PAPER MAFIA

So in this game we actually have no idea what the rules are? Who is supposed to win? What happens if we lynch someone? Is it all backwards?

This is like playing a game of chess and after a couple of moves finding out that the rook is only allowed to move diagonally and that you win if your king is taken.

Maybe it's the villains who are supposed to lynch a townie. We all have it backwards claiming to be heroes when in fact we should claim to be a villain!

Speaking of which I suspect Marrend is a townie, maybe we should lynch him after we have lynched Trihan.
Marrend your logic is flawed, (Rather Happy's is) You haven't voted until just now and you changed in a heart beat. Indecisiveness? Clearly a villain! See how dumb that sounds? I concede to the fact that we may accidentally find a villain, but actualy taking notice of what people are saying is alot more telling than picking a random lynch number and going for a lynch. This isn't a viable strategy for a townie unless you're a villain. Which I don't think you are, I'm just saying you could have just as easily picked 5 over 3. Not that I think that's a good idea either.
(Rambling for the win again?)
I never though of lynching Trihan as anti-game, Until understanding Marrends point and until things are going a little crazy about Trihan votes (what is Shinan even saying? XD) I will keep my vote as no lynching due this huge mess, I will vote tomorrow for pyrodoom he is useless unless he start talking, and it doesn't seems like he is going to.
#cancel
#No Lynch
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I included myself on the vote count as a joke because Zeuzio joke-voted me. You cannot actually vote for the GM, that would be silly and you should all feel ashamed for entertaining the possibility.

No lynch votes do not count if there is at least one vote for someone else. A vote for a player outweighs a vote for no one.

If there's a tie, the person ejected will be determined randomly by me.

Shinan's name being in red means he's currently the one who'll be ejected when the phase ends.

Heroes and audience members win when all the villains are ejected.

Villains win if they eject all the heroes, all of the audience, or if they equalise in numbers, whichever happens first.

Am I missing anything?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
This system makes things a little weird. Any of the people voting to lynch could just be mafia spreading their votes around the town, since any one vote means death. I kind of doubt it, though.

Honestly, I'm not really comfortable with no lynching. My gut says that Shinan isn't town, but I might very well be wrong. If he is town, I don't think he's a power role. I'd rather keep my vote where it is than vote for anyone else because I don't know the alignments of the other people voting. I'm an owl.
Heh, I figured as much '^_^

In that case, I'll #eject Pyrodoom.

I had forgotten about him, and it's another inactive player that we probably won't hear from anytime soon. I dunno, I just feel that if there is gonna be a lynch today, it should be for him(because I'm still fairly sure CAVE_DOG is gonna stick to his vote)
author=Zeuzio
Heh, I figured as much '^_^

In that case, I'll #eject Pyrodoom.

I had forgotten about him, and it's another inactive player that we probably won't hear from anytime soon. I dunno, I just feel that if there is gonna be a lynch today, it should be for him(because I'm still fairly sure CAVE_DOG is gonna stick to his vote)

Hello >:(
Hi there! Thanks for joining.

Who do you think should be lynched?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Actually, there might be a bit of logic to my current vote of Gourd, but it's kinda messed up. Like how I connect claims of un-powered roles to villains. Like how he was the third person to vote for both Shinan's and Trihan's ejection.

Though, maybe I have to actually look at Happy's reasoning to remind myself why Tirhan was likely to be innocent last round.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=pyrodoom
Hello >:(

Pyrodoom, why are you actively lurking. Why are you doing it pyrodoom. That's bad for town. You don't want to be bad for town.
Marrend
Speaking of lurkers, where's Despite?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
He probably abandoned the game because he's not an amnesiac or a vigilante and is just a toadstool guy, lacking the capability to kill people at night at any stage of the game.

So, with how the votes work in this game, it would be doubly beneficial to establish someone who is "clear" at some point in the game so that we don't have this vote-spreading wishy washy nonsense. Unfortunately, we have a dearth of protective roles so this will not be easy to do. aroooga
I kind of hate the fact that eleven no lynch votes, just gets completely disregarded by two lynch votes. But, I guess a no lynch basically only happens on the first day... Still =(

And pyrodoom, c’mon now, don’t even try and tell me it was a coincidence that you replied one minute after your name was first mentioned. I’m not impressed with you, young man. I stalked Despite’s profile and yeah, he hasn’t been very active. Trihan can actually look to see if he has read his role PM yet, but I guess we’re not allowed to know that.

If we HAVE to lynch someone one on day one, I would probably vote for Despite because he’s inactive. The day doesn’t end yet, so I’ll wait for him.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Honestly, the fact that despite has not posted yet pretty much means, to me, that he is a vanillia townie.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Honestly, the fact that despite has not posted yet pretty much means, to me, that he is a vanillia townie.

You may be right, CAVE_DOG. But vanilla townies are the roles that need to talk the most. Hmmm...
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm just saying that lynching someone that is, from my point of view, probably town, is probably not beneficial to our cause (which is killing bad dudes)
Marrend
I'm looking at the roster to see who else we haven't heard from. Ark? I don't remember him signing up in the lounge thread at all. Could just be a trick of a faulty memory, though.

There were also people that voted not to eject, and then never heard from again. That was before it was revealed that votes to not eject basically don't count if there are votes to eject.
author=Marrend
I'm looking at the roster to see who else we haven't heard from. Ark? I don't remember him signing up in the lounge thread at all. Could just be a trick of a faulty memory, though.

There were also people that voted not to eject, and then never heard from again. That was before it was revealed that votes to not eject basically don't count if there are votes to eject.

Ark signed up via IRC, iirc. And yeah, there isn't near as much activity going on in general as there needs to be.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm just saying that lynching someone that is, from my point of view, probably town, is probably not beneficial to our cause (which is killing bad dudes)

That's not the way you were thinking last game. I don't see any reason to change the way you're thinking this game Dog.

I still say Shinan is suspicious by the way so

#lynch Shinan
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Little Wing Guy
And pyrodoom, c’mon now, don’t even try and tell me it was a coincidence that you replied one minute after your name was first mentioned. I’m not impressed with you, young man.

Tell me about it.

Cancel

#Eject pyrodoom