FF8 CANNIBAL MAFIA

rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I could investigate Marrend tonight.
Since we know that he is a Hero, the results of that investigation could at least clarify the validity of my investigative powers for all of us (that is, assuming I reach the next morning alive).
rabitZ
Oh, I just read Marrend's strategy of lynching me.
We could do that also... I am in no position to plea for my life, sadly.
All my credibility is lost until I can prove myself back.

A better question is, who should the doctor protect?
author=rabitZ
I could investigate Marrend tonight.
Since we know that he is a Hero, the results of that investigation could at least clarify the validity of my investigative powers for all of us (that is, assuming I reach the next morning alive).

Well if the wolves have a confusion ability they'd probably use it on Marrend tonight then and mess up your result! So we probably won't be able to determine anything certainly.

(unless we manage to lynch the confusion villain. Who happens to be Dudesoft I'm sure :)
author=rabitZ
A better question is, who should the doctor protect?

If the phoenix can revive multiple people then the doc should protect the phoenix.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
ok, because of RabitZ's investigation, because of his wtf lynching behaviour and fragil arguments (maybe also because he's one of the better players and was a townie last game...), I say :
#Lynch Shinan
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
There's no way Pheonix could consistently revive. That would be pretty unbalanced. I'm figuring it either has a cool-down or can revive X times before dying itself. I doubt ldida1 will tell us this, even if he is Pheonix.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Alright, here's my stance. Since, I literally have nothing to truly live for.
Shinan is suspicious, but I don't know HOW suspicious. Maybe he's just playing at suspicious.
Marrend is likely Minotaur.
rabitZ, damn his tactics, is probably Squall.
Who is MirrorMasq? MirrorMasq has been sitting pretty this whole time. I used to watch survivor. The people that win are usually the ones who sit by the whole time and don't involve themselves. As far as I'm concerned, these are the people to think about. Everyone posting feverishly so far is like actually active. I feel like we're a henhouse at this point, failing to notice the fox.
So yeah, my choice is between Shinan and MirrorMasq. Shinan, I dunno. He's being cheeky either to hide the fact he's hiding something; orrrrrrrrrrrr he's just being cheeky because he's Shinan.
MirrorMasq is my prime target today.

#lynch MirrorMasq
Current Vote Count:

RabitZ: 1 --- Marrend
Dudesoft: 2 --- Shinan, MirrorMasq
Shinan: 1 --- chana
MirrorMasq: 1 --- Dudesoft
No Lynch: 1 --- MrChearlie

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=SorceressKyrsty
It would be nice to know the extent of the Phoenix's power in regards to revival before the day's end.

No. We do not want to reveal this information.

We lynch rabbitZ today. If he turns out to be a cannibal, good for the heroes! If he's a hero, then we know that the cannibals got exceptionally lucky with their confusion tech on Night 1, or rabbitZ got a critical failure. In any event, the doctor should protect ldida1, who resurrects Happy, and we'll have three confirmed innocents on the field.

That's only if we assume that rabitz actually had his investigation fouled up. He could just see guilties as innocents and vice versa, or just get results randomly.

I'm considering just killing all the people who have voted right now.

CASE AGAINST SHINAN:
  • Lynching him could test rabitz
    Put a vote against dudesoft, claimed it was random (???? Why would you do this), then claimed it was a joke, and also didn't retract it despite thinking that dudesoft was town, apparently
    Refuses to claim role even though I AM GOING TO KILL HIM IF HE DOES NOT
    very unsure of his own innocence
    Dracula
    "I want to see what role Trihan has and the best way to do this is to kill 'im. "

My choice would be between him and mirrormasq, but I'd like to hear what Idida, Marrend, and to a lesser extent, rabitz, think about it. I don't know how to use list tags properly.
... is it me or shinan is actually being Despite?
Dudesoft
I'm at work now, so if I come back and things haven't changed, I'll stick to my vote; but I want to bring up now that I'm prepared to bandwagon on Shinan, now, so it's not held against me later.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Dudesoft
:( mason bro...

