AN OFFICIAL *ENGLISH* VERSION OF 2K3 APPROACHES!

Petition for Signatures
Official Topic

This suggestion was thrown into the table and so we have to ask, if we were to release RPG Maker 2003 in English would you buy it?
Vote and post your suggestions here~

Just a note, take the EULA into consideration. This means you guys shouldn't use patches/plug-ins/external programs if you want to use RPG Maker.

Well, what can I say? There's a possibilty that Degica/EB! will look into creating an official English version of RM2K3 if there's enough demand for it. What do you all think? Should we embrace this momentous occasion that would allow us to use 2K3 legally? Would you pay for such a thing? Let your voices be heard!

And sign the damn petition! <3

This was requested by a fan - namely me - to a staff member, so no hatin' on Degica. Got an issue, take it up with me and I'll show you my reasoning. Since some people are asshats. (Not necessarily anyone here, but there are some that are being a bit douchey about the idea.)

Also, please spread the word around to any and all sites you frequent where people use the program. The more people made aware, the better!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Holy shit! I thought this would be a "Is Rm2k3 illegal?" thread but wow. Will buy it definitely if it happens, I wonder if they would update it even?
Okay, so I changed the heading to make it clearer. Hopefully that'll help~
I don't think there would be much interest in this. Though I suppose it would depend on the pricepoint. For a fiver or so I think there'd be more interest than if it went beyond fifteen.

Or maybe throwing in a free copy of rm2k3 to buyers of vxace (or maybe even vx/xp). But generally I think rm2k3 has outlived its commercial possibility. Or... well... It outlived it back in .... 2003....
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Even so most of the games used is RPGAdvocate for 2k3 version, I think he did buy the legal version and just translated it. Also rated enterbrain late.

I don't think anyone cares anymore, alot of games were released with it even if it was downloaded illegally. They could release a RPG Edition with all pc rpg makers in shops aka 2000/003/XP/XV/Ace.

Might as well give them money, but I don't do online buying.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Well, I prefer 2k, soo...

EDIT: What the hell. Signed it anyway.
I just wanted to add this, this was brought up because it was requested. So it was thrown into the table and so the staff just asked if anyone still wanted it legally.
Also, if you're wondering why you should bother...

Why wouldn't you? It helps EB! and Degica to be inspired to make more of an effort to listen to the fans.
You no longer have to live in shame knowing you've got a pirated copy.
You will legally own it.
It also makes a neat collection item for nostalgia's sake.
You can legally sell a 2k3 game.
You will gain legal usage of the RTP that came with it so that if you want to use it in other RM engines, you can.
You'll be supporting the people who support your hobby - it's almost like you'll be supporting your hobby yourself.
You will no longer be one of the dregs of society who pulls down the rest of your hobby-kin.

Are those enough reasons? Or would you like more?

This really is a big deal, though. How many other companies would take a fan's suggestion and run with it when it comes to an older program? Wanna be part of RM history? Vote yes~
Wait til Craze catches wind of this.

Also I, support this motion.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Oh goddammit. Craze will again come here and tell how anything below XP is inferior and illegal and everyone must use a chibi RPG Maker.

Also, has Enterbrain taken interest of this yet?
The link in the opening post is the official site for EN* RPG Maker.
In other words, there has been contact made and they've said if we can raise over 1000 signatures this is a very likely occurance~

If anyone can think of other sites to post this it'd be very appreciated. So far we've gotten to:
001, RRR, HBGames, Charas-Project, RMRK, RMVX.com, SaltW, Pavillion, multimediadeaxis, Oniromancie, RMW, RMN (and FB page) and gMaker.

Another point for this:
Using Refmap legally.
Usually the Refmap authors forbid the usage of their material in connection with an illegal maker version. Unfortunately, no ass in the community cares about that. If you really wanna be legal, you should sign the petition. At least for having the rights to use the Refmap graphics in a legal way instead of shitting on their terms of usage.
Feeling inclined to sign this myself, considering how much I've used the program. Whether I'd actually buy it would depend somewhat on the price though.
This sounds like a pretty good idea, actually. I don't think I'd buy it unless there are some major bug-fixes, uddates, ect. but...

2k3 is still pretty cool(and much easier to make custom graphics for).
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Kazesui
Feeling inclined to sign this myself, considering how much I've used the program. Whether I'd actually buy it would depend somewhat on the price though.

And so EB! will make ~$40 after unwillingly supporting you rusty idiots for a decade, because nobody will bother to fucking buy it.

And then you'll all illegally patch it (even the David/Goliath patches are illegal, and probably just hacking in different symbols).

I've lost respect for anybody who supports this, more than I already lose for people still using 2k3. I'd rather EB! continued to support the current RM* generation with stuff like the music pack they just released today (40 great .ogg tracks for $20? HOLY SHIT.), or that Samurai pack, or the EB! blog that added tons of graphics to the RTP canon (including some sci-fi/modern tiles).

So yeah, I'm pretty disgusted.

Nightowl: Anything below Ace is inferior.
Craze drop dead.
User was warned for this post
Sorry you don't want to support this, Craze. We still love your irascible self, though. <3
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Oh. Okay. I suppose cool games like Blackmoon Prophecy, Hero's Realm, The Way series, A Blurred Line, Alter A.I.L.A Genesis and Starless Umbra are inferior crap, even if the last two quality games in that list made it to PC Gamer.
author=Nightowl
Oh. Okay. I suppose cool games like Blackmoon Prophecy, Hero's Realm, The Way series, A Blurred Line, Alter A.I.L.A Genesis and Starless Umbra are inferior crap, even if the last two quality games in that list made it to PC Gamer.
Hero's Realm was also featured in an australian gaming mag.