COULD SOMEONE MAKE CHIPTUNE MUSIC FOR MY GAME?

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I know that there are sites with modules, where I probably would find what I need, but I don't know of any of batch music converters that can convert xm/it/s3m->OGG (VX Ace format).

Other thing is, that I'd like to have something original. I'm going to use rtp for graphics anyway, but I want that at least music and soundfx were original. I'd like something like in old RPGs on SNES. Nice chiptune vibe.

So anyone is up for task? Of course I guarantee credits in game. For now I need those three:
- Titlescreen (something happy with lots of bleeps).
- Generic battle theme (no specific preferences about that, but of course has to be chiptune).
- Town theme (something happy, but slow. I think about 100-110BPM).
Rave
Bumpity bump. Still needs help.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
If you can't get a composer, a quick google search for "royalty-free chiptune music" yields dozens of results. I found this website particularly good:

http://freemusicarchive.org/genre/Chiptune/

For sound effects, I recommend either downloading and processing your own from a site like freesound or using SuperFlashBros' 8bit sound effect generator and playing with that.
Rave
As I said, I'd like to have something on my own, and most of chiptune music available online is in xm/it/s3m/mod format and as I mentioned earlier, even when I get modules that fits well, I have no way to batch-convert them into mp3/ogg. One by one with ModPlug, sure, but there are no batch xm/it/s3m/mod >- ogg converters that I know of.

But that site you posted looks good. And also it seems to be in mp3s... I'll use it as last resort, as someone got to me via PM and I want to use every occasion to get original soundtrack.

And I know of SFXR/BFXR SFX generator family, but thanks for mentioning it. Maybe it'll be useful for others.
Hey man i know how to make music but with a guitar i could try to do the music. but at lest need to know how do you want the sound be like ? i mean sad, happy,etc.
Rave
Sorry, guitar music is not what I'm looking for. But I'll keep your offer in mind for future projects.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Honeslty I'm going to suggest you try some of the resources below and make your own music. Actualy check out this entire post. I thin that's mostly 8-bit.
You cna also find SNES and 8-bit soundfonts for use in rendering midis you've made in other programs via Synthfont or other things. Chedc Zophar's domain, Wooly's and Willaim Kage's/url] sites.
Rave
I know I could do my own music, but I suck at it. Like, royally. So, rather not, unless you want to throw your speakers outta window when starting my game.
BurningTyger
I use Wolframtones to make a lot of my music- that's random generation! Then I tweak it as I see fit in Synthfont and Audacity. I also have "Melody raiser I could give if you want to try it- it'll compose for you and you can then tweak it as you like.
So consider that.

To be blunt, show me what you've got, and I may well help you; right now mere altruism isn't enough when you show up empty-handed begging for assistance.
author=BurningTyger
Wolframtones

Interesting. How would you turn it into something closer to a chiptune though?

Holy crap, after just a few minutes of playing with this I'm hooked
BurningTyger
I use Synthfont to transform midi into wav or mp3. If you look carefully there are various Snes and 8-bit soundfonts out there on the web- you could use those to render the midi as you see fit.
Hey man, I'm an aspiring composer always looking to write for someone. I could do some music for you.

Also, I definitely made an account just to reply to this post, haha.

PM me and I can send you some of my stuff and we can talk more details.
Pages: 1