[PLUG-IN] [RM2K3] ANIMATED MONSTERS PLUGIN

author=bulmabriefs144
Yeah, this exit screen thing was mentioned as part of the health_bar thread.

and this bug is fixed? I read the health bar post, i can`t see a solution for this.

Thanks for your time
I have no idea...

I don't use the health_bar.
hi there
I already said how great this plugin is and all so straight to the point ^^
Dunno how the plugin works but it seems like the attacking animation is quite hard
to do...
Now during the times when there was no DynRPG I came up with my own way for making monsters have a battle animation... well and I wonder if it would make this problem more easy to solve if you were to try it this way...
The way I did it is to add a part of the battle background to monsters battle animation file (in either the Battle or Battle2 folder (2k3))...
Now if I put together (animate) the animation of an enemy I would put the background part behind the monsters battle animation...
With this if the monster attacks in battle I would show the battle animation above the monster and the background tile would cover the original static sprite of the monster with the animated sprite above...
Of course this solution has a lot of problems... you have to choose on what to show the battle animation... either the player or the monster... if it was the monsters then it cannot attack a specific hero and if its a hero on which the monster attack animation is shown it wouldn't work because then the animation would be placed differently for each hero and would no longer cover the original monsters static sprite...
Furthermore the background part of the battle animation could also cover different monsters which resulted in my idea only being useful for boss monsters...
Here's a video to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEfscf3FEKE

Now here's my question/idea...
If there are different "layers" in battle (and I dunno if there are) which specify which monster is above which monster and if there's a way to cut parts of the background graphics and somehow store them as a new picture (or if there's a way to access the battle animation file) wouldn't it be possible to do the same thing I did just more flexible by showing it a specific "layer" (thus make it work for more enemies), making it work for different backgrounds and make it work for attacking a specific hero...
Well thats it... just wanted to give you ideas... and I bet this would be terrible costly to code...

PS: Btw I could still need a on/off switch for the plugin ^^; http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10855/?post=375071#post375071
That's actually really cool.

There is PicturesInBattle which lets you handle pictures in battle. You could probably pre-include that, and insert a custom cutout with just the monster area animated or something.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
Great workaround. :) I did something similar in another canceled project of mine.

I implemented attack poses a while back. Unfortunately I'm not using DynRPG or supporting my plugins anymore.
author=bulmabriefs144
That's actually really cool.
There is PicturesInBattle which lets you handle pictures in battle. You could probably pre-include that, and insert a custom cutout with just the monster area animated or something.

Dunno if that could work but unless PicsInBattle fully works for DynRPG it wouldn't work anyway... (Unfortunately PicsInBattle only partly works with DynRPG - all pictures are shown below the battle animations - at least thats what I experienced)
Anyway if there's already a working plugin I can probably get rid of all the work I had by using this way... I just wondered about the saidtoexist error of your edited dragonheartman plugin bulmabriefs ^^

author=dragonheartman
Great workaround. :) I did something similar in another canceled project of mine.
Which is the reason it was cancelled? ;)

author=dragonheartman
I implemented attack poses a while back. Unfortunately I'm not using DynRPG or supporting my plugins anymore.

I see... ^^; well poor dynrpg world to have lost you... poor me... I was still hoping to get the health bar plugin ;_;
author=dragonheartman

What? Why is that? You did great things with it. What's going to happen to Starless Umbra?
dragonheartman, quitters never win. And...

And that's why you should try again.
author=dragonheartman

sorry to hear that, i guess you have your own reasons.

I guess there's no way we'll see that issue with the "monster transform" not showing correctly, fixed anytime soon :(
The lot of us could team up and work on it then.

Like this.

How can you put the images into the folder and make the background transparent? The background shows up with the monster idk what I'm doing wrong.
dragonheartman, please update the links.
Why when I test the animations I get the white border?
author=dragonheartman
I thought you guys might like this!

For advanced users--feel free to re-compile my source linked on the first page. You'll need to add some images in your pictures folder for the cast animations, and flag which skill ID's to do the casting pose for manually (in the on-startup look at the castingTable array (ugh I know it should probably be a linked list)).

New poses required:
7.png - approaching attack
8.png - returning back from attack
9-11.png - attacking/casting frames

The code is an absolute mess at the moment, but it works.

Casual plugin users, I'll make this more user-friendly eventually. :X

Anyone ever figure out how to work this...
Was really looking forward to this..
I don't really care if this is a bump or not. I just want to know if its possible to write out a code that makes enemies transparent when they act. allowing me to use battle animations for their poses. Having idle and hurt animations are nice, but it looks bland if the enemies stand still when they attack.
http://thejudge.tumblr.com/post/104827608954/me-messing-with-dynrpg-animated-battlers-ive
for showcasing what I have. The only downside thats going on here is that I can't get the enemy sprites to go transparent when they attack.
I think they have mainly complex attack cycles, but yea you're right simply blanking that out and doing an animation would be better.
I'm pretty sure there's an updated version of this plugin that does include attack animation frames somewhere since I'm using it in my game. But I don't remember where it was posted... you could probably find it by searching some of the RM2K3 plugin threads or PM dragonheartman for it.
author=Milennin
I'm pretty sure there's an updated version of this plugin that does include attack animation frames somewhere since I'm using it in my game. But I don't remember where it was posted... you could probably find it by searching some of the RM2K3 plugin threads or PM dragonheartman for it.
If you find it let me kno. I honestly just want the monster to disappear when attacking and using an animation to do the actual attack.