RPGVXACE EDITOR HAS STOPPED WORKING

Pages: 1
Well one day I went to open VX Ace and it would not start, all it gave was an error message saying what it says in the title (RPGVXAce Editor has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to this problem, etc. etc.). I restarted the computer multiple times, uninstalled RPGVXAce and the RTP and reinstalled both. It still does not work. This makes the program completely useless right now so I'm kinda like... o_o

Does anyone know what's up and how to fix this?
BUMP

haha getting steadily more pissed off, this program which I paid 80 bucks for is still not working, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything that would make it break, although there's no way of knowing for sure since I haven't gotten any replies on here and the support ticket I sent to Enterbrain has not been replied to yet >_>
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
What was the last thing you did in the program when it was working?
Also, did you try contacting the staff over at RPG Maker Web? Or perhaps asking on their forums...that's the official website, so if anyone could help you-- it's them.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/35-rgss3-scripts-rmvx-ace/
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Not sure how this affects your game in VX ace, but have you tried reinstalling the program?
Trihan: the last thing I did was just browsing the database to look at what kind of status effects there were... I didn't edit anything though. The last time I edited something was probably just when I added a new map. It worked fine though...

MakoInfused: nope but I will make a post on there right now, thanks

InfectionFiles: yup already uninstalled it then reinstalled. However, I think I used the installer files from when I first downloaded it, I'm not sure if I re-downloaded them, I'll try it again just to be sure...
alright it's official. just uninstalled the program and then redownloaded the files straight from the initial verification email. so at this point I am completely lost.
Trihan
Has this happened to you with any other programs at all?

It may be redundant at this point, but try uninstalling, virus and spyware scanning your hard drive, defragmenting it, and reinstalling.

If you have one, it might help pinpointing the problem if you can try installing it on another computer to see if it works that way or gives the same issue.
I'm pretty sure there is only two things that could be wrong:

1. What trihan suggested, a virus/worm or something of that nature.
2. Something broke in the registry.

I'm pretty sure VXA leaves registry files behind even when you uninstall it (most software does), therefore it's likely that something in the registry is messed up and because the program can't find what it's looking for it just hangs.

Good luck finding a solution, hopefully the staff can help you out.
Trihan
Yeah, I was gonna mention the possibility of corrupted registry entries but that's a bit more high-level to support and fix so going down easier avenues first seemed like a better use of MysticSquid's time.
Pages: 1