LOCKEZ'S FORUM RPG

I'll save my money. Look at me being Savvy.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I'll buy a crossbow and save the 20G remaining.
This was a fun read. I wish there weren't so many people signed up so I could join in. :P
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=Tree_Eater
This was a fun read. I wish there weren't so many people signed up so I could join in. :P

But you can join, my friend.

I'm going to buy a vial of poison and smoke bomb and save the rest.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
No, I actually closed the game to new players. I didn't initially want to, but it was getting to the point where I was dreading reviving people just because of how long it was taking me to write each turn. Even with half the party dead and only one enemy present, it's been taking me about forty-five minutes per turn. I expect that to double now that you're all revived.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Nevermind, you can't join, and we aren't friends, and it's all Kyrsty's fault.

Since this is an rpg, I am going to open cool chests in Arvis' house and look in all his clocks and stuff. I'm a repairguy.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
I buy that suspicious package and immediatly open it. (Unless someone else has already bought it... in which case i buy An attack dog, water, booze and 15 tissues.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=LockeZ
No, I actually closed the game to new players. I didn't initially want to, but it was getting to the point where I was dreading reviving people just because of how long it was taking me to write each turn. Even with half the party dead and only one enemy present, it's been taking me about forty-five minutes per turn. I expect that to double now that you're all revived.

It's true! Even three players is a lot to handle. All we have to do is make choices. The GM has to make it work and think of creative new situations or whatever.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I'd like to buy 1 Ether (try stopping me from Drawing now <_<)
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Disregard the shop items and keep repeating the word "NES"
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I wanted to wait for everyone to post, but Prexus hasn't posted. Actually, going back through the archives, I don't think he ever died; I think he just stopped posting when the Whelk battle started. So, I'm removing him from the game, like I did with SorceressKyrsty. We're down to 14 players now, which seems like a nice number for an FF6 setting.

---------------------------------------------------

After a relaxing day of rest and shopping, your group makes its way to Arvis's house, embedded high in the cliffs on the eastern edge of Narshe.

The old man, Arvis, is inside, tending to the mysterious red-caped man, who is lying unconscious in Arvis's bed. Arvis says, "It looks like our friend the esper is about to wake up."

The pale man with the cape and bandana opens his eyes; he has red eyes, just like the eyes of the purple-furred beast that he had transformed into earlier. He mutters, "Where... am I?"

Arvis says, "This is Narshe, the mining town. My name is Arvis. And you are?"

The strange man rubs his temples. "I can't remember a thing..."

Arvis pours a cup of tea and serves it to the man. "Don't worry. It'll all come back to you... in time, that is."

The strange traveller gets out of bed and stands up, but suddenly collapses to his knees, clutching his temples in pain. After a moment, he lowers his hands. "My name... is... Vincent. Vincent Valentine."

Arvis says, "Impressive! I've never heard of anyone recovering this fast! Do you remember anything else?"

Vincent shakes his head. "...Nothing. Only my name. This building is the beginning of my nightmare."

Prexus
You have used your Animals ability and summoned a yeti from the mines. It is a lumbering beast, and cannot speak, but there is an uncanny intelligence behind its eyes. Over time you earn its trust, and it yours, and when you save its life from hunters, it owes you a blood debt that can never be repayed. It is now your loyal companion. Together, the two of you buy a ship and become smugglers, and eventually join a rebellion and help to topple the Empire. They make a trio of movies about the adventure, and call the last one Return of the Yeti.

Dorakyura
You outroll Allen Hunter for initiative, slamming him into the wall, pulling his shirt up over his face and climbing over top of him as he flails his arms and screams curses trying to slow your progress. You successfully make it to the grandfather clock in Arvis's house, and check it for an elixir (rolled 4). You have obtained an 1x Elixir! This rare item has the effects of both a healing potion and an ether at the same time.

Allen Hunter
Overcome with jealousy, you slump to the ground and weep at your fate. You swear on your mother's grave that you will get to the next clock first. Your mother is still alive and living in Kohlingen, and would probably resent this oath, but you nevertheless mean business.

