I JUST HAD POTATO CHIPS FOR DINNER.

Pages: first 123 next last
I just had potato chips for dinner and I feel like the most obese and irresponsible person on the planet because of it.

What about you guys? Do you have healthy diets or unhealthy diets? Do you exercise? What sort of physical shape are you in?

In my case, I balance a high-fat, high-cholesterol diet with lots of exercise. It keeps my body in a precarious position where I am still technically alive but I am definitely not living. I go to McDonald's way more often than a human being should (about four times per week no kidding), eat primarily processed food (the only thing I cook is hashbrowns and eggs which I eat constantly), and drink at least one pot of coffee every day. I am working to make strides to improve my diet but apparently today wasn't a good day to start.

I usually snack on fruits but occassionally buy real junk food in moments of weakness. Unfortuantely once this junk food is in my house I can't help but eat it!

Physically I am pretty thin but I definitely could lose five vanity pounds. Because I jog almost every day but never lift heavy weights, my body is disproportionately larger and stronger on the bottom than the top. Generally I am in good physical shape.
Unhealthy, don't exercise, bad shape. I could stand to lose 40 pounds.

I have zero will power.
author=kentona link=topic=1106.msg16195#msg16195 date=1210628586
Unhealthy, don't exercise, bad shape. I could stand to lose 40 pounds.

I have zero will power.

Aww man =\

Maybe you should make a commitment to exercise for at least one month. Once you make it a habit you find it just an alien concept to go three days without jogging (much like yeah technically you don't NEED to bathe but it's a habit most of us have formed).
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I thrive on running. I run 3-4 miles every other night on a lazy week. I do a billion push-ups amidst the running, and sometimes pull-ups if I can find the proper apparatus. My diet is terrible, but the exercise regimen keeps me kickin'
author=harmonic link=topic=1106.msg16206#msg16206 date=1210630270
I thrive on running. I run 3-4 miles every other night on a lazy week. I do a billion push-ups amidst the running, and sometimes pull-ups if I can find the proper apparatus. My diet is terrible, but the exercise regimen keeps me kickin'

Dude if you move up here maybe we should do 5Ks together or something!
I am pretty thin but I have grown tall enough now and I am starting to fill out a bit. I generally eat utter crap because I work so hard at uni stuff I don't really feel like cooking ever.

I do exercise though. I do all the basic toning stuff like sit-ups, press-ups etc at home and if I have the time I will go running in a black muscle vest, touting my mp3 player and my blindingly white £5 ASDA running shoes.

Sex is also good exercise but I am single now so that source of healthiness has now dried up.

Needless to say my right arm and mouse clicking finger are in great shape.
I don't exercise.

But I do have a pretty balanced diet, mostly because it has to be due to medical reasons (meaning, I'd effing die if I didn't have a balanced diet; not get fat, die -- long story short, unbalanced diet == lack of potassium == paralysis == death by heart stopping). I actually could stand to gain pounds, though. I'm about 15 pounds underweight for my height -- I'm 5'10" and only 135lbs. I might be up to 140, but I'm not sure. I need to be 155, at least, according to most charts.
what how many potato chips. unless it was like a full bag or something i cannot see how it was a fulfulling diner
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
A few months ago, I worked at a job where I gained a lot of weight. About 60 pounds or so. This was mainly due to me sitting at my job and drinking soda and eating a lot of unhealthy shit.

Beginning last year, I have been paying more attention to my health and have begun exercising on a regular basis and strength training. I have a strength-oriented body naturally and gain muscle quite rapidly.

But thanks to my two+ years of vegetative state I am still struggling to work off my excess fat. I'm about to begin a new workout regimen that should hopefully get things moving in the right direction.

Also, eggs are awesome for you.
I usually have a hypercaloric diet to be able to gain some weight(having the metabolism of a friggin' horse doesn't help much though), along with going to the gym 3-5 times a week, I try to not eat too unhealthy stuff, but I need to eat a lot, and I regularly control my choresterol levels, so I can pretty much eat what I want when I want, or even sometimes more than I want to.
I never eat anything like cakes or kuchens or stuff like that because I prefer much more to eat some pasta or good piece of meat, or some chicken, or french fries.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
trance: EAT MORE BANANAS
I can pretty much quote everything that Brandon mentioned and it would basically be accurate. While I am technically underweight (I don't think so!) in terms of my height/weight ratio, I'd be in far better condition if I stopped eating so much crap. My mother buys an excess of it for herself and my brother... and I don't possess the capacity to escape it's allure!

