TAKE DOWN: INFINITY SHIFT ~FORUM RPG~

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
(To read LockeZ original forum game, go HERE!)
All the other info:
LockeZ burden was tiresome. I'm going to try and eleviate him of 1/2 the trouble. Even if it'll be tiresome to me! This is like Space_Monkey's RPG that we played back in August this will be an RPG played using the Roll To Dodge system.
I will also be including the levelling system of Dungeons and Drag-Queens, except none of you will have stats.

If you aren't familiar with Roll To Dodge, it's a really really simple tabletop RPG. Instead of the typical forty thousand rules, it really only has one main rule once the game starts. On every turn, each player gets to attempt one action. I will then roll a standard six-sided die to decide if you succeed:
1) Critical failure plus major backfire
2) Failure
3) Partial success
4) Success
5) Epic success
6) Success plus backfire or collateral damage (items or skills that grant a bonus to hit chance cannot change your roll from a 5 to a 6)
(I will probably be doing this more like Dungeons and Drag-Queens, since it's what I'm used to.)

This means everything you do has a high chance of failing and a high chance of backfiring, resulting in typically hilarious scenarios. On the plus side, if you die, you will be revived at the next inn.

ABILITIES
When you join you can pick one usable spell or ability from any Final Fantasy game. Your character will have that ability. I will do my best to approximate the effects of this ability in the Roll To Dodge gameplay; it may not be as powerful as it was in the original game. You will be able to use your ability once per day.
You must learn skills from the job class you've selected the first two abilities from. From now onwards, you are those two classes combined. I will deny any claim of skillsets outside your classes, should you make them.

LEVELS
You will gain 1 EXP after each creature/character kill. Each level up costs the current level EXP amount. (IE Level 5 -> Level 6 = 5 EXP) Each Level will give you 1 HP.
You will gain 1 skill on every tenth level, as well as 1 MP.

Post your action once, and don't post anything else. If you need to change your action before I tally (and I will post a notification that I'm about to write the next phase) then use the stroke line function. This way we can keep the topic organised and easy to read!

This will be a Final Fantasy themed game.

You can also try to basically anything else non-magical that you think is realistic given your surroundings and inventory. Depending on how loosely you interpret the term "realistic," I might make the failure chance higher than normal.
Weapon Shop

Weapons
Main Gauche: 14 gil. Might attack more than once. (Thief-Type Jobs)
Mage Masher: 20 gil. May cause "Mute" status. (Thief-Type Jobs)
Mythril Sword: 20 gil. +1 Attack Roll.
Icebrand: 40 gil. +1 Attack Roll, Ice Damage. (Knight-Type Jobs)
Blood Sword: Rare Find/Stolen Item. +1 Attack Roll. If successful attack, reroll to heal injuries.
Crossbow: 20 gil. Long Range.
Romandan Pistol: 25 gil. +1 Attack Roll, costs 1 Turn to reload.
Javelin: 18 gil. -1 Attack Roll, Long-Range. +1 Attack Roll, Close-Range.
Holy Lance: 90 gil. -1 Attack Roll, Long-Range. +1 Attack Roll, Close-Range. Holy Damage.
White Staff: 30 gil. Removes Doom, if Hero is the target.
Cure Staff: 160 gil. Cure 1 Target of injuries, by attacking them...
Wizard Rod: 80 gil. -1 Attack Roll. +1 Skill Roll.
Poison Rod: 80 gil. -1 Attack Roll. Reroll to affect poison.
Cypress Pole: 40 gil. -1 Attack Roll. It is a 10 foot long pole.
Scorpion Tail: 40 gil. +2 Attack Roll. Reroll for personal injury.
Harp: 25 gil. May put 1 Enemy to sleep. (Bard Job)
Ama-no-Murakumo: 90 gil. +1 Attack Roll, +1 Skill Roll. (Ninja, Samurai Jobs)
Battle Axe: 50 gil. +2 Attack Roll. (Squire and Viking Jobs)
Chaos Blade: 2000 gil. +3 Attack Roll. (Knight-Type Jobs)
Nunchaku: 150 Gil. Roll to Hit 2 Enemies. (Seed and Monk-Type Jobs Only)
Masamune: 9000 gil. +6 Attack Roll. +99 Attack Power. 3 Double Materia Slots. (Sephiroth Only)

