UPLOADING A COMPLETED GAME AND THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Pages: first 12 next last
Hello RPG Maker community.

About ten hours ago I tried to make a submission for a new completed game, Homage. I found the whole process fairly confusing, but I ended up filling in two separate forms: one for 'game submission' and a template post in the 'submission forum'. As far as I read, in the game submission form it said I must give a link to the submission forum post... I think? Somewhere it also said I couldn't upload my game until something had been approved, or...

Anyway, I'm really confused. The end result is that my game has been approved and is now in the 'Games' section of this site, but it doesn't have a download available. If I check the box 'download available' in the search, it doesn't find my game.

It seems as though I have made a mistake somewhere. Is the lack of a download button normal? How do I add a download button for my game?

The game topic is here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4263/
Hover over your name in the top bar and wait for the drop down menu. Click on Manage Games and choose your game. From there you can add pages, images, downloads, blogs, etc.
I think you're getting the css (which changes the look of the gamepage) with some sort of forum submission post or something, since we don't allow projects to be shown in the forums. Everything is run through game pages.

Any more questions, just ask, and welcome~
Thanks for your help. I think I've figured it out.
My game is still pending approval, but when I filled out the info on the game and added some screenshots, I looked all over several times and found no way to upload the actual game itself. How do I upload my game to the site?

-Thanks
Once your gameprofile is approved you can upload downloads to it as well as submit blogs and create pages for it.
my game was declined because of editing,what on earth?
The site has some standards, but if you don't get accepted right away, that's fine. Just fix what is recommended and resubmit.

Standards are basically:
- 3 in-game images required (they must be different from each other and title/game over screens don't count at all)
- decent mapping skills shown
- well-written 500 character description (minimal spelling, grammar and punctuation errors) about the game itself

If there is something wrong with the game you'll receive a small note with a link to a thread or topic that might help.
If it's description you'll be sent <here>
If it's mapping you'll be sent either <here> or <here>

Game spam doesn't help, either. If the game is denied and the creator just puts it back up without any fixes, the wait for when it's next looked at will be longer and longer. If it keeps happening then eventually it'll just be flat out denied until it's fixed.

There may also be times when one game takes longer than another because it's being discussed by staff - this happens to ones that may prove controversial if allowed on the site.

Hope that helps inform you a bit more.
i still dont get this,all i want to do is put the game online,but it makes no sense
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
If you don't understand the reasons given for being denied, just ask! We'll be happy to clarify for you. I'd explain right now, but I don't really understand your previous post about it.
author=justin777
i still dont get this,all i want to do is put the game online,but it makes no sense

Not following here.

Do you mean finding a site like this one to upload the game so others can download? If so, there's a process involved. Most sites require you to have an uploading site like MediaFire to upload the game to. This site allows you to host and upload directly through them, but you have to follow their requirements, which is not that difficult to do.

If you're talking about online as in getting online servers for multiple players, that's not something RMN is going to help you do. Some game editors are more apt in allowing it than others (RPG Maker is impossible by default and would require extensive scripting and program knowledge to do this), but you still have to find and support your own server to allow this, or pay the fees for others to do this.
I should add that he got his answers to this in another thread and successfully submitted his game, don't worry. ^.^
how can I upload my rpg maker vx ace project? sorry for reawakening this old topic. I just have the same problem and my submission was approved but I have no idea what script to insert or how to get my project up for an actual download.

Thanks!
There's no script necessary. Get a free program like winrar, 7zip or winzip, then compress the folder the game is in - unless you're using Ace's self-extractor option.

Hover over your name in the top black bar and wait for the drop down menu. Click on Manage Games and choose your game. From there you can add pages, images, downloads, blogs, etc.

Choose Downloads, then click Add New Download. Click Browse and find the file for your game on your computer. Fill out the rest of the information on that page, then click submit and wait for the page to redirect to another (it can take quite a while, depending on your internet speed and the size of the file). Once it's done it will direct to another page.

If it doesn't do that and instead tells you there was an issue, it might be that your game file is too big. We only allow game hosting for files below 400MB. In that case either go through your game and get rid of files that weren't used (usually music files are the biggest contributor to game bloat) or host the game on another site like dropbox or mediafire. You can then link the download to the download section by doing the same thing as above, except this time instead of browsing for a game file, you paste the link to the uploaded game into the link area of the New Download page.

Any more questions, just ask, and welcome~
author=Raoul589
Thanks for your help. I think I've figured it out.

pls tell me how u did it becus i can't idk how
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=JasmineKashni
pls tell me how u did it becus i can't idk how

Creating a game that can be downloaded can be done in several ways. One method is mentioned in the post just above yours (ie: create a ZIP file). If you have one of the RPG Maker engines that can create a self-extracting executable, that's a viable method as well.

To make the game able to be played and downloaded, you will need a gamepage. Up at the top of the screen is a "Submissions" option, of which "Submit Game" will get you to where you want to be. They'll be some set-up (ie: you write a description and upload three in-game images), and some wait-time (a week, give or take, depending on where you fall in the queue), but, if it gets accepted, hover your cursor over your username, and there will be a "Manage Games" option, where you can add a download, among other options.

*Edit: Does... this make any sense?
Hello there!

I wonder if there's a maximum size for game uploads with the "submit game" form?
It would be really nice if I could host my game directly on rpgmaker.net but unfortunatley the 500mb of my game seem to be causing errors when I try to upload it... Thus up until now I can only host it externally which I don't think many people like ^^;

I guess the database behind the site doesn't support such large files?

thanks in advance ^^
huh? I thought I edited my post... delete me please...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I believe the cap for files to be stored on RMN's servers is about 450MB? My memory is a tad fuzzy on this, though.

Oh, it's in the Sumbmission Rules!

Game downloads below 20 MB are accepted so long as it follows the Terms of Service. Games greater than that are up to RMN staff discretion (most are accepted). Games greated than 450MB cannot be accepted.

author=Marrend
I believe the cap for files to be stored on RMN's servers is about 450MB? My memory is a tad fuzzy on this, though.
Oh, it's in the Sumbmission Rules!
Game downloads below 20 MB are accepted so long as it follows the Terms of Service. Games greater than that are up to RMN staff discretion (most are accepted). Games greated than 450MB cannot be accepted.

I see.. thanks! ^^;
I guess I should have read the submission rules after all... xD
Pages: first 12 next last