THE LIBERATED PIXEL CUP!!

Pages: 1
Please note that, as all games entered into this contest must be free and open source from the ground up, RPGMaker is not an allowed platform for this competition. It is okay to use existing game engines provided they meet this criterion.

Opengameart.org is very proud to announce that we are collaborating with the Free Software Foundation and the Creative Commons to bring you the Liberated Pixel Cup, a two month long summer contest about creating a consistent set of art and then making awesome games with it!

As you might imagine, this is big news for OGA -- there's no better way for us to further our mission of bringing artists and developers together to make awesome free and open source games than having the opportunity to work together with the CC and the FSF towards making that happen!

So, what are you waiting for? Go, check out the site, and join us on IRC at #liberatedpixelcup on irc.freenode.net
(click here to chat from your browser)!
Glad to see this posted here! A big, consistent set of CC-BY-SA graphics is an exciting thought, and the contest is gravy.
This looks like fun and seems to be at the same time as the RPGMaker.net summer competition, double entries anyone? lol

Edit: Just realized you must code from scratch...fail :-(
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
No coder, but so glad to see this, and the development of anything, but concerning games in particular, related to the free-as-in-freedom software.
Updated the headline of the original post. I wrote that myself, my mistake, I got some facts wrong about the restrictions, here is the proper information you should know:

"Please note that, as all games entered into this contest must be free and open source from the ground up, RPGMaker is not an allowed platform for this competition. It is okay to use existing game engines provided they meet this criterion."
Oblic
Once a member of RMN, always a member of RMN!
Wow, I can see a TON of really awesome games coming out of this. Wish I had free time to dabble in this sort of thing.
How about gamemaker or adventure game studio? Are they allowed? D:
Just thought I would note that the art phase of the contest has now started. That runs to June 30th, with the game phase after it in July.
Pages: 1