Armor Shop

Body Armor
Clothing: 1 gil. Immune to "Nude" status.
Linen Cuirass: 40 gil. +1 Dodge Roll. (All Jobs)
Chainmail: 440 gil. +2 Dodge Roll. (Knight-Type Jobs)
Jujitsu Gi: 200 gil. +1 Attack Roll. (Monk-Type Jobs)
Silk Robe: 100 gil. +1 Skill Roll. (Mage-Type Jobs)

Shields
Escutcheon: 1000 gil. +1 Dodge Roll against projectiles. (All Jobs, except Monk-Type)
Buckler: 2000 gil. +2 Dodge Roll against projectiles. (All Jobs Jobs, except Monk-Type)
Gold Armlet: Won at Golden Saucer. +20 Dodge Roll. 2 Materia Slots. (All Jobs)

Headgear
Leather Cap: 1 gil. Keeps the sun out of your eyes.
Wizard's Hat: 50 gil. +1 Skill Dodge Roll. (Mage-Type Jobs)
Feather Cap: 65 gil. +1 Dodge Roll against Nature. (All Jobs)
Green Beret: 40 gil. Take first action. If more than 1 Hero has Green Beret, roll for turn place. (All Jobs)
Twist Headband: 70 gil. +1 Action Roll outside battle. (Monk-Type Jobs)
Iron Helm: 100 gil. +2 Dodge Roll against Nature. (Knight-Type Jobs)

Accessories
Battle Boots: 50 Gil. Move +1 (All Jobs)
Power Gauntlet: 50 gil. +1 Dodge Roll when something happens to hands. (All Jobs)
Germinas Boots: 100 gil. +1 Roll when preforming physical feats outside of battle. (All Jobs)
Barette: 20000 gil. Protects from "Stone", "Confuse", "Zombie", "Berserk", "Stop", "Charm", and "Sleep". (Only Women)
Rubber Shoes: 230 gil. Null Lightning-Type attacks. (All Jobs)
Feather Boots: 300 gil. Causes wearer to float above the ground. (All Jobs)
Bracer: 400 gil. +2 Dodge Roll when something happens to hands. (Knight-Type Jobs)
Angel Ring: 1500 gil. Immune to "Blind". Grants "Auto-Life", which negates 1 "KO" per day. (All Jobs)
Protect Ring: 160 gil. Immune to "Sleep" and "Doom". (All Job Types, except Knight-Type)
Ribbon: Rare Find. +1 Dodge Roll on status effects. (All Jobs)
Tough Ring: Rare Find. +50 HP (All Jobs)

Item Shop

Potion: 50 gil. Cures 1 Hero of injuries.
Hi-Potion: 300 gil. Cures 2 Heroes of injuries.
X-Potion: Rare Find. Cures 3 Heroes of injuries. (Can only be purchased in certain stores/worlds)
Ether: 25 gil. Resets 1 Heroes' skill cool-down.
Elixir: Rare Find. Fully restores 1 Hero of injury and resets skill cool-down.
Phoenix Down: Rare Find. Revive 1 KO'd Hero.
Antidote: 8 gil. Heals 1 Hero of "Poison" status.
Eye Drop: 5 gil. Heals 1 Hero of "Blind" status.
Gold Needle: 15 gil. Heals 1 Hero of "Stone" status.
Maiden's Kiss: 15 gil. Heals 1 Hero of "Frog" status.
Echo Herbs: 10 gil. Heals 1 Hero of "Mute" status.
Remedy: 25 gil. Cure 1 Hero of all status effects.
Holy Water: 1 gil. Heals 1 Hero of "Zombie" status.
Shuriken: 10 gil. Long Range. 1 Use.
Flameburst Bomb: 18 gil. Weak Fire Damage. 1 Use.
Snowmelt Bomb: 18 gil. Weak Ice Damage. 1 Use.
Spark Bomb: 18 gil. Weak Lightning Damage. 1 Use.
Gysahl Greens: 100 gil. Cures 1 Pet of injuries or keeps a chocobo occupied for 2 turns in battle. Can also summon Chubby Chocobo in Chocobo Forests.
Tent: 15 gil. Cures the Party of status effects, injury or KO, and restores skill cool-downs. Can only be used in the open world, or at save points.
Gnomish Bread: 1 gil. Allows you to see the current World Map.
Bacchus's Wine: Rare Find. Casts "Haste" and "Berserk" on 1 Hero. Affects last for 1 Battle.
Tissue: 1 gil. "This one's a little tough..."
Smoke Bomb: 100 gil. Escape from any random encounter. Does not work during Battle Arenas, or Boss Battles.
Arctic Wind: 100 gil. Cast "Ice 1" on enemy target.
Torch: 2 gil. See in the darkness.
Bottled Water: 1 gil. To quench thirst...?
Flask of booze: 4 gil. Gets you drunk. You'll fail every action while drunk. It'll always be funny though!
Dried meat: 2 gil. Mmm! Nothing beats Sahagin Jerky!
Lockpick set: 38 gil. May unlock locked doors. 1 Use.
Rope: 1 gil. It is 10 feet long.