In terms of exercise, I don't have a whole lot to tell, either. I did a lot of running over the past two years (Track), but I've been slacking a little too much more recently. Since my output was fundamentally limited to aerobic exercise, I also have absolutely no upper-body/abdominal strength to speak of! Everything above my legs is seemingly slender, of course-- but almost nothing at all is toned as it should be. >.<
Magi
Resident Terrapin
My roommate eats goldfish for dinner.

On a regular basis.
author=Despain link=topic=1106.msg16220#msg16220 date=1210635839
what how many potato chips. unless it was like a full bag or something i cannot see how it was a fulfulling diner

Well it was less aobut being a fulfilling dinner and more about skipping dinner because I had eaten so many potato chips :(
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
My mother is really bad about grocery shopping/cooking/etc., so I've pretty much taught myself how to make relatively decent-for-you and okay-tasting meals from various canned goods and copious amounts of starch. I usually take disgusting frozen meals and some random FRESH ITEM OMG in the fridge and turn it into something not-so-disgusting and slightly more healthy. So yeah my eating habits are to make the best of a mother will neither shop nor let her son shop! I really haven't figured out WHY but I think it has something to do with all the money she spends on those 100-Calorie Packs. She eats like five at a time (still 100 calz, right???!?).

I count calories but I seriously have the slowest metabolism in the world*. My goal every day is to have at least twenty minutes of energetic action (usually really hyper interpetive dance or jogging while singing to build lungs+exercise), lots of slow exercise (lifting lightish weights while waiting for a game to load, during fifteen push-ups when I finish a paragraph of homework, stuff like that) and to not over-eat. Sadly I've destroyed this over the past week (ICE CREAM YAY) due to various personal issues but I'm normally good about it! I'm still chunky though, which is really depressing... but for some reason it's pretty well distributed (so I do not look like UGLY FAT PERSON but like DUDE WITH BIG ARMS... it's not fooling anybody, but it looks a Hell of a lot nicer than FAT SLOB).

My strength is impressive, however, and I have an enormous amount of tenacity/pain tolerance. Exposing yourself to hurt isn't exactly healthy, but I've done some pretty incredible things while not on an adrenaline high. Also thanks to the types of "exercise" I do (re: DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING (oh god nobody better see me)) I am remarkably agile and flexible. My balance could use some work and I can't jump high due to the chunkiness but man can I stretch!

In short, I'm really weird. =P

*=Not an excuse for LOL WEIGHT. A year or so ago I spent a few weeks with a friend and his brother. We all ate the exact same food and did roughly the same amount of active stuff. I gained a few pounds, they stayed the same. MOST DEPRESSING END-OF-SUMMER EVER

EDIT: Okay I made this sound TERRIBLE. I have actually lost a lot of weight over my teenage years and I'm a lot healthier than I was two or three years ago.
author=Magi link=topic=1106.msg16232#msg16232 date=1210639784
My roommate eats goldfish for dinner.
I must quote this for truth. Best stuff ever.

I'm also technically underweight, and I'm trying to eat more but I don't really care. I eat pretty much anything I want and nothing happens. I think I should follow Cray's advice, since that's the only way to gain weight.
AGE AVG HEIGHT AVG WEIGHT PERCENTILE
16-17 years 67 â€" 70 inches 130 â€" 150 lbs 50%

There is the chart for me. Good thing for that 50 percentile, because although I am 68 inches or so, I am only 98 pounds :). Yes, I am incredibly underweight for my age, which is thanks to my matabalism (spelled right?). I eat absoloute shit a lot of the time (not in a serious manner here people) and yet I NEVER gain any weight. As for exercising, I do some here and there. Recently I tried taking up yoga, and it's ok. Other than that, I prefer sit ups, and inclined push-ups. For those who don't know, inclined push up are where you put your feet on a higher object, so that they are above your body, and generally the higher you go, the harder it gets.
author=ankylo link=topic=1106.msg16249#msg16249 date=1210647295
I've never had coffee

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Calm down abley. Also, Ankylo, are you suggesting I should try doing hand stand pushups, or are you asking if that is what I am talking about?
Pages: first 123 next last