FF8 CANNIBAL MAFIA

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
What I want you to do is explain:

why you were channeling despite's murderdeath agenda
why you were so nonchalant about killing trihan
your role
why you can't explain your role, for some reason, until tomorrow, even though, if you are town, you would want to explain it, because it might prevent town from lynching town. the only thing that this would make me think is that you're going to do something at night. which sounds bad.
the ending of mass effect 3

Well the way I understand it is that out of nowhere technology and concepts are introduced that have not been previously mentioned. In fact some of the concepts introduced directly contradict evidence put forth by the rest of the series previously.

The most obvious example is that when a mass relay is destroyed it takes a whole solar system with it, as established in some piece of DLC somewhere.

Basically the ending takes everything previously established and shoots it into space in order to have a "twist" ending that is stupid beyond belief.
Well fuck it, cards on the table.

There's only twelve hours left and it doesn't look like I'm going to survive the day.

I'm a copper. I'm some weird GF thing with a ruby in its head. Now you may ask "whaaaa, but Rabitz also a copper."

Yeah. He might be, in fact he probably is. There's a villain role that can block and confuse the copper (most likely) so two coppers is just the cure for it. In my first night, just like Rabitz, I too investigated Trihan.

Now rabitz got a result saying villain. I got a result saying my investigation failed. This is the reason I wanted to see Trihan dead, I was curious whether he had some kind of innate roleblocking ability or similar that made people who investigated him confused. Of course once he claimed to be a brother and it turned out he was the obvious thing was that someone else blocked the role.

Of course why my investigation failed and rabitz showed him guilty I have yet to find out. Maybe the power only works for one random person? Maybe there's something else at work. When there's no role-list there's no way of knowing.

Once I realized there most likely was a "framer" around I picked someone more inconspicuous, thinking it'd be less likely that the framer would pick someone that was less likely to be investigated. So I picked Dudesoft, after all he was my bro and would be a useful ally if I knew he was innocent.

Turned out he wasn't. The result came in and he was a villain.

Now I didn't want to reveal myself as a copper. I wanted to stay alive so I came up with the role of the die. Seeing if anyone would catch the bait. I wanted to be suspicious enough so that even if I failed to lynch Dudesoft and died during the night (my role then revealed) it would be obvious that Dudesoft was someone I had targeted and "knew" who was. The same if, by a stroke of misfortune, I myself was lynched. (or killed during the night)

Of course it blew up in my face didn't it. I tried sticking to my guns. I didn't want to reveal myself thinking that if I survive the day I'm more likely to survive the night if people think I'm a villain. One more night and one more investigation would help the cause greatly. In fact best case scenario for me was if both I and Dudesoft survived and someone else got lynched.

I'll probably be lynched now as well. Because I am too late with the "reveal". It was a stupid gamble I suppose. I just wanted to provoke enough reaction to make people dismiss me as a suspect and pick someone else. Well. Some of you latched on to me I suppose. So here's my story. explaining everything.

or well...

I already explained the Mass Effect 3 ending in the previous post.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
#Cancel Lynch

What i think: There is no framer. There is a "hooker" type mafia. There are 2 cops. One is insane, one sane. Shinan was hooked n1. He is sane. RabitZ is insane. He wasnt hooked, but got the wrong report because of his insanity.

I say we lynch Dude. See what happens.

#Lynch Dudesoft

Edit: Removed a stray \
How did rabitz get a correct result the second night though? Or is the insane copper's result completely random? (rather than reporting opposites or everyone as guilty) I completely forgot about the whore character, there might be both a whore and a framer.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
While he's not coming out and saying it, Shinan is revealing his role as Carbunkle. If Shinan is telling the truth, that's five known innocents out of the twelve that are left. The heroes might be overexposed, but I think it's worth it!

And if the role of Carbunkle is a "sane cop" whos investigates lead to Dudesoft being a guilty party...