Magic Shop

Summon Materia: Used to summon creatures to aid in battle.
Magic Materia: Used to cast spells, including Black, White, and status-inducing spells. Also affects Strength and Magic stats. (1 Poison, 1 Blind.)
Command Materia: Allows the use of extra commands in battle.
Support Materia: Can be linked to other Materia in order to enhance their effects.
Independant Materia: Various functions, including increasing stats and auto-abilities.

Mog House

Moogle: 85 gil. Attack for you, and preform cute tasks. Has a mind of its own.
Dog: 20 gil. Faithful Pet. Great attacker.
Mini-Adamantoise: 8 gil. They're adorable versions of the terrifying Adamantoise monster. Not very strong.
Motorcycle: 95 gil. Great mode of transportation. Terrible idea inside caves. Just sayin'.
Cactuar: 9 gil. They're fast, and nimble. They require water at least once a day. Still, they're great attackers.
Chocobo: Must Be Caught. The fastest mode of transportation. They are also able to attack at the same time as you do.
Croakadile Bag: 5 gil. Allows a Pet to carry inventory.

Job Center

In some towns or worlds, you can change your Job Class. The available Job Classes can be found or purchased in various ways. Some are extremely hard to obtain. Bard and Dancer are Male and Female exclusive, respectively. You can only pick skills that are either unlocked, found or purchased.
Current Jobs and Skills Unlocked
Freelancer (Skills: N/A.)
Squire (Skills: Accumulate, Heal.)
Knight (Skills: Weapon Break, Speed Break.)
Thief (Skills: Gilgame Heart, Steal Heart.)
Monk (Skills: Repeating Fist, Wave Fist.)
White Mage (Skills: Cure, Raise, Sight.)
Black Mage (Skills: Fire, Ice, Thunder.)
Blue Mage (Skills: Screech.)
Red Mage (Skills: Cure, Fire, Ice, Thunder.)
Soldier (Skills: None.)
Lady Luck (Skills: Slot, Bribe.)

Player Status Menu is HERE.

Story So Far:
The Crystal Quest

The game started outside Narsh (FF6). Here, the world began to splinter. While some warriors were killed inside the caves, a select few were sucked into a Rift between time and space.
The travellers found themselves in a vast emptiness, later understood to be the Void (FF5). Here they each found a shard of a crystal. Each shard granted them a Job Class. The shards united power brought a nearby tree back to life. It turned out to be Neo ExDeath. Reborn, the great tree did battle with these travellers, only to be victorious! In the battle ExDeath broke free of his shackles to the elemental spirits blinding him. At once, ExDeath cast the travellers through another Rift, and resumed his desire to combine the two worlds into one.

The travellers fell down a hole after exiting the Rift, and landed in a goblin-infested cave. The team battled valiantly, even after Allen Hunter lost one of his legs, they came to a wide chamber. In it, newcomer Khos was battling a giant turtle. After the battle, the travellers found themselves in the presence of a giant Crystal. It spoke the the travellers and dubbed four of them thw Warriors of Light and the other four, the Warriors of Darkness. Together, they would be the Warriors of Dawn. The Crystal sent them on a quest: find the other Crystals and return balance to the universe.

South of the cave is the Village of Ur. After Zeuzio receives a MogNet message, an earthquake destroys the village. The heroes barely escape with their lives as Locke and Cid arrive in an airship to rescue them.

The Reactor Incident

Heading skuth further, based on Xavion's guidance, the team arrives in Nibelheim. Here they meet and join Sephiroth's expedition to the Nibelheim Mako Reactor. Acting as a local tourguide, Selphie joins the party as well.

