CAN YOU USE XP STYLE SPRITES IN ACE?

Pages: 1
Hi all.

I have been considering taking the plunge and upgrading to VX Ace. From what I've heard and read the flexibility of the program is vastly superior to VX and XP. Thing thing is... I hate the chibi style sprites and really prefer the three layer mapping of XP.

So I'm wondering, are you really restricted to chibi sprites and if you've worked with XP and Ace how much of a difference does the different mapping styles really make in the quality of the environments you can produce?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You certainly don't have to use chibi sprites! You can make your own in whatever style you like, or you can use the XP sprites. The way a spritesheet image is laid out is different in XP than in VX Ace, but if you don't feel like editing the XP sprite images and moving the poses around to the right places, here is a tool to do it for you automatically:

http://leventhan.wordpress.com/2008/10/11/xp-to-vx-character-converter/

I googled xp to vx sprite converter and this was the first result. If it doesn't work well for you, there were several other search results for similar programs.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
XP graphics with VX Ace, now there's some win.

Because to me, it's a BIG difference on how the game looks. I'd enjoy and play a game with XP graphics any day over a VX game. Gameplay can only go so far for me, before I get tired of looking at weird, blocky graphics.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Not to mention the colors : grass, water, etc, vxace seems a little better for that.But still blocky!
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
XP graphics in an Ace game?
Oh thank god, most VX/Ace game creators won't even bother changing the graphics at all.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Well, I am guilty as charged for using VXAce RTP, but only because I like this style and it fits my game pretty well.
Pages: 1