#cancel vote
#lynch Dudesoft

This feels like a huge leap of faith, though.
Marrend
author=Shinan
How did rabitz get a correct result the second night though? Or is the insane copper's result completely random? (rather than reporting opposites or everyone as guilty) I completely forgot about the whore character, there might be both a whore and a framer.

I'm guessing that rabbitZ has around 50% accuracy with his investigative power.
Marrend
Spelling derp: whose
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Well, the way I see it we have two lynch targets: shinan or dudesoft.

If dudes is villain, Shinan is proved clear. If dudes is a hero, shinan is lying and we assume him to be a villain tomorrow?

If shinan is hero, I'm proved clear (am I?) but we lose a hero. If he is villain, my investigative powers are reversed/a.k.a. I'm still suspect (?) but at least we kill a villain.

One thing is certain, if we mislynch today, tomorrow is our last chance. Also, doctor protect the fenix!
rabitZ
Or... I say we lynch dudes. The doctor will know what to do immediately upon seeing the results: if dudes is villain protect shinan, but if he is hero protect the fenix?

What do marrend and CAVE (idida already voted for dudes I believe) think of this plan? I'm leaving for work now. I'll make my vote when I get there. I know I said I wanted to no lynch but I realize we can't afford that anymore.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
author=Marrend
author=Shinan
I'm guessing that rabbitZ has around 50% accuracy with his investigative power.

Its possible that rabbitZ isnt even cop. He might just be lying to us all the bastard!

Or its possible whats his face was framed.
rabitZ
Of course it's possible. It's possible shinan lies too.

Actually, the doctor should just protect the fenix I think? Assuming we even have a doctor.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Whoa, the hell? So, are you guys seriously following fearless leader Shinan now?
Two cops sounds pretty OP. guess I'm a lamb to slaughter!

Since we're all role revealing and taking the zesty mystery out of the game; I'm Headmaster Cid. My power is literally just talking.
I have no power. If I'm not lynched now, I'm food tonight. Either way, it's been fun, guys.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
wait then who the fuck are the bad guys
Puddor
oh god.

it's

MrChearlie
chana
Gourd_Clae
MirrorMasq

providing no one is lying on the role revealing, THESE ARE OUR CANNIBALS.
Puddor
Also, chana has been lurking this time around a lot more, and compared to the very active behaviour from last game that makes them super suspicious.

BUT Shinan says he investigated dudesoft and he showed up villain.

If I get eaten tonight for saying those four are our cannibals, then we might have a good idea of whether that's right or not.

I just wish we had a legitimately reliable cop, given what happened with rabitz in regard to Trihan. But I don't think people just make stuff up like "don't protect me because I'm immune to being eaten the first time around"

Dudesoft
Wait a sec, before I go to bed, it strikes me. Why the hell would Carbunkle have cop ability? He's a summon spell that casts magic Reflect on the party.
So far the abilities/characters make sense. How does Carbunkle make sense?
Laguna maybe.
Though deflecting on me is pretty Carbunkle of you.
Dudesoft
Ahh and all the while I focus on Shinan, mirrormasq is still sitting pretty. @_@ I can't go to bed now! I'll miss something.
I was against chana at some point, Gourd_Clae wants to lynch me, I want to lynch Dudesoft as do you Kyrsty. And you saying I'm a cannibal and with them. You're either one of them or have some logic issues. You should put yourself in that list. :)
Well, anyway, you must decide something and stick with your decision already. Day comes to an end.
Puddor
Carbuncle may have a investigative ability, but if it's used on someone else who's being investigated, the other person's investigation ability is reflected to someone else- which would explain the boggle going on with rabitZ.
Puddor
MirrorMasq, that was based on who's outed themselves. I know what role I am- but as you said, you HAVE thrown around accusations. So right now I think two safe lynches would be Gourd_Clae or chana.

I wanna see what everyone else thinks of that so for now I'm going to #cancel lynch.

Not saying I'm clearing Dudesoft 100%, or anyone for that matter, because that would be foolhardy.