GOING…GOING…GONE!!!

Pages: first 123 next last
(Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve made my last topic… Actually, it’s been awhile since my last post, even… Actually…um…can I start over again with this???)

It’s been a rough couple of last few months around here when it comes to deciding my future on this site, and also my personal involvement with anything to do with RMN. As you can plainly see from my makerscore, and my posting history, even, that I do not come here that often…nor do I contribute that much on a more individual front with submitted games, reviews, and what not (it’s actually been that way for years). For that ever since I have returned from my long time 2 year ban from the old administration days, my involvement and dedication to all things on this site have taken a -- major -- nosedive into the ground; but, on a much more positive note (at least for me, that is), my actual commitment to my own projects have improved tremendously! I’m actually enjoying working on my games again -- and having a damn well fun time doing so, just like the good ol‘ days!

So…why not stay and post these projects up, like Monopolo, again?

Well…

Some people may think that the reason I don’t post anything up here has to do with the fact of what happened all those years ago with the aftermath release of Monopolo and taking most of that “criticism” to heart, and using that as an excuse to not release anything else because of that (in other words acting like a total bitch about it), but I digress:

Look, whatever the fuck happened back in 2009, or even 2010, is long and buried. Most of those morons are long gone, and I’m over that shit. Besides, Monopolo is an awesome game now with all the upgrades, and I still enjoy playing it once awhile. Heck! I enjoy everything I make! Hey, everybody has a right to their own opinion, right?

But the thing is this: I…just don’t find this site “fun,” or even remotely “useful” anymore to be on. It’s been that way for years. Every single time I ever bring up the discussion of “RMN” and “Posting Up Stuff Here,” I’m always brought back with mixed emotions. True, RMN is MUCH better with Kentona in charge and all that BS done and buried many years ago…but there is still something here that brings out the negativity in everything. And for that, I must take my coat and go.

It’s not just that, but I’m also getting tired of seeing “bad quality” games take over the spotlight of the “good ones” that deserve the praise (not to mention my stuff being thrown under the bus -- constantly -- because it ain‘t an “RPG,” and it doesn‘t have the words “Final“ in it. Oh, and I think there‘s some anime stuff, or something???).

I guess some people here seem to work harder in different ways; and I guess for me, the best option is to leave this place and continue having more success working on my stuff behind the scenes like I have been doing. As my mega-master RPG game that I’ve always wanted to make for the past year or so is coming closer to completion (and my other two games are doing very well as well), and I don’t feel like going through another “episode” just because the game is over 600 MB’s long, has “movies” in it, or is over 200 hours long.

Basically, RMN has become an outdated place for me to hang around when it comes to game design, and I finally understand why people like Lysander, Strangeluv, and all the greats left: because they just realized that it’s better to go somewhere else and do their thing their way (that, and they grew up). Look, I love RPG Maker, and I’m glad RMN is moving in a positive direction with the rest of you, but this place isn’t for me. I enjoy hanging on the sidelines doing my own thing. I’ve also been working out a TON, as of late, and I want to divert all my attention to that -- and my projects.

Hey, maybe I’ll show you stuff when it’s done and drop you guys a line. But it’s been fun. I wish you all the best, and god save the games. ^^
...0 markerscore, I always though you only like to be on the forums and not into game creation, also I remember (something tells me the project still somewhere in this website) the monopolo game, and didn't knew it was you, beside that, I really don't have to much I would like to comment, maybe about the negativity in everything, I doubt I fully understand why and not sure if it would be nice to know the reason.

Either way, It's seems you have plans (and looks like great ones)hope I can see one of your grand projects in the future, so wish you luck man, I sure will miss your avatar.
...well, my internet want me to say good bye two times, what can I do.
I don't understand the point of this long-winded ego fest. See you later, i guess.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=Brent
...and all the greats left: because they just realized that it’s better to go somewhere else and do their thing their way.

If you mean other RPG Maker sites by "somewhere else" then I wonder what would that be. I barely know any other RPG Maker sites.

See you, however. Have a good time outside RMN.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Oh thank God you've shown up with your quarterly farewell post, S4D; I was getting worried there.
Sometimes I wish I left just so I could make posts like this.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=kentona
I don't understand the point of this long-winded ego fest. See you later, i guess.
This man gets me.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
and rmn lost nothing
But if you truly feel that you are not an active member, and that don't contribute to the site in anyway, why did you even post this long goodbye? Due to your minor presence, only a small handful of people here know who you are.
...Wasn't it Gaming World where Monopolo got crucified? I don't remember it causing a ruckus here.

And RMN has always been open to different types of games, not just RPGs, hence games from the Renpy engine and IGM. Hell, the very first game was made in Verge3, the second in ika, next in Sphere... and things like Adventure Ace and Following the Sun - which aren't really RPGs do very well.

You got in trouble here for completely different reasons - say... ban evasion and going off topic, if I recall correctly.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Liberty
...Wasn't it Gaming World where Monopolo got crucified? I don't remember it causing a ruckus here.

And RMN has always been open to different types of games, not just RPGs, hence games from the Renpy engine and IGM. Hell, the very first game was made in Verge3, the second in ika, next in Sphere... and things like Adventure Ace and Following the Sun - which aren't really RPGs do very well.

You got in trouble here for completely different reasons - say... ban evasion and going off topic, if I recall correctly.

Ding ding ding.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Yellow Magic
Oh thank God you've shown up with your quarterly farewell post, S4D; I was getting worried there.

welpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelp
welpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelp
welpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelpwelp

Don't break the page -Shinan
Unrelated maybe, but if you guys care for my opinion, I think RMN should do away with this whole forum section. All the threads and post here are kinda useless anyway; they're just a stream of empty one-liners and silly catch phrases said to people who will probably be gone within a month! And then there are the completely insufferable, attention grabbing, "I'm leaving, but no really" threads like this one, that well...

Yes, I know closing this entire forum section won't stop threads like that from keep pouring in. But at least without a place where we have to pretend that we tolerate them, they'll get swiftly locked and dumped. As they should be... Just my two gil.

*Ahem* I mean... Nooo!! I barely know you, Brent, but you sound like a really cool guy! Please, don't leave!!!1! D:
*mouth spray, cough, getting ready for acting*
NO! DON'T LEAVE US!*he leaves*
*I throw a party* JK!

Yeah, still, hate to see you go...though I don't know who you are somewhat...maybe I should STFU now...
Oh man you gotta stop this, bro.
He's had people trolling his posts wherever he goes on this site by people who actually remember the whole history of his ban. I think he's entitled to his farewell post, whether you all agree with it or not.
The problem is that this is a recurring theme. It's like someone who goes to a party and abruptly leaves over and over with a longwinded speech before he slams the door. Around the 4th or 5th time someone's just going to tell him to get the fuck out and shut the fuck up so they can finish their gin and tonic.
This why you should never delete treads. We can just use the same ones over and over.
Pages: first 123 next last