PAPER MAFIA

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Yeah, YellowJester is town, which means Gourd isn't in the clear.

Also Yellow Magic WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE THAT THING?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=SorceressKyrsty
Also Yellow Magic WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE THAT THING?

Because it might magically be correct every time

Also, can villains talk to each other during the Hero Phase? If not, could they have communicated before the first Hero Phrase?
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Villains can only communicate with each other during villain phases.
author=Trihan
Villains can only communicate with each other during villain phases.

*cough*unlesstheyPMeachother*cough*

Leaving the inactives to Bobbery seems like a good plan at least for now. That means... #Eject Shinan

Trying to look scummy when you're town is anti-town, and allows the mafia to hide behind the suspicions you place on yourself.
Trying to look scummy when you're scum is some weird reverse psychology strategy, and one that I wouldn't rule out in Shinan's case.

It's also worth pointing out that CAVE_DOG isn't necessarily clear. A very clever mafia can post just like a very pro-town player and get away with it. CAVE_DOG seems to be a very clever mafia player. There's also the fact that he seems to be a popular target for mafia, yet is still alive...We'll see what happens tomorrow.
I don't get all this anti-town throwing around. How am I anti-town? I am not the one trying to lynch people without evidence. In fact I've yet to lynch anyone apart from Trihan.

I'm not even pointing fingers at anyone (well except that I did kinda point fingers at Marrend there). I have to admit I don't at all understand this "anti-town" sentiment. Could you explain how my actions are more anti-town than yours?
author=Shinan
Well I do get a kick out of being outrageous. But ambiguous? I just go from the assumption that everyone should know that I'm town-aligned, because who in their right mind would say they're not? So in reality I'm not ambiguous at all. I'm clearly trying to be a townie.

You could say it's my technique to try to be as suspicious as possible because what mafia would go around being blatantly suspicious?

As for Marrend as townie that's nothing to read into. I just wanted to pick a name at random (though obviously not completely random, I DID pick it after all) for my reverse thing trying to lynch townies where the villains are the good guys.

And since this is a stage show, why wouldn't the villains be the good guys? We all root for them don't we?

From my perspective, a townie saying suspicious things with the excuse of "Oh, what mafia would say that?" is not very helpful for anyone, including you. The mafia love it though, as it takes suspicion off them and puts it on someone else.

That's what I mean by anti-town.
Yellow Magic
author=Zeuzio
It's also worth pointing out that CAVE_DOG isn't necessarily clear.

In that case, Zeuzio, you might be interested in my theory. Consider the past sequence of events:

1. pyrodoom does something very stupid and only speaks up when the accusing finger's pointed at him, calling one person (LWG IIRC) an asshole, then coming up with what looks like a lame excuse ("P.S.: I forgot that this game even existed til' I saw there a new post on this thread."). For this reason, most people vote for pyrodoom to be ejected as at this point it seems very obvious that he's a villain. But CAVE_DOG doesn't, and instead says:
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Yo pyrodoom I don't think you're mafia personally because I think you would have thought a little more about what you were doing if that was the case but if you're some kind of town power role you need to stop being a weirdo and save yourself from dying.

While looking from a hero's perspective what CAVE_DOG says makes sense, but consider this: pyrodoom has painted himself as a villain through his silly actions, and CAVE_DOG can see this too. However, if he were a Villain who THOUGHT pyrodoom were a villain, isn't is a possibility that CAVE_DOG tried to protect pyrodoom in order to maintain the number of villains?

2. Second day: CAVE_DOG urges town members to 'post post post', and says that only Villains have anything to hide, and as a result would only 'lurk and post awkward things and make jokes that have no impact on the game'. Again, he may speak sense here, but there's also the possibility that he's trying to tell us how he thinks the Villains would be acting while playing a very different game himself. Additionally, as I wrote earlier, having town members 'post post post' could get them accused very quickly if they weren't careful. Now, when a town member is cornered this way, what's the easiest way to prove their innocence? Reveal their role, that's what. Isn't it possible that's what CAVE_DOG is hoping for?

My argument only holds any basis on the premise that Villains can't talk to each other outside Villain Phases, meaning that on the first day, the Villains didn't know who each other were.

