RPGMAKER 2000/2003 BATTLE DEFEAT/VICTORY CASE

Pages: 1
Hi, I dunno if it is a bug or not but when I make an victory and defeat case after a battle (a unwinnable) the game still goes game over sometimes even though this should not be the case (even with full heal after the battle). This is completely random sometimes it proceeds and sometimes it just goes game over with no reason at all.

Is there any way to solve this?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've heard of this problem before, but I can't, for the life of me, recall the solution. Some help I am!
Oh, THIS problem...I had this problem as of recent (which was strange as it randomly happened to me when it didn't after 3 years of never happening). I placed my Full Heal directly after the battle (so at the very top of the Defeat Handler). That seemed to have fixed it for me (there were instances that instead of Game Overing, the game would lock up and not let you move on with dialogue. It's very weird as to why it does that...).

Are you using any patches at all, or just the default version?
author=Xenomic
Oh, THIS problem...I had this problem as of recent (which was strange as it randomly happened to me when it didn't after 3 years of never happening). I placed my Full Heal directly after the battle (so at the very top of the Defeat Handler). That seemed to have fixed it for me (there were instances that instead of Game Overing, the game would lock up and not let you move on with dialogue. It's very weird as to why it does that...).

Are you using any patches at all, or just the default version?

I did use for rpgmaker 2000 the default version

For 2003 I used 1.0.6 a special patch that takes care that you can have higher stats for monsters and such. Now I upgraded 2003 with 1.08 cherry's dyn patch.

It also did not happen for 10 years that the event goes game over and now all of suddenly it does it random even with full heal after the battle.

I remember this issue. Yeah, it would be nice to have a solution to it.
The first condition of your database is Death. After the battle, insert command: Remove condition Death. That should do it.
author=calunio
The first condition of your database is Death. After the battle, insert command: Remove condition Death. That should do it.

That doesn't work either. (RM2k3 1.08) No need to post code, the only thing in there is Change HP Entire Party Increase 1 and that doesn't work. Adding Change Cond Entire Party Death Recover before it also doesn't work.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Removing the death condition after battle always worked for me, because the problem is that rm2k3 has an annoying habit of checking to see if your party's dead before it processes the defeat handler (thus taking you straight to game over) but for some reason removing the death condition happens first. I'm not sure how else to fix this.
edit:
Oh boy, these posts are several years old...
Anyway, if someone still has similar problems or blames the tool he/she's working with:

rm2k3 has an annoying habit of checking to see if your party's dead before it processes the defeat handler
No, it doesn't? What's in the defeat handler is what causes the problem.

author=FinalTear
Let me guess: the Hero you are adding to the party was already dead?

Adding / removing someone to / from the party (in addition to updating HP/MP stuff) triggers the game to check whether or not everyone in the party is dead. So you can't even remove any character if the resulting party has only fainted people in it.

Either have that person not be dead before removing him/her from the party... to have him/her be added to the party alive in those DEFEAT handlers. Or save some time from tracking down all the <ChangeParty> commands:

download KillSwitch

Shove the 2k3 v1.08.ips file into the folder named DynPatches, open the DynRPG.ini (config file), just add the KillSwitch=4A43F1,#999 under the line with [QuickPatches]. Change the #999. Or better yet:

Hex Converter (or windows calculator and Alt+3)
Put the number into the rightmost box next to (big-endian) and copy the content from the left box next to (little-endian)

For example: KillSwitch=4A43F1,E7030000 would equal #999.

Make sure you have dyn 0.20 if that does not work ('cause patch support was added at 0.17)
Hey man, I'd like to thank you for the patch, it works really well !

Never mind giving solutions to a very old post. I had the same problem and this patch solved it all. You are my hero.

Cheers :)
Pages: 1