CLOSAT - THE CULMINATION - {DEADLINE IMMINENT!}

Pages: first 12345 next last
~ CLOSAT ~
The Culmination

What is this?
This is the last of a series of Creative Writing exercises. There will be seven (7) topics/parts to the series, all aimed at creation.

This seventh episode will focus on putting everything we have written so far into one complete story.

But what is a CLOSAT?
It's a culmination of a group of different things that combine to create a story. This will be something of an experiment, actually.

Fine, then what do we have to do?
Firstly, decide whether or not you are going to stick around for all seven parts. I'm aiming to have them done within a few weeks time, and some parts are longer than others.

Secondly, each topic will ask you to create something. This something will be used by others so don't throw out anything that you'd rather not be shared.

Lastly, create.

We get a prize, right?
I've thought about it and decided that there will be three (3) achievements. The first two will be one or the other, not both.
The first will be a general participation achievement for anyone who wants to join this topic just now.
The second is a full participation achievement for those who have completed the previous CLOSAT topics. This one is applicable only to those who have already done them, and not open to anyone from here on out.
The last achievement can be gained on top of the other and is awarded for completing the challenge. The challenge is a story that has different rules and is harder to complete.

What are we creating?
This time, the last time, we are going to use everything that we have created in the six previous topics to actually create a story.

You'll do this like so:
- Each person will receive a PM from me with a random set of everything that has come before.
- You will then be tasked with fitting all these random things together into a coherent story.
- Each person will get 2-4 characters, 1 location, 1-2 objects, 1 situation, 1 action and 1 theme that they must use.
- If you require extra content, you may use anything that has been created in the previous threads, whether they were your own creations or others.
- Word limit will be 750 - 10000 words. As long as it's over 750 words, contains all your pieces, is grammatically correct and has decent spelling, it will count as a complete CLOSAT.

- You have until the end of August to come up with your story, though if more time is needed, feel free to ask!

Be as creative, crazy, zany, insane, serious, deep, philosophical and meaningful as you want. These will be your own stories, you're just borrowing the make-up.

Once done, add your story to the topic and feel proud of your accomplishments. There may or may not be something to sweeten the deal for those who complete this last step.

If anyone wants to take a challenge, PM me.

Create~

Current Creators

Caz
Dudesoft
Gourd_Clae
*Irili*
Killer Wolf
Liberty
MagicalRuneKnight
Marrend
Miracle
MrChearlie
papasan96
pyrodoom
Zeuzio

~green means completed~

Stories

Challenge
The challenge is as follows. If you sign up for it you will receive a PM with a random assortment of rules and content. This could range from bizarre to just plain mean. You can decline a challenge once you get it and just do a normal one, but if you decide to do a challenge again, it will be the same as the one you initially received.
Content - could be any number of any content. You may have to write a story with all the characters that were created, or none. It might have to include three themes and seven items, or no items and two locations. It will be randomly generated.
Rules - you'll be given rules to follow to complete the challenge. It may be something as simple as following a word count to the exact amount, writing only dialogue, having to write in a certain tense or 'angle' or even writing without using a certain letter or word.

I recommend that only those who are good with the English language partake the challenge, though, as it may be a bit harder for those who aren't very good with writing it to complete some of the rules.

How do we join? I read the whole topic and didn't find anything about that. Do I just tell you that I want to join this, or is it something else. Because I would like to take a shot at this.
This is the last part of the CLOSAT series. I take it that anyone who has completed the last six will be a part of this one, so don't worry about that. I'll start sending out the PMs some time today/tonight.

Also: If anyone who wasn't a part of the CLOSAT series wants to give this a go, let me know in this thread and I'll send you some random content as well.

There will be three achievements. The first will be for those who complete this part, the second will be for those who completed all the parts of the CLOSAT. Unfortunately, if you didn't finish them all previously then you won't be eligible for the complete achievement, but joining now will net you one at least.

The third achievement will be optional, so if anyone wants to take the challenge, let me know. Basically I will give out a random number of different content and you will have to fit the story into a set amount of words exactly. Some other random rules might apply, depending on however many people decide to take the challenge.
PMs have been sent. Any questions, just ask.

If anyone else wants to join, just say so. I'll whip up something for you all. Reused content only makes the event more interesting, seeing how the same things mixed together may change a story.

So far we have no Challenge takers, either. Let me know if you want to take the Challenge.
Liberty, I accept your challenge. I'll still be using the random content that you sent me, right?
I'll send you the extras, but yes, the stuff I sent will be the base. Prepare to be, well, challenged!

We have ONE TAKER folks! Keep in mind that any who complete a Challenge will receive an extra achievement on top of the participation one!

Hope I didn't make it too hard for you, Irili! I look forward to you challenge results and as always, any questions, feel free to ask!
Everything seemed pretty swell until I saw my theme... :V
May God have mercy on my soul...
Yeah, a few themes/actions/situations are a bit... odd. If you need clarification on anything, just PM me and I'll find a... translation... that will work.

Irili, you asked for it. It's not called a Challenge because you ge to play with fluffy bunnies, you know? ;p
Thanks Liberty!

Hmmm...should I attempt the challenge? Makerscore and achievements are everything, after all...
Oh, ask Irili just how cruel they can be. But if you're up for a... Challenge, then go right ahead~
>:D
@Liberty: But I like fluffy bunnies! That's okay, I've already got a Canterbury Tales sort of idea in my head.

@Zeuzio: Do it! Do it now! Suffer, ye mere mortal.
Oh, sweet~

I can send you the stuff for a challenge, Zeuzio, and you can choose when you see it whether you want to partake or not.
:x

Uh, Ummmm... Sure, I'll try the challenge. Mostly because I'm very curious as to what it is! Of course, you know what they say about the cat...

(I'm going to regret this aren't I?)

EDIT: Sure, I'll do just that, Libby.
>:D
Enjoy the challenge, Zuezio~

<insert evil laughter here>
I'd like to do the challenge, in addition to a story with the content you already sent me, if I can?
wow, sure is random, despite I think I got cool things, this is going to funny :P
@Wolf: That'll be fine. I'll send you the details shortly.
i think i can make a pretty ok narrative and I already came this far.. i rly don't want to give up after all this.

I suck at writing tho. And idk, what do achievements do? Are they just decorations?

i accept the challenge btw.
Pages: first 12345 next last