, LockeZ
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: 0 --- rabitZ
No Lynch: 8 --- Gourd_Clae, Yellow Magic, Dudesoft, chana, Gourd_Clae, MrChearlie, SorceressKyrsty, MirrorMasq, Despite, Shinan

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Was my #nolynch vote deleted, or are we on a new day?

The way I figure it, the cannibals definitely have Despite as possible scapegoat right now. There's no way they would want to eat him at this particular moment. Especially if he's actually one of them!

#cancel vote
#lynch Despite

Side note: Is that how the vote switch is supposed to work?
Trihan
Marrend: I think Zeuzio missed your nolynch in the summary, which would have made it a majority.

However, you have correctly switched to Despite, so we now have 8 for Despite and 8 no lynches.

Anyone care to make it a 9th on Despite?