hey dudesoft, why did you claim mason when the actual masons (the brothers) have already been revealed
Dudesoft
Last game we played, shiny and me were masons. I died off day one, but we were bonded for life ._.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
OK, all im going to say is that i will not be reviving tonight. Not going to reveal if its cooldown, max number of revives or whatever. But i wont be reviving again tonight.
rabitZ
Well, I can see a point about lynching shinan, but I am not totally sure.
After all, he was reported to me as hero, but even myself don't know what to make of my investigative powers right now.

The only thing I am certain of is this: the doctor should NOT claim yet. His life would be in danger.

BTW, I want to hear more from MrChearlie. I still can't quite figure him out.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, okay. Not super convinced about Shinan; I don't like the "vote to lynch randomly and observe people's reactions" strategy but I understand the idea behind it. (Though it doesn't really work very well when you openly admit that that's what you're doing.)

So I've decided to go ahead and:

#Lynch rabitZ.

I agree there's a decent chance he's telling the truth, but I also still think there's an above average chance he's lying and counting on us thinking that lying about something like that is too crazy to do. It's not 100% sure, but lynch votes are basically never 100% sure.

This game causes me SO MUCH STRESS. I should probably not play next time.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Refuses to claim role even though I AM GOING TO KILL HIM IF HE DOES NOT

Come and get me :)

Now I'm going to bed, see you in twelve hours. I hope I'm not lynched by then.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Oh I see.

Idida, who do you point the finger at?
Shinan's case is above but:

kyrsty: lurky scummy scumlord maybe. was scum and lurked hard last game.
chana: seemed to be okay with any outcome day 1, a weirdo, some active lurking
mirrormasq: stayed with his vote on trihan.
dudesoft: voted for mirrormasq after mirrormasq voted for him, reason being that mirrormasq was lurking, but mirrormasq really hasn't been lurking that hard in my opinion. there are plenty of other lurkers to choose from as well
gourd: i just have a bad feeling about gourd

more summaries

cavedog-clear
idida-clear
marrend-clear
rabitz- his claim to be a bulletproof squall is too good since squall did take an icicle through the chest. him being some sort of psychotic cop would also balance out his bulletproof status. reactions to getting the lynch wrong seemed genuine
dudesoft- reaction to trihan's (false) assumption that mafia didn't know who each other were on d1 appeared genuine. maybe a liar
mrchearlie: made a good post on page 12 about the reactions to lynching trihan.

however, the case against shinan appears to be the strongest, for me. I really hope he's just mafia and not being ridiculously anti-town (as you can see in my post above), but this may also serve to figure out the deal with rabitz so

# Lynch Shinan
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
For what it's worth, Kyrsty said last game that she was in Europe or some other place that isn't North America, and that the lurking was due to time zone differences.

I think someone else was in another time zone too this game but I can't remember who.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=LockeZ
I agree there's a decent chance he's telling the truth, but I also still think there's an above average chance he's lying and counting on us thinking that lying about something like that is too crazy to do. It's not 100% sure, but lynch votes are basically never 100% sure.

I don't think so, man. He made a post immediately after trihan flipped town in the lounge thread which, while not a good idea, I did see and will use. It was pretty much "WHAT THE FUC" so, I'm gonna believe him, also!

if he was mafia, there would be no reason to ask the doctor (which we might not have) to not cover him, which is what he did. The only thing this would do, if rabitz was scum, is increase the chances of mafia not killing someone. It would have been bounds and leaps easier to just say "vanilla cop." For that matter, no other cop has chimed in with any reports. It's possible that we could not have a cop at all, but I think it's unlikely. Also, the idea of him being an insane cop balances with his bulletproof role. A regular cop with bulletproof is pretty overpowered, but a cop that is going to probably kill an innocent person and maybe get lynched as a result combined with bulletproof?