HOW SLEAZY IS ENTERBRAIN?

Pages: 1
I was initially hesitant to be anything but approving of the company that makes RPG Maker, but they keep trying to get me to send or receive spam in return for "free" extras like music and graphics. (You know, "We'll give you some music if you tell someone on Facebook how much you like Ace," "We'll give you a free copy of VX if you sign up for one of these deals with our sponsors," that sort of stuff.) Do I have reason to regret giving these people my email?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
imo, there's only reasons to regret giving your e-mail where ads are concerned.
It is by no means a large secret that Enterbrain's business practices have always been questionable in the past. However, you get ad's no matter where you shop online, whether it be Enterbrain to Ebay. So stop griping.
author=facesforce
It is by no means a large secret that Enterbrain's business practices have always been questionable in the past. However, you get ad's no matter where you shop online, whether it be Enterbrain to Ebay. So stop griping.

I don't know about Ebay, never having bought anything from it, but I've never gotten anything equivalent from the two places I have previously purchased things from online (Amazon and Steam.) There are sidebars and popups, sure, but they're always pretty straightforward.
You said it yourself, Amazon and Steam uses ads on sidebars and popups instead of email. Ebay and EB! doesn't do that much so they just announce it via email. I get stuff like that too from game sites I purchased stuff on.

It's...just normal by now.
EA is pretty bad for it too.
It was the "free copy of Ace if you sign up for a deal with our sponsors" that really set me off, since it's virtually identical to that "win a free iPod" scam that made the news a while back. It's not the sort of thing I expect from a company that actually has a business arm, rather than making its money entirely through such "sponsors."
To be fair, Degica isn't enterbrain but yeah.
Also that kind of thing is super popular with Trial Pay too. Buy Fated Heaven and get RMVX for free! (I got one for free because of this :D)
How sleazy are RPG Maker game makers to have kick starter projects? How sleazy are game makers to have kick starter when they could just have Game Stop pre-orders?
How sleazy is RMN for asking for donations? How sleazy is RMN for being a vendor affiliate and hocking Enterbrain's wares?
author=kentona
How sleazy is RMN for asking for donations? How sleazy is RMN for being a vendor affiliate and hocking Enterbrain's wares?

pretty damn sleazy.

(this topic is pretty silly)
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
author=kentona

"Psst psst, hay, can I interest you in some... goods?.."
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Khos: "Deckiller likes this post."
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Khos: "Deckiller Holbert likes this post."
I almost responded with some pretty sarcastic stuff but noticed the thread turn for the better the more I scrolled down.

You know, anyone who gives out their email and doesn't expect to get offers in their email should be banned from having access to the internet. It is these people who get viruses and then blame their internet service provider when their computer doesn't work.

It is a crime to offer deals on the high priced software they made in order to convince people to buy it rather than pirate it like most people are known to do. It's a travesty.

There goes that sarcasm again.

Edit: holy shit didn't see the date on this lol. Dead issue XD I'd better get up out of bed and just play a game rather than browse the interwebz on my phone XD

Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Guys who necropost topics should also be banned from the internet... just kidding.

Lots of e-mail providers allow you to use "custom" e-mail address to determine where the spam is coming from. For example, a Gmail user can use username+enterbrain@gmail.com or whatever when registering. Then if you determine spam is coming from a particular signup, you know who to blame... and how to route that stuff to the trash.
author=rcholbert
Guys who necropost topics should also be banned from the internet... just kidding.

Touche! lol
Pages: 1