RM2K3 - PHOENIX SUMMON - HEALING DEAD PARTY MEMBERS

Pages: 1
Okay, my current setup is this: At turn we set a variable to the summoner's CURRENT MP.
We then have a battle page that gets activated when the summoner uses the summon skill subset which then turns on a PHOENIX switch.
This new battle page activated by the PHOENIX switch then sets a all-purpose variable to the current MP of the summoner, then it subtracts the summons PREVIOUS current MP from the most current and checks the value. If it matches with the unique MP casting of the Phoenix summon, it activates the next section, which is where I'm having trouble with.
Upon getting the correct MP value it casts a summon battle animation on all enemies not once BUT TWICE. I have no idea why it does this. It then properly removes the wounded condition from all dead allies and gives 500 health to each as it should after a short...pause which seems odd. The pause I'm not TOO worried about, I'm more concerned with why its playing the summon animation TWICE and not once. And yes, I only use the 'show battle animation' command once. I tried it on all enemies, then on individual enemies, to no avail. It still plays it twice. What is going on?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Can you take screenshots of your battle events and post them? Or retype them here, if that's easier?
I'd say inside the battle conditions page that uses the animation, put a conditional branch on the animation such as:
If "Switch:Played Animation is off"
Then: Play animation
Turn on "Switch: Played Animation"
Seems obvious, but silly workarounds are how we get rm2k3 to do what we want.
Also, is there a skill that is playing the animation or just when it is called?
Maybe it is reading the same battle page twice?
Edit: Just realized you were "Amulet of Fate". This is one of my most anticipated rm2k3 games.
Let me know if you're still having problems with this. I'm good at finding rm2k3 quirks.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm guessing off the top of my head that one skill animation is being played by the skill, because you set an animation for it in the skills tab. And the other is being played by the battle event.

If this isn't the case then your event's logic is screwed up as I suspected before, and I will need to see it.
You are absolutely correct LockeZ, by removing the call for the animation in the battle event, I simply let the skill itself, which was tied to the animation originally perform the function and the second run-thru never occurred. So all is fixed.
And thanks Demicrusaius! :D
Pages: 1