To explain my earlier post about figuring someone out...I hadn't. I was just trying to see how Shinan would react, which, admittedly, came out as pretty suspicious; why did Shinan think I was referring to him at all? As a result, I'm not so sure about my earlier argument and am torn between CAVE_DOG and Shinan.
I somehow doubt villains didn't know each other though. (unless this has been stated somewhere?) I would guess that in the villain role pm you'd get a list of your fellow accomplices. I mean... otherwise the day 1 lynch is really just... crazy... and if it really was that crazy then all the more reason to lynch Trihan!

So just because they couldn't communicate didn't mean they didn't know who the others were.
That theory does make sense in theory, but I'm pretty sure the mafia did know each other from the start. This is something that I asked Trihan about before the game even started and before roles were sent out, as I was inquiring about how the mafia would be communicating with each other. Also, He probably wouldn't have vehemently suspected Shinan as he did on day 1 if this was the case.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm pretty sure the villains knew who each other were because it should have been part of the PM Trihan sent them. Specifics, such as exact roles, may or may not, have been a part of that PM. Disregarding their ability, or lack thereof, to communicate to each other during Hero Phase, they at least knew who their allies were on Day 1.
Marrend
Yea for three posts that say the say thing!
Marrend
Same thing, that is.
author=Zeuzio
From my perspective, a townie saying suspicious things with the excuse of "Oh, what mafia would say that?" is not very helpful for anyone, including you. The mafia love it though, as it takes suspicion off them and puts it on someone else.

That's some kind of triple-think. Maybe everyone should bandwagon and act suspicious, then we'd know the last ones to do so were the mafia. Except of course now that I've spelled it out it's a completely useless anti-town tactic. Of course I always have to spell out everything because people read so much into posts all the time. Or should I call them people? Maybe I should call them mafia?

Also wtf is up with the moon it looks like an egg. Must be some kind of optical illusion created by the clouds nearby it.

Now I lost my train of thought.

(muahahaha my anti-town antics continue!)
Yellow Magic
Okay, I'll try accounting for the Villains knowing each other from the start.

Consider this: by the time CAVE_DOG voiced that he didn't think pyrodoom was a Villain, there were already four votes cast against pyrodoom. At this point pyrodoom was pretty much a sitting duck, so isn't is possible that in order to make himself seem like he was on the Heros' side, he stuck up for someone he knew was an audience member?

*another crackpot theory courtesy of Yellow Magic*
Yellow Magic
seem like he was on the Heros' side, he stuck up for someone he knew was an audience member?

"he" refers to CAVE_DOG
author=Shinan
author=Zeuzio

That's some kind of triple-think. Maybe everyone should bandwagon and act suspicious, then we'd know the last ones to do so were the mafia. Except of course now that I've spelled it out it's a completely useless anti-town tactic. Of course I always have to spell out everything because people read so much into posts all the time. Or should I call them people? Maybe I should call them mafia?

Also wtf is up with the moon it looks like an egg. Must be some kind of optical illusion created by the clouds nearby it.

Now I lost my train of thought.

(muahahaha my anti-town antics continue!)

STOP YOUR MIND GAMES, YOU VILE ANTI-TOWN PERSON

author=Yellow Magic
Okay, I'll try accounting for the Villains knowing each other from the start.

Consider this: by the time CAVE_DOG voiced that he didn't think pyrodoom was a Villain, there were already four votes cast against pyrodoom. At this point pyrodoom was pretty much a sitting duck, so isn't is possible that in order to make himself seem like he was on the Heros' side, he stuck up for someone he knew was an audience member?

*another crackpot theory courtesy of Yellow Magic*

I was thinking this as well. For me though, CAVE_DOG being mafia is only a possibility, not so much an actually suspicion. I'd say we should wait until after whatever happens today and tonight(in-game) before we do anything drastic. I'm keeping my vote on Shinan for now because we have plenty of time before the day's over.
I will keep to my plans (I was going to lynch ark but I don't think he is a villian, and also, he is innactive it would be a waste of turn for anyone to lynch. (heroes,villain and bobbery) so I am going for Idida1
lynch Idida1
author=Dudesoft
Gourd seems to be hopping on popular bandwagons. Either amiable or dubious.

Quite a bit happened while I was asleep.
@ Dudesoft
So what? The whole game's lynching system is setup so that this isthe most effective way to vote or else you'll just be voting and ignored. Which also answers to Marrend why I'm always 3rd - otherwise my vote doesn't matter (most of the time).]

So, don't aggro me please Marrend but
#Eject Shinan
Who to vote!!! I really do not like randomvoting