On the way to the Reactor, their airship crashes in the ocean as the engine fails. Here, the team unravel the secrets of License Boards when Locke and Allen Hunter attack a mysterious hooded woman. Vanishing in a flash of fire and smoke, Locke finds himself with a special License Panel.
Forced to now travel in the water, they first encounter a legion of angry seahorse, followed by a crashlanding on the shore nearby the Reactor. Here, they encounter a giant Guard Scorpion (FF7). During the fight a mysterious hooded casts Magic Missile on the monster, vanishing as well. Also, Archeia joined the party in her search for the Fire Crystal.
The Warriors of Dawn barely survive the battle against Guard Scorpion. When they wake up from being unconscious, it is three days later.
Apparently, Sepiroth had been inside the Reactor already, and brought the Warriors back to outside Nibelheim. Zeuzio heads into the town, and finds Sephiroth holed up in a secret room in the basement of the Shinra Mansion.
There, he was busy reading, and told Zeuzio to bugger off.
For another three days and three nights, Zeuzio waited. At long last, she decided to look into how her amazing SOLDIER friend was doing. True to the FF7 Destiny layed out before him, Sephiroth went mad. Claiming Zeuzio's ancestors took what was rightfully his mother's. And so, he set off to go visit Mother at the Reactor. On the way, burning down the town of Nibelheim, and defeating the entire party.
When Zeuzio arrived, the Party was out cold, and the airship had been stolen.

Prison

The aftermath of the Reactor Incident left the Warriors of Dawn in discontent. Deciding that Sephiroth had to be stopped, they head for the Reactor. Only one little problem: there's an ocean between them and it. So, following Cid to the next town, they enter a normal Random Encounter against an easy goblin foe.
When suddenly, an armored man on chocobo-back arrived to tell the Warriors that they were in violation of the Maximum Party Size Law, and gave them a Yellow Card.
Soon after, when the Warriors disregarded the lunatic, they were given a Red Card, and instantly teleported to a desert prison. Corel Prison as it turned out.
The only way out, is up the giant tower in the middle of the prison.
Splitting up into groups of four or less (the apparent new Law that prohibits groups any bigger) the Warriors venture onwards.
4 go to visit Arthur, the head honcho of Corel Prison. 4 attempt to leave the prison using the spell Warp (which led to a long trek through the wasteland desert, fighting Sandworms). 3 went battling some bandits. One of the bandits stole Ceal from the group. Locke and Selphie were forced to chase the bandit to Bandit's Hideout.
It turned out that 'the Don' of the bandits was looking for a new bride. Locke and Selphie were permitted to try their luck with this game.

It was revealed that Arthur was two things. First, a drunk. Second, the killer of Khos' wife. Khos dueled Arthur in a 1-vs-1 man's battle. Meanwhile, the Don turned out to be, Don Miguel, an inspirational speaker or something. He picked Locke. Ceal and Selphie battled the perverts they were discarded to after Don's rejection, alongside the other wife candidates. Ques Quen, Indrah, EvilEagles and Elements joined the escape.
While Ceal, Selphie, Indrah and Ques Quen left the normal way, Elements and EvilEagles left yet another way.
On their exit, Elements and EvilEagles found themselves faced against a summoner marvelling at the larvae spawn pit of the Sandworms. He at once engaged the duo in battle, summoning the powerful waterfiend, Cagnazzo!
Drawn to the commotion, Zeuzio and MrChearlie notice the ruckus while standing near Khos' man's battle. They rush down the earth slop to help out, but the battle is short-lived. When Cagnazzo was defeated, the summoner, Seymour Guado, vanishes into a portal of darkness. Elements and EvilEagles dive into the portal at once before it closes, leaving Zeuzio and MrChearlie to return whence they came.
In this time, part of the Party is fighting Allen Hunter, who failed his Focus and turned into the fal'Cie named Sacrefice.
Locke all-the-while, has pilfered everything in sight in the Don's chamber. He was cast into a trapdoor, and fell into a dark pit.
While everything was going on, he was trying to find a way out of the Dark Dungeon. At the end, he came across a waterfall chamber. Though he saw a way out, he was stopped when the floor started rising, only to ultimately turn out to be Ruby WEAPON (FF7). When all hope was lost, EvilEagles and Elements appeared out another dark portal, and he found an Ultima Weapon.

