PAPER MAFIA

Whoops nevermind Marrend.

I'm not sure how Trihan got Marrend out of Shinan. I don't even think Marrend is suspicious.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Well, if pyrodoom was the "Cop" we are royally screwed.
Let's hope the cop is still alive and can gather a solid amount of investigations quickly before claiming.

As for today, I hate to be a dick, but I am not entirely convinced about Shinan yet.
(Someone remind me again, what was the reason to vote for him?)

I'm going to leave this to get things moving further:
#Eject Idida1
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Would you like to explain how having a hero roleclaim (we didn't even know if he was a hero or audience at that point) and be under Koops' protection would be somehow WORSE than killing him?

At first, it wouldn't, however:

(1) Most obviously, this rule:
If he successfully protects a hero or audience member, he can't protect during the next villain phase as he's recovering.

(2) As the game goes on and fingers are pointed at different people, it would be harder for the Koop to correctly predict the Villains' target(s).

(3) What if the Koop themselves is revealed?
Yellow Magic
(2) extend the part beyond the comma to include "and more people reveal themselves"
Yellow Magic
BEFORE the comma asdfdsfasdedf
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
author=Gourd_Clae
Whoops nevermind Marrend.

I'm not sure how Trihan got Marrend out of Shinan. I don't even think Marrend is suspicious.

It was because in the post where you voted for Shinan, you were saying something to Marrend directly before it. I saw Marrend's name and somehow in my mind that's where your vote was.
Yellow Magic
Koops*. Sorry for knowing nothing about the Super Mario universe
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Gourd_Clae
I'm not sure how Trihan got Marrend out of Shinan.

You were like, "Don't lash out on me, Marrnend, but #eject Shinan." Probably because you were thinking I'd pounce on you for being vote #3. For the third time.

Wait a sec...!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=Yellow Magic
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Would you like to explain how having a hero roleclaim (we didn't even know if he was a hero or audience at that point) and be under Koops' protection would be somehow WORSE than killing him?
At first, it wouldn't, however:

(1) Most obviously, this rule:
If he successfully protects a hero or audience member, he can't protect during the next villain phase as he's recovering.

(2) As the game goes on and fingers are pointed at different people, it would be harder for the Koop to correctly predict the Villains' target(s).

(3) What if the Koop themselves is revealed?

What is this?

1. So what? Having a hero alive for one more day is clearly better than having him dead.

2. As the game goes on? If pyrodoom claimed hero, he probably would have been either a. not targeted if he was not the cop or b. been alive for one more day, again.

3. How would this even happen and how does it have any bearing at all on this hypothetical?
author=rabitZ
Let's hope the cop is still alive and can gather a solid amount of investigations quickly before claiming.

As for today, I hate to be a dick, but I am not entirely convinced about Shinan yet.

#Eject Idida1

Because he's acting odd, and like Chana said, the longer we let this continue the more confused we're going to make ourselves. This also isn't very good for Koops' health. According to Yellow magic, confusing Koops is the last thing we want.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Evidently, I can't even spell my own user name.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
3. How would this even happen and how does it have any bearing at all on this hypothetical?

They'd go right for Koops if they knew who he was.

@Marrend I was honestly expecting you to say something regardless.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=rabitZ

#Eject Idida1

You posted your suspiciions for Little wing guy and mirrormasq, mirrormasq's reasoning being that he is lurking as you have been doing, but nothing about Idida, not even in this very post. Please explain your reasoning for lynching. People keep saying "I don't like to randomly lynch so I will not vote Shinan even though Cavedog is Supercop and investigated all the mafia d0" and then seem to ignore posts like this.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Gourd_Clae
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
They'd go right for Koops if they knew who he was.

@Marrend I was honestly expecting you to say something regardless.

Yeah, of course, but how does that have anything to do with pyrodoom roleclaiming? How does pyrodoom roleclaiming contribute, in any way, to the revealing of who Koops is? Yeah, of course if Koops gets revealed that's bad. The same could be said for ALL of the hero roles and even the audience members to some extent. It's such a non-statement that I question why it was even said.
Because Pyrodoom could be Koops, and we don't want Koops to die, and he can't protect himself.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Marrend
Evidently, I can't even spell my own user name.

I've generally thought that you were a townie, but this statement you made

I'm pretty sure the villains knew who each other were because it should have been part of the PM Trihan sent them. Specifics, such as exact roles, may or may not, have been a part of that PM.

Is extremely weird and villainous-sounding to me because of the second sentence. It strikes me as very unnatural.
Yellow Magic
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
What is this?

1. So what? Having a hero alive for one more day is clearly better than having him dead.

2. As the game goes on? If pyrodoom claimed hero, he probably would have been either a. not targeted if he was not the cop or b. been alive for one more day, again.

1. Whether they die one day or the day after, those are BOTH undesirable scenarios. Whether one option is better than the other's a moot point as the Villains would still stand to benefit from a role revelation.

2. Well, yeah, obviously, but he was at the point where he did something stupid and ..just wasn't thinking straight. Again, that's not the issue; we don't want a lot of people revealing their roles - if it weren't a big deal I'd come right out and say "HEY I'M A DOCTOR" but who does that?

3. What Gourd said. It's a hypothetical but all possible scenarios should be considered in Mafia. Leave no stone unturned. The truth lies within. That's one of my rules.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Gourd_Clae
Because Pyrodoom could be Koops, and we don't want Koops to die, and he can't protect himself.

He was going to die if he did NOT roleclaim. I don't see what the issue is here.

IF pyrodoom was Koops:

If he claims: He is killed during the nightphase
If he doesn't claim: He is killed during the dayphase, then another townie is killed at night.

If Pyrodoom was NOT koops:

If he claims: He is protected for a while and then dies, probably.
If he does not claim: Dies during the day.

Pyrodoom claiming was a better idea in every situation
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Yellow Magic
1. Whether they die one day or the day after, those are BOTH undesirable scenarios. Whether one option is better than the other's a moot point as the Villains would still stand to benefit from a role revelation.

2. Well, yeah, obviously, but he was at the point where he did something stupid and ..just wasn't thinking straight. Again, that's not the issue; we don't want a lot of people revealing their roles - if it weren't a big deal I'd come right out and say "HEY I'M A DOCTOR" but who does that?

3. What Gourd said. It's a hypothetical but all possible scenarios should be considered in Mafia. Leave no stone unturned. The truth lies within. That's one of my rules.

It's not in any way a moot point. One situation is clearly and objectively better for the town. There is no reason to not want it to happen, unless you are mafia.

It would have been ONE person revealing his role, and the purpose of that would have been to not die during that day.

I've already addressed Gourd's statements.
Yellow Magic
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Yeah, of course, but how does that have anything to do with pyrodoom roleclaiming? How does pyrodoom roleclaiming contribute, in any way, to the revealing of who Koops is? Yeah, of course if Koops gets revealed that's bad. The same could be said for ALL of the hero roles and even the audience members to some extent. It's such a non-statement that I question why it was even said.

I don't get where pyrodoom roleclaiming even come into this?

The point was you seem to suggest that nothing wrong could come out of Heroes/Audience members 'post post post'ing where even you seem to have admitted that isn't the case.