[PLUG-IN] [RM2K3] ANIMATED MONSTERS PLUGIN

This is strange but I can't make it work in my lufia project, the animations don't change
author=bulmabriefs144
Bleh, finally got it to work. Apparently, I did something simple like forget to move the file into the DynRPG folder.

Hey, can someone (preferably Cherry) make an alt-version of this? I like that it checks for the folder with the same name and opens it. But it errors alot and blanks out single frame graphics, since it tries to work on EVERY monster, not just those with a folder. Some of my characters are single frame and some are placeholders (I have monsters that respawn, unless you kill them properly, and I have extended story battles), and as a result only have one graphic for them. I'd like to be able to either somehow set which ones do or don't work (possibly through DynRPG.ini) or have it automated to check whether there is in fact a folder, and if not run the default file.

you could create all the animation frames using the 1 graphic for them, so if it tries to animate there will be no visual change. I'm sure it would be preferable to have more control over the plugin, but at least a workaround exists.
This guy named Andrew Keturi (no clue whose username that is), emailed me back about it, and I made this code.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5kbdvg4mim1dl9h

It's pretty good, it allows just the characters with the name "MonsterName" to be the target of this. Ideally, it could be better (you have to basically custom code it to your game), but for my purposes it's good enough.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
author=bulmabriefs144
This guy named Andrew Keturi (no clue whose username that is), emailed me back about it, and I made this code.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5kbdvg4mim1dl9h

It's pretty good, it allows just the characters with the name "MonsterName" to be the target of this. Ideally, it could be better (you have to basically custom code it to your game), but for my purposes it's good enough.
That would be me--I wrote this plugin.
I knew it.

Dragonheartman is taking credit for something some other dragonheartman has done.
Hmm... Kind of a necropost, maybe, but I was wondering the possibility of making an "attack" animation.
Since you could ideally leave the "attack" frame blank, and instead use a battle animation for each skill, it would be awesome and very simple to program!
dragonheartman
author=JosephSeraph
Hmm... Kind of a necropost, maybe, but I was wondering the possibility of making an "attack" animation.
Since you could ideally leave the "attack" frame blank, and instead use a battle animation for each skill, it would be awesome and very simple to program!

Shouldn't be too difficult. I'm considering trying to implement it. You'd of course probably have to use a few blank frames before the animations in your enemy skills.
Perfect! This allows for a ludicrous ammount of customization! Oh my, also, thank you very much for this awesome plugin! ^v^)/ <3
Also, while you're at it, Cherry says you could probably check for 1.png and keep out all the non-animated stuff that way.
dragonheartman
author=bulmabriefs144
Also, while you're at it, Cherry says you could probably check for 1.png and keep out all the non-animated stuff that way.
Yeah that is the best way to do it.

...What lines to the code would I have to add to make it check for that?
Hm, I understand nothing of C+. >=
And I don't have the time to learn right now, though I'd like to, futurely. =/
dragonheartman
author=bulmabriefs144

...What lines to the code would I have to add to make it check for that?

I don't know the specific lines unless I sit down and try to implement it. (I haven't.)

Something like this will work. It would need to be done when the images are first loaded.
Yea, I know the basics about filestreaming (I got KazStream to work using it). I just dunno how to handle folders (having the 1.png file is not really useful if it gives me Slime/1.png when I want EvilTree/1.png).

author=dragonheartman
I don't know the specific lines unless I sit down and try to implement it. (I haven't.)

Just take your time with it, no rush. Currently, I'm at the stage where I can think of alot of things that could be done, but in order to do them, I generally have to whip out a zillion lines of rpgmaker code over 10 of C++.
Having tinkered minus ten times with how the DynRPG works, and like 1,5 times with C++... a quick google search turned up this:

(Apparently, it works)

#include <windows.h>
#include <string>

bool dirExists(const std::string& dirName_in)
{
DWORD ftyp = GetFileAttributesA(dirName_in.c_str());
if (ftyp == INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES)
return false; //something is wrong with your path!

if (ftyp & FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY)
return true; // this is a directory!

return false; // this is not a directory!
}

I think that you can check for folder name using the MonsterName and if it doesn't exist, then skip animating it. Anyway, I'm probably wrong and out of context.
It probably does work. I unfortunately, cannot test it, because I get the error:

undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
I think it's because it uses the winAPI, and it may cause conflicts. Dunno.
windows.h is already included by DynRPG.h, so you don't need to include it twice!
I don't suppose there is a newer version of this that supports transforming enemies? I use transformations quite heavily in my boss battles to broadcast their upcoming attacks.
dragonheartman
author=Panaxiom
I don't suppose there is a newer version of this that supports transforming enemies? I use transformations quite heavily in my boss battles to broadcast their upcoming attacks.
Not yet. I haven't tested this functionality, unfortunately. It's on my list though.

I just implemented attacking animations. I'll upload a video later tonight.