Back in town, Arthur agreed to get the party up the tower, after getting severely drunk during his battle against Khos.
After a great feast, prepared by Archeia, Arthur unraveled his past. The story led Xavion aka Vicks to remember who he was. It also brings realisation that Arthur needs to hand over a device named Flushex, and pay for his crime of murdering Khos' wife.
Back in town, those who waited behind are greeted by Ester, the chocobo jockey manager.

That's where we are. At the end of the Prison chapter.
Switch-a-roo!

(Also, I'll get back to DDQ...eventually :x)

EDIT2:

I'll pick Dice as my second skill. You know, Cait Sith's Dice from FF7. I may as well be consistent!
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
No! I'll never abandon LockeZ's Forum RPG!

JK. Ok... I'm joining. :)

I'll pick "Cure" as my second skill.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Sign me up also.

my ability is Wing It, in which YOU choose an action I should preform. (Anything you want.)
That is risky.
I am in, later I will buy and select my ability :)
I shall switch as well!
My second ability will be Armor Break from FFX.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh, cool, you decided to actually do it. I knew people thought splitting it was a good idea, but didn't expect anyone to actually volunteer.
Dudesoft
Adon, you really don't want Wing It as an ability. Since it's not Final Fantasy themed, I literally promise you that skill will kill you each time you use it.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Ok, something else then?
Well, I have Darkside, which sends a wave of darkness at everything in front of me.
I'll swap and shall take NulAll from Final Fantasy as my second skill.
Dudesoft
That is everyone. I'm going to co-ordinate with LockeZ and then get this show on the road.
Warning: I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics lately... ahem...
My second ability: Mighty Guard.
Dudesoft
Alright, we're all set. I'll start as soon as LockeZ is ready. These games will be run sort of side-by-side and will be connected.
Also! Skills will be gained every tenth level, instead of every second. In retrospect these characters would end up waaaaaaaay too over-powered next to LockeZ party. It might work in solo Dungeons and Drag-Queens, but not so much here.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Question, question! Will players be able to use each skill once per day, or will they still only have one skill use per day but now they get to pick which one to use?
Dudesoft
Hmm... I think Day One they can use both, and we'll see if it makes things too easy. brb writing intro... sorry for the wait!
Dudesoft
As the Rift closes, the team finds themselves on a rocky crop of earth. It appears you are on a floating island, as a great expansive of stars and emptiness surrounds you.
The ground was long ago torn by a battle, and there a lay a dead tree across the platform. Gourd_Clae is the first to stir. He finds by his head a shard of crystal. When grabbing it, there is a flash of light. In an instant, he finds the job class Knight at his disposal! The others soon follow suit, finding Crystal Shards of their own... 
Zeuzio found his foot touching one! He gains the job class, Gambler!
RabitZ finds the White Mage class! The crystal was in his trousers for some reason!
Allen Hunter gains the Master class under his back, wait, what? You already had that class? Having two classes is over-rated anyway!
MrChearlie found a crystal in his ear, it gave him Scholar!
Adon237 finds a crystal under the dead tree! He learns the Dark Knight class!
Xavion found one on the far ledge of the floating island... He learns the Magus!
The crystals glow when the team holds them together, and emit a great wave of power. The energy surge causes grass to grow and teaches the group their second abilities (the ones you just picked).
It was a great success!
However, the crystal shards lose power, and you all feel a great tremor as if the island were being ripped apart. A booming voice heeds you, as if four voices were joined as one. 
"Winds of fate blow again...
Flames of history ignite...
Sand of time begin to fall...
Tide of the past flow onward..."
When the group turns to face this threat, they find the tree errecting itself, coming back to life. It bends and twists, and crushes the ground around you! Thankfully, you all deftly leap into the zero gravity space around you to a platform of rubble above. Here, you are met with the tree creature's peak. It has an amalgomation of teeth, faces, eyes, and animal spirits. 
"We are the Neo Exdeath... All realities will be one... No more splinter, united by one reality... The endless Void!"

Boss Encounter: 
Neo Exdeath (HP: 999)
Charge and headbonk...wherever his head is. Limn will make sure I don't fall somewhere unfortunate by flying next to me ready to float me to safety.
This tree will get what he has coming to him!
Uh, a final boss at level 2?

I just sit back and hope that this battle is a scripted loss. D:
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Throw my wrench at the boss?