Idida1!
This will destroy the town of Narshe! Are you sure? (Y/N)

You try to choose No, but the Wii remote is miscalibrated and refuses to cooperate, and you accidentally hit Yes instead.

As you open the suspicious package, you find a single, shining red Bomb Ring inside. As the sunlight through the window glints off of the jewel embedded in the ring, a ring of flames emerges from the ring and grows quickly, engulfing Arvis's house and several nearby buildings! As the fires spread, the ring disintegrates into ash.

Arvis shouts, "What have you done!?"

Vincent is unnervingly calm. He closes his eyes. "I remember... I was having a nightmare. My sleep gave me time to atone. But the events of today have added upon me yet another sin. More nightmares shall come to me now."

As Arvis runs back and forth trying to douse the flames, a knock comes on the front door, accompanied by shouting from outside.

"Open up! We're here for the esper!" A pair of Narshe town guards can be seen through the front window, banging on the front door with weapons drawn. The voice yells again, louder, "Open this door! We want that man! He's dangerous! He's going to burn the entire town down!"

Another voice yells, "Last time an esper was here, it caused a war with the Empire! Now you're going to burn the town down to save one! Open up, Arvis!"

The flames are growing, and the roof of the house is beginning to collapse. Vincent asks, "Empire...? Esper...?"

Arvis mutters through gritted teeth, "There's no time to explain! You need to get out of here! This way! Quickly!" Arvis pushes Vincent through a back door, leading to an icy ledge behind the house.

Arvis says to your group, "You hooligans too! Make your way out of town through the mines! I'll keep these brutes at my front door occupied! I don't know what you think you're doing, causing a fire like this, but it doesn't look like I have much choice but to trust you." He points at Vincent. "That man wasn't responsible for his actions in the mines. I've seen the same thing before, with other espers, when their powers first awaken in our world. We must get him to safety so he can find time to understand his situation. His powers could alter the shape of the world, and must not be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. Make your way through the mines to the edge of town. Travel south across the plains and take the ferry to Figaro Castle, and talk to the king."

Arvis hurries everyone out his back door, and slams it as his front door is kicked in by the guards.

On the snow-covered ledge behind Arvis's house, Vincent's black hair blows in the icy wind. A rope bridge leads over a road below to a different section of the mines than you were in earlier. Vincent asks, "Through the mines... is that really the only way out of town?"

Below the bridge, a town guard spots your group. The guard yells, "He's up there!" and begins loading a crossbow. Vincent flees across the bridge.

Within the mines, something seems different from before. While the mine shaft you travelled through earlier had been abandoned, this one looks as though it might still be in use. Torches line the walls providing plenty of light, and the wooden supports are fresh and sturdy. A track runs through the caves, and a minecart on the track is partially loaded with coal.

But no miners are present. It's the middle of the day, and the torches are lit; shouldn't the miners be working? Someone's jacket lies on the ground, ripped and stained with blood. Something must have driven the miners off in a hurry.

Progressing forward, you find a room in the cave filled with corpses of miners. There appear to be five corpses in total. The room is silent. Something is definitely wrong, but your group is being pursued and time is precious.

----------------------------------

Each player now has the ability to submit an action.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Pull out my gun in one hand, crossbow in the other, and prepare to defend Vincent's escape or the group's back, whichever need be.
I'll ready my crossbow and shield in case anything tries to pop out at me. (Nagging Vincent as well, because I'm a hopeless fan who wants his autograph., )
I take out my sword and prepare myself to take action if necessary.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
Damn. Knew I should have used a gamecube controller.

Anyway, i Reload my gun
I shall have Limn poise himself on my head back ward so we don't miss anything that may try to "boink" us.
On this travel I have reflexed, I understand that drinking alcohol makes me do stupid things but most important, it could give me serious problems with my drive lisence, so I decided I will quit drinking, And to prove it i will finish all the booze I have and never buy again and save that money for my son school.
Drink one glass of booze one by day.
I go on ahead to scout the next room/tunnel, ready to shout if anything's wrong.