TAKE DOWN: INFINITY SHIFT ~FORUM RPG~

K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
Attempt to select b.magic from the menu.

I charge my fist, jump into the air with the sun behind my back and land a grotesquely unremarkable normal attack on the seahorse.

Or at least I hope I land it. And don't fall off the boat or something. *land lubber legs*
Tell my herd of demon turtle things to attack.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

LockeZ

Steal from Seahorse
+1x Arctic Wind!

Allen Hunter
With a glug-glug of your Potion, you are healed! HP Restored.

Selphie
"Alrighty! Going by it's attack abilities, using Thunder magic on it wouldn't go down so well~
Sorry 'bout your ocean buddies, but you attacked us! There's only two methods to madness, and that's Love and Peace, or blow them to smithereens! And guess which one you're getting!"
You let your giant nunchaku fly!
->1 Damage to Seahorse!

Storm
With a swing of your flail you bop that Seahorse!
->3 Damage to Seahorse!

Zeuzio

Screaming like an amazonian warrior princess, you leap high above everyone with your axes at the ready.
->10 Damage to Seahorse!

MrChearlie
You use a potion on Selphie! Selphie is cured!

Sephiroth
You whip back the hair from your face, and stare down the Seahorse. Leaping backwards, you land vertically on a mast. With a burst of energy, you leap through the air horizontally past the Seahorse. At the other side of the ship you skid to a halt, and are holding the Masamune to your side.
->5 Damage to Seahorse!

Gourd_Clae
By the time it takes for your moogle to fumble his little way over to you, receive a faithful pat on the head, Khos had already leapt past you.

Khos
Speaking of Khos, you charge your fist, jump into the air with the sun behind your back and land a grotesquely unremarkable normal attack on the seahorse.
->1 Damage to Seahorse!
Seahorse shudders and splutters! With one eye popping out of his head due to the shockwave of all these attacks, he turns red and slowly fades away!
The Seahorse is DEAD!

VICTORY!
Strike a pose!
+7 EXP to all.
+1 Level to Gourd_Clae!
Xavion gains 1 Sahagin Meat.
Everyone gains 700 gil each. (770 to Zeuzio, 1400 to Selphie)
Gourd_Clae gains 1 Arctic Wind
Khos gains 1 Phoenix Down
+75 LP!

"Hey, what's this stuff?" Gourd_Clae asks, holding up the LP Tokens.
Everyone looks puzzled.
Sephiroth steps forward, through the red dust that used to be Seahorse. "Seriously?" Taking his share of the LP, he holds one up for all your blank expressions to see. "These are License Points. You use them to buy traits and skills on your License Board."
More blank expressions as the Party looks amongst itself.
"License Board? LP?" Locke flips a LP token in the air and catches it. "Sounds pretty weird. How's it work?"
With a sigh of defeat, Sephiroth decides to explain whilst shaking his head slowly and shrugging the entire time.
"License Boards is a metaphorical board in your mind. These License Points, or "LP" will let you unlock panels on that board. Some panels cost more than others, so it helps to save up a little bit."
He wanders over to the starboard bow, and leans against the railing. "Everyone has their own personal License Board, so don't worry about someone stealing your stat increases. Sometimes you'll unlock Passive or Active Skills. These are just 'Skill Slots' that you can fill when you change your Job Class. There's also a few special slots to find, that give you extra bonuses."
"So, what, if we use LP, we'll get stronger?" asks Zeuzio, staring at hers.
"Yeah. One more thing, sometimes in your adventures, you'll find Special Panels; such as summon monsters, or limit breaks or other such things. Each Special Panels is predefined when you find it. What you do with these, is add them to your License Board so you can purchase them like any other panel. These Special Panels will be the only thing different on your board from anyone else's."
"Hold, ye lubber... All our License Boards be the same?"
"Uh, well, they have the same Panels, but the layout of the Panels are different on each board." Sephiroth breathes another sigh. "That's about it."
"This is kind of pointlessly complicated," Khos voices, but no one listens because they're busy using LP.
Stumbling forward, Storm announces, "I... remember..."
"Look, it's really easy. I shouldn't need to explain this to you," Sephiroth explains. "You pick any location on your License Board to start. Then you can buy any Panel next to a Panel you own. Got that memorized?"
The Party, previously oggling their new License Boards that probably took someone 10 hours or so to create, turn to look at Storm.
"These License Boards... They're... from where I was..." Storm holds his head, as memories flood back.

"Airships... Magicite..." Storm falls to his knees as memories pound back into place. "Palaces... Judges... Rabanastre!"
Standing up again, sweating now, Storm expresses this all to everyone around him. "Rabanastre! That's where I came from!"
"There was a bazaar, talking pig men, lizard guys, moogles---you name it! We all lived in harmony. Harmony? Is that right? No, I remember the Bangaa would hit me. Why?" Storm delved deeper into his memory. "I was... a citizen of Rabanaste..."

Sidestory, flashback you can skip.

The streets were bustling with life the day before the big wedding between Rasler and Ashe. As usual, Storm Andon was nowhere to be found. His younger sister, Rain Andon, was looking everywhere for him. Where could brother be? After checking around the Muthru Bazaar, East End and Southern Plaza, Rain Andon doubled over in exhaustion.

"Where did you go, Storm?" she gasped. A rough-looking Bangaa wandered by just then, and stopped at her words.
"Graa, wha'dya say there, little girl?" the lizard-man snarled with a gurgly voice. "Storm? Not, Storm Andon? A might good question, as I myself was lookin' for 'im!"
"Ahh, I don't know anything!" Rain Andon pleaded, warned by Storm to avoid lizard-men.
"Fiesty, eh? Come along, little gel. If'n Storm Andon knows ye, all the better. Lad owes me a fair share, an' we'll just take it out of you." The Bangaa picked up the girl around the middle, and took her kicking and screaming into Lowtown.
Down below, in the damp underground tunnels, they marched onward. Many a passer-by stepping quickly out of the Bangaa's way.
"Let me down, you creep!" yelled Rain Andon, thumping her captor with any limb she could manage.
"RAhahahaha," the Bangaa chortled, turning a corner.
"Are thy ears crippled? Let the girl free," Storm Andon growled, his head lowered enough to fan his hair across his face. With a ten-foot-pole at once side, and his feathery-collared bomber jacket hanging open, Storm was ready to fight.
BATTLE THEME.
"Sister, eh? Listen, scallywag! You owe me a pretty gil. Forget it not!"
"This is between you and I, Ta'Raasir!" Storm Andon swung his ten-foot-pole against the wall as a warning.

Ta'Raasir (HP:5)

Storm Andon
"Hurry, Rain, back away!" he yells, as he summons the power of Recall!
With a lucky roll, he pulls Flare into reality.
The spell cracks Ta'Raasir across the snout!
->4 Damage to Ta'Raasir!

Ta'Raasir
"Blast you, lad! I'll have your hide!"
Shooting his portable cannon at Storm Andon, he lands a crippling blow. Storm flies across the hallway, cracking his head on the wall.
->Storm Andon gains "Amnesia"!

Rain Andon
"Storm!!!" she yells, using too many exclamation points to be grammatically correct. With a soft-core uppercut and kick to the shin, Rain Andon wins the battle!
->1 Damage to Ta'Raasir!
Ta'Rassir is DEAD!

Just then, as Rain runs towards Storm Andon, the wall of time and space seem to fade. When Storm opens his eyes again, he sees a girl crying. She is running in slow-motion, towards him. Who is that girl? She seems so familiar... And suddenly, snow. Snow everywhere.
Storm stood up, and turned around. He quickly did up his bomber jacket, and looked around. Behind him, there was a town. Really rustic-looking place, with pipes and steam all over. And snow. Everywhere was that snow...
Making his way into town, he noticed a group of people wandering towards some caves, but paid them no mind. Instead, straight into the first building he could find.
"Welcome, stranger, what can I get'cha?" asked the man who was presumeably the owner of this shop.
Storm found himself lost for words. Looking around, nothing seemed familiar. Not even his own reflection in a mirror beside him.
"Where hath I come?" he decided to ask.
"This here's Narshe. You ain't from 'round these parts, are you?" the shopkeep shrugged. "Not many people are from 'round here though. Got a name, stranger?"
"My name? It's...Storm."

"...it was at that time the shopkeep told me of the mine expeditions. Whilst I had no memory to work alongside, it was my quandary alone to bare. Meanwhile, it was in my best interest to earn a quick gil." Storm ended his story with a scratch on his head.
Everyone else was too busy playing with their new License Boards to notice he had even said anything.

(note: you can PM me any questions you have about License Boards, or your purchases if you don't want to bog-down our forum thread with purchases.)

ALSO
You can now find the Menu... HERE.
I was getting worried about running out of room... so the OP will now just contain the shops and a link to the menu.)

Cid
The old man pops out on to the deck. "Hey will ya keep down the racket? Alright, I've got the ship engines running, but it'll be a while until we're airborn again. I guess you'll have to steer through the water for now!" And then he popped back below deck to continue tinkering.
Is the item shop guy stocked up yet?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I tie the skeleton arm on to my arm with the missing hand before putting my arm into the revivification water unless the revivification water doesn't work any more than I Eat 1 Gnomish Bread.

Now to hope that revivification water can heal scars with a replacement part.
I take a sip of the water, cast Heal on Kyrsty, and take another sip all in one swift and graceful action.

In the right thread this time OTL
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Buy a second Main Gauche, and dual-wield it with my current one.

Also, I want to make sure you update my inventory to include the items I bought in Nibelheim. I bought two smoke bombs and five lockpick sets, and then immediately used one up of the lockpick sets to get a SOLDIER uniform. It looks like you added the SOLDIER uniform to my inventory, but never added the other four lockpick sets or the two smoke bombs, and never subtracted the gil.
IvoryJones makes a dramatic opening scene and stabs Allen Hunter to take his place!

Uh, I've been ordered to do that. Pls don't kill me. *poofs*
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I sit back and wonder WTF I just said.
okay, let's see if I understand, buy J6 on my licesense thing
Also equip shield in the other hand

edit: #Lynch Zeuzio XD
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
wait, what the heck?
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
I use all my LP to buy F7, E7, D7, D8, D9, D10 on my the License board.

I am assuming the air ship will work as a sea ship.

I guess when everyone is ready we should keep going Northwest. And if we hit land I guess we'll just have to hoof it.
I activate L1,2, 3 and K2 on my license board (I choose Mug and Mindbreak as my two new active skills) for all my LP and use the bucket o' rejuvenation. I also agree with K-hos and insist we get moving on our course as soon as and however possible before looking around for Selphie to tell her to get guiding.
Dudesoft and Khos ordered me to do that. :( No bitchslapping please~
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I step in and protect Ivoryjones from Allen Hunter! "That's no way to treat a lady!" I exclaim chauvinistically, despite the fact that she was the one who attacked him unprovoked.

But really this is a ruse to pickpocket Ivoryjones as